HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 5:46 PM
mmmm... infillicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wong21fr View Post
Yep. That's two Denver startups (Marketo was CA based, but it's Denver office was the larger one) gobbled up in less than a month. Those were the two likeliest unicorns that could have really bootstrapped the Denver tech scene to the next level and given up that large public tech company.

Hopefully the Denver office stays open.
And they still may. In both cases I think it is unlikely the acquiring firm will close or reduce the Denver office at a time when companies are specifically moving employees to Denver and opening Denver offices due to the lower cost of living, educated workforce, and high quality of life here.

DenverInfill Blog
DenverUrbanism

Old Posted Oct 16, 2018, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverInfill View Post
And they still may. In both cases I think it is unlikely the acquiring firm will close or reduce the Denver office at a time when companies are specifically moving employees to Denver and opening Denver offices due to the lower cost of living, educated workforce, and high quality of life here.
I'd assume that's the case, especially with SendGrid.

Marketo could be more of a concern since Adobe has grown such a large presence in Utah. They'll surely stay in Denver but the question is how significant of a presence will there be?

As I've suggested previously California, specifically the Bay area is like an incubator for the whole country. They all like having a California address as their 'global' HQ but expand to all manner of places. San Francisco Business Times recently carried this story:

Bay Area exodus: Here are the companies that have moved headquarters or opened offices out of California
Quote:
Cities like Austin, Atlanta, Salt Lake City and Denver are attracting companies to set up shop as they flee the region's sky-high office prices and cost of living.

Old Posted Yesterday, 7:56 PM

Right on Colfax

BusinessDen has the news about a 0.22-acre lot on the SWC of Colfax and Raleigh being sold. Same ownership also owns the parcel at 1477 Raleigh St.
I'm sure many would be skeptical of building a 25-story condo tower but nothing has yet been formally proposed.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:09 PM
Ground Scraper

It's zoned U-MS-5, so nothing over 5 stories.
"When white people move out of a neighborhood, it's called white flight and it's racist. When white people move back to a neighborhood, it's called gentrification and it's racist. So, white people should just never move." - internet comment

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West