HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 13, 2010, 1:11 PM

NO wayyyyyy...reallly??? Dang, talk about being close to your next door neighbor. Yikes.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2010, 1:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscrapersOfNewYork View Post
no its about 15-20 feet away
Uh, no. It's not that close.

MSPaint sucks, but my super expert surveying job makes it look about ~100 ft. away.

Image is from Google Maps.

Last edited by uaarkson; Sep 13, 2010 at 8:15 PM.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2010, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uaarkson View Post
Uh, no. It's not that close.

MSPaint sucks and can't draw lines at angles, but my super expert surveying job makes it look about ~100 ft. away.
according to Google Earth's measuring tape, it's just about 75 feet between both buildings

Old Posted Sep 13, 2010, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumeh View Post
according to Google Earth's measuring tape, it's just about 75 feet between both buildings

Ok, so my original estimate of 60 feet wasn't too bad.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2010, 3:14 PM
Editor

Webcam update (wtcprogress.com)

Old Posted Sep 13, 2010, 4:01 PM
don't *meddle*...

Old Posted Sep 13, 2010, 4:14 PM
Editor

On the last images posted by hunser is clearly visiable whoch height the concrete core has reached. The concrete guys made a lot of progress, like the steel guys as well.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2010, 4:46 PM
don't *meddle*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWorldTradeCenter View Post
On the last images posted by hunser is clearly visiable whoch height the concrete core has reached. The concrete guys made a lot of progress, like the steel guys as well.
yeah, it's really great to see progress everywhere. we haben been patient for long enough, now it's the time where our patience finally pays off.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2010, 6:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post

The building has very clear definition in this photo. This is perhaps the best photo I've seen where the geometries of this building are clearly expressed.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2010, 7:05 PM
JoeCooper

Once this tops the Verizon, one will be able to get A LOT more pictures of it, especially from the Empire State Building!!!

Old Posted Sep 13, 2010, 7:19 PM
New Yorker for life

SEPTEMBER 12, 2010

Pictures from a wet and gloomy Sunday...

Freedom Tower towers over West Street...

Video Link

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2010, 7:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumeh View Post
sorry ,sorry i forgot to count the distance from the WTC site fence to the Verizon BLDG. i was only counting the walk way between the FT and the Verizon bldg.

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Sep 14, 2010, 2:55 AM
Metal Up Your !

I couldn't go 3 days without checking up on the updates. Like the guy in the last page said, the updates have become an addiction

Old Posted Sep 14, 2010, 4:36 AM

Sorry if this has already been beaten into the ground, but it is becoming very clear from the latest renders and progress on the actual building that the SOM model and diagram showing constant width/floorplate size from floors 1 to 108 top has got to be wrong. The floor plates get smaller because the building TAPERS just like Trumps stock exchange tower (I'll bet even money on it); i.e., the largest floorplate in the building is 20.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2010, 2:34 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramsjdg View Post
Sorry if this has already been beaten into the ground, but it is becoming very clear from the latest renders and progress on the actual building that the SOM model and diagram showing constant width/floorplate size from floors 1 to 108 top has got to be wrong.
Yes, it has been beaten into the ground, and No, the model and diagram are not incorrect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotizzy
I couldn't go 3 days without checking up on the updates. Like the guy in the last page said, the updates have become an addiction
I was thinking to myself recently that I've been spending too much time down at the site, becoming slightly obsessed with the construction. But this is a once in a lifetime event, for so many different reasons. When its done, it'll be done. I'm enjoying the process to getting there.

antyhonyling86

This older view of the model makes it clear why the tower appears to taper from some angles...

__

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2010, 3:27 PM
Reluctant Hobbesian

So, when is West St going to be rerouted and expanded and the Hudson River Greenway in front of the WFC expanded?

All of us who are concerned for peace and triumph of reason and justice must be keenly aware how small an influence reason and honest good will exert upon events in the political field. ~Albert Einstein

Old Posted Sep 14, 2010, 3:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
So, when is West St going to be rerouted and expanded and the Hudson River Greenway in front of the WFC expanded?
When they finish the Transportation Hub connector tunnel and the South Projection. Anyone know a projected date?

Old Posted Sep 14, 2010, 3:46 PM

Nothing before 2012, is all I can say.

If they closed down West Street then this would be completed in no time, but it would cause serious congestion. Plus they need space for trucks and staging equipment for 1WTC and the memorial.I think they will reopen Vesey, Fulton, Greenwich, Liberty, and Church Street around the same time they rehab West Street.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2010, 4:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BStyles View Post
Nothing before 2012, is all I can say.

If they closed down West Street then this would be completed in no time, but it would cause serious congestion. Plus they need space for trucks and staging equipment for 1WTC and the memorial.I think they will reopen Vesey, Fulton, Greenwich, Liberty, and Church Street around the same time they rehab West Street.

Maybe this would have been the perfect answer for the naysayers that have complained about this taking so long. Also I must reiterate, that because of the serious congestion already, just because it is Manhattan, the logistical nightmare it is, shipping all of the supplies in there, just to construct such a massive project.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2010, 4:49 PM
Editor

A few floors more and the crane's tip will reach the roof of 7WTC.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive