HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Feb 28, 2018, 6:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
Correct - the same group developing J&5th, Hard Rock Hotel and several developments in O4W (http://www.dezhuus.com) are behind this project.

If you are using Chrome browser needed to convert Chinese to English, you can read additional details on the project.

https://atlanta.americachineselife.c...C%AA%E6%9D%A5/
Psst -- you can use Google Translate in any browser (useful for iPhones, etc); here's a link to the translated article: https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

Old Posted Feb 28, 2018, 2:28 PM

Nearly $400 million Quarry Yards project unveiled

Phase 1 is zoned for up to...
  • 575,000 square feet of office space
  • 300-key hotel
  • 75,000 square feet of retail
  • 850 residential units
https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...rry-yards.html

Quote:
A 70-acre mixed-use development next to the Bankhead MARTA station is the latest spark contributing to the revitalization of Atlanta’s long overlooked neighborhoods just west of the city.

The transit-oriented project is led by former Atlanta Braves and Georgia Tech star Mark Teixeira, who is teaming with Urban Creek Partners Jimmy Barry and Joel Bowman.

The project's design is led by HKS Architects and Populous. Brasfield & Gorrie is the general contractor. CBRE Inc. is leading leasing efforts.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Feb 28, 2018 at 8:26 PM.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2018, 2:58 PM

When looking for info on this project, I came across this pic from China. Not sure if it was ever built or not but Atlanta has a quarry that would be suitable.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2018, 5:38 PM
Development Spectator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashATL View Post
WAtlanta has a quarry that would be suitable
Not for long.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 12:37 PM

Projects moving Forward

Centennial Lofts - I haven't seen a rendering of this but land development permit was just issued.

SCAD Atlanta Student Housing Tower - Land development permit issued.

Hyatt Place Centennial Park - Land development permit issued.

Railside - The developer's website says its under construction.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2018, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
Railside - The developer's website says its under construction.

Not sure how I missed this awesome project! I think this is the same one — at the northeast tip of Castleberry
https://www.tsw-design.com/portfolio-items/railside/

To have something on that side of Peters Street would be tremendous!

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 8:11 PM

MetLife plans 25 story-office tower, 350-unit apartment building at 17th Street

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...-350-unit.html

Quote:
Now moving forward with the project, MetLife recently submitted proposals for the first phase to the Midtown Alliance, which helps guide development for the Atlanta neighborhood known for its urban, walkable environment and cultural landmarks such as the Fox Theatre and Woodruff Arts Center.

Phase one includes the 500,000-square foot office tower, the apartment building, 87,000 square feet of retail and a proposed hotel.

It would focus on the east side of the project along 17th, Spring and West Peachtree. It could be presented to the Midtown Development Review Committee this month or next.

Miami-based Arquitectonica has created the master plan for the proposed 1295 Spring Street. Atlanta architecture firm Cooper Carry is designing the buildings.

A key component of the master plan includes future connectivity to Arts Center Way, which links to the Woodruff Arts Center and High Museum of Art.

Rendering from an earlier proposal that was to occupy a part of the MetLife property.

Metropolitan Center

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 8:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trainiac View Post
Not sure how I missed this awesome project! I think this is the same one — at the northeast tip of Castleberry
https://www.tsw-design.com/portfolio-items/railside/

To have something on that side of Peters Street would be tremendous!

I think the plans have a changed a bit since that rendering in the link.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 10:27 PM

Quote:
I think the plans have a changed a bit since that rendering in the link.

not sure if i'm seeing it correctly and will not know until we see a site plan, but the parking/bike inlet along the right side of the building reminds me of the narrower local travel lanes in Barcelona, which would be a HUGE win for Midtown.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
not sure if i'm seeing it correctly and will not know until we see a site plan, but the parking/bike inlet along the right side of the building reminds me of the narrower local travel lanes in Barcelona, which would be a HUGE win for Midtown.
That comment was concerning the Railside project.

