HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 4:19 PM

So I don't have a floor count yet, but Tower 8 will have 100,000 more square feet than 111 Main on a slighter smaller footprint. It will probably be our new tallest building downtown.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by asies1981 View Post
So I don't have a floor count yet, but Tower 8 will have 100,000 more square feet than 111 Main on a slighter smaller footprint. It will probably be our new tallest building downtown.
Squeeeeeeee

Now make it not a squared-top rectangle.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrade View Post
It's wild. That Carl's Jr. on 2100 South and 1250 East was one of the first in the Salt Lake area. I'm kinda sad it's closed down.
Was there today, it's got a sign up saying Cafe Rio coming soon. Fourth burrito chain in four blocks. -ish.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrent77 View Post
There is something seriously funky about LPG's website then, because you look at their page for 6th and main, it sure looks like they are the ones developing the highlighted property (i.e. the two buildings and the parking garage on the west side). Whereas the East side doesn't show anything.
Yeah I thought the same thing. It indicates to me they are on a very shoestring budget. They are basically stealing the renderings of someone else and can't even afford to add their own in. That one isn't likely to be built. Maybe they can lay the ground work for a national developer to actually get it done.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Be still my heart.

Keep the updates coming Isaac!

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 4:27 PM

Quote:
100,000 more square feet puts it at around 525,000 sq ft. On a smaller footprint, it would be about 5 floors taller. That puts height around 445'. It would be the tallest but due to heights, would look slightly shorter than the COB but only slightly.

The possibility of a new tallest and multiple apartment towers in the works is good news and with other items in progress, this year could be a banner year for announcements and project starts. It will also be nice to see the return of multiple tower cranes within downtown again.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makid View Post
100,000 more square feet puts it at around 525,000 sq ft. On a smaller footprint, it would be about 5 floors taller. That puts height around 445'. It would be the tallest but due to heights, would look slightly shorter than the COB but only slightly.

The possibility of a new tallest and multiple apartment towers in the works is good news and with other items in progress, this year could be a banner year for announcements and project starts. It will also be nice to see the return of multiple tower cranes within downtown again.
I'm showing 111 Main at over 500,000 square feet.

http://www.skyscrapercenter.com/building/111-main/15807

How tall would a 600,000 square foot tower on that site be?

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 5:02 PM

Haven’t been this excited in a while

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
Haven’t been this excited in a while
I know. This could be an exciting year for this thread.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajiuO View Post
To bad it wasn’t the one on 200S and State.
Give it time. That site seems destined for a development announcement fairly soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrendog View Post
I think Carl's is just struggling all over. A bunch of them have closed down here in the San Antonio area
That's kind of too bad, since I consider Carl's Jr. to be one of the only fast food places worth a damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedikermit View Post
Was there today, it's got a sign up saying Cafe Rio coming soon. Fourth burrito chain in four blocks. -ish.
Well there's about the same number of burger places too - probably more actually. Anyway, Cafe Rio is delicious, so no complaints from me if that's what goes there.

Quote:
This info coming from you is amazing news!

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 5:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nushiof View Post
I'm showing 111 Main at over 500,000 square feet.

http://www.skyscrapercenter.com/building/111-main/15807

How tall would a 600,000 square foot tower on that site be?
The SQ Ft is Gross, the 525,000 sq ft is my estimate of Net as 111 has a NET sq of approximately 425,000 sq ft.

On the same site as 111, an additional 100,000 sq ft is between 4 and 5 floors or 50 to 60 ft taller roughly.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 6:56 PM

Enjoy!

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 8:00 PM
They all float down here

Carl's Jr. is expensive for what it is - fast food. That's probably why it's not doing as well as other places like McDonald's and even Wendy's...that are a cheaper alternative.

Cafe Rio is good but eh.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 9:38 PM

I'm trying to imagine how a new tallest would look in that location from the common downtown picture angle taken around the 600N overpass. I think it would fall right behind the Key Bank Tower, so I assumed this tower wouldn't be very visible, but if it's a new tallest it could poke up over the other buildings. Could look pretty good. I'm not a fan of spires just for the sake of height, but some sort of pitched roof or decorative top could be nice to make it stand out a little more as well.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 9:40 PM

Not to be a downer but Tower 8s lot is larger then the actual footprint of the 111 tower. Depending on how the building is configured, it could be much broader then 111 and allow for more sqft per floor.

However, in Isaac I trust

Thanks for the info and the shot of energy into the forum

Last edited by Utah_Dave; Apr 21, 2018 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Correction. Building 111 not 222

Old Posted Apr 20, 2018, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Sorry if someone has already asked this question, but have they given you any indication as to when renderings might be released?

Old Posted Apr 21, 2018, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
Enjoy!

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks for the visuals Orlando. Of the 5-6 buildings you added as potential projects, only two of them directly compete with one another. The rest compliment each other since their uses are commercial, hotel, residential, or mixed use.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2018, 2:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utah_Dave View Post
Not to be a downer but Tower 8s lot is larger then the actual footprint of the 111 tower. Depending on how the building is configured, it could be much broader then 111 and allow for more sqft per floor.

However, in Isaac I trust

Thanks for the info and the shot of energy into the forum
the difference is how 111 interacts with the theater. Because most of the levels rise over the theater the floorplans are larger than the footpring. The T8 height will depend on how it relates with the Harmons. But if T8 isn't our next tallest it will be close.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2018, 3:05 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the visuals Orlando. Of the 5-6 buildings you added as potential projects, only two of them directly compete with one another. The rest compliment each other since their uses are commercial, hotel, residential, or mixed use.
Very nice. Those projects would go a long way toward giving Salt Lake a more urban feel. The wall on State Street would be a welcome addition in my view.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2018, 4:32 AM
Ironweed

Quote:
Like FunctionForm said: If all these proposed projects were built, SLC would be on its way to having a far more legitimate urban center.

As a height fan, it doesn't seem like having a 500+ footer will be in the cards for the city. All of the corner lots will be taken by 300 footers. Much better than what is there presently of course. Maybe a 500 footer might show up on 400 south and state, or Zions on 100 south main some day? Where else could 500+ fit, stay within the master plan, and look good?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West