I can't wait to learn more about this project. Proposed new office space is getting crowded in Midtown.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
That comment was concerning the Railside project.

I can't wait to learn more about this project. Proposed new office space is getting crowded in Midtown.
whoops, good catch! i'm glad we are getting so many businesses in midtown. there is exactly where jobs and residences should be flocking to. Bring on the density. If a handful of these projects go forward, Atlanta will be that much further along its way of being a truly walkable southeastern city, even with our shitton of parking decks.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2018, 1:07 PM

I assume this was the proposed design of the 1000 Park Avenue tower at some point.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2018, 1:10 PM

wow. that kinda reminds me of price tower in bartlesville. i like it. (i know it's defunct but still)

Old Posted Mar 12, 2018, 5:04 PM

‘Peach’ building to become residential

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...for-major.html

Quote:
A proposal is set to go before Midtown’s Development Review Committee March 13 to rehab the 12-story building at 1655 Peachtree Street.

Now, new plans would convert the 1960s-era eyesore into 107 residential units, according to the Midtown Alliance.

Repairs would be made to the roof. A new amenity level with a terrace would come to the fourth level on top of the parking deck. Work would also improve the “front yard” with a new water feature, paths and decking, according to a project summary.

Smith Dalia Architects is leading the design.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2018, 9:14 PM
i ain't no bubba

Quote:
It should be renamed the Billboard Building. I'm not sure which side I'd least like to face...12 lanes of non-stop traffic noise and fumes, listen to the MARTA train horns as they enter/leave the tunnel or the low-rent motel with sheets for curtains. Good luck turning left to go south on Peachtree or getting any sleep if you live under the revolving 'peach' or behind the revolving 'cows'.

When the last renovation to turn these into condos started, the developer was quoting somewhere around $400,000 for a penthouse. Maybe that's why the building is in it's current state. I hope they're more realistic this time around.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2018, 11:31 AM

Spaces to launch $120 million Star Metals office project

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...ar-metals.html

Quote:
Spaces, the co-working brand of Luxembourg-based IWG plc, is said to be in discussions to lease about 50,000 square feet in the 12-story mixed-use redevelopment, sources said.

Spaces is one of several prospects, including a company seeking a corporate headquarters site and a Fortune 500 software firm, said to be interested in Star Metals. Allen Morris is in active discussions with office prospects that could take more than 180,000 square feet at Star Metals.

Construction is expected to begin in the third quarter, with completion scheduled for Q2, 2020.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 3:59 PM

760 Ralph McGill Blvd project is expanding

The new specs
  • 1,100 residential units
  • 1.1-million-square-feet of office space
  • 200,000-square-feet of retail
  • boutique hotel

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...urth-ward.html
Quote:
It's new DRI filing reflects key changes such as the additional office space. The modifications stem New City recently acquiring an additional 1.1 acres next to its development. It paid about $4.9 million for the property at 750 Ralph McGill Blvd.

It bought the site from Live Oak Realty Investments, which had zoned the site for a 16-story tower and 20,000 square feet of commercial space. Irwin said New City and its partners realized they needed control of the property preserve the ambitions they had for the development.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2018, 4:33 PM

Quote:
The new specs
  • 1,100 residential units
  • 1.1-million-square-feet of office space
  • 200,000-square-feet of retail
  • boutique hotel

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...urth-ward.html
bring it on.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 4:54 PM

Sharks to highlight Georgia Aquarium’s expansion

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...0-million.html

Quote:
The expansion, one of the most expensive in the aquarium’s history, is set to debut in late 2020.

Old Posted Mar 20, 2018, 4:56 PM

Juniper & 5th will be condos

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...s-500-000.html

Quote:
Dezhu U.S., a subsidiary of a Chinese developer, wants to build the five-story project at Juniper and 5th streets. The 150-unit development would have condos ranging from $500,000 to $600,000. It does not have construction financing yet. However, it could seek a construction loan or proceed with the project by using its own equity.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta