HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 12, 2017, 2:40 PM
-

City and Port of New Orleans close deal for riverfront expansion
Nearly three additional miles of the riverfront will be available for public use

https://nola.curbed.com/2017/9/7/162...ront-expansion

Old Posted Sep 12, 2017, 6:01 PM

I know I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but has anyone heard anything about 1031 Canal, Virgin Hotel, or Canopy Hotel?

Old Posted Sep 12, 2017, 6:56 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan View Post
I know I'm probably beating a dead horse here, but has anyone heard anything about 1031 Canal, Virgin Hotel, or Canopy Hotel?
Virgin is starting any day now.. 1031 no one will ever know.

Canopy Hotel had some progress on legal issues . ill see if i can find more about that one.

1031 Canal will probably move forward when someone can gain control of the property that can actually develop it

One thing ive noticed recently is projects that were more recently announced seem to go from proposal to construction alot quicker than some of these older projects that still cant get off the ground. Means these new projects are being better funded probably with outside NOLA money and hence are shorter development periods. So always good to be aware of people that propose projects but dont have the capital to build them or the track record to secure funding, Most new projects seem to be getting off the ground and ones from three years ago are stagnant. I would expect some projects to be taken over by others soon: projects like 1031 canal, the moxy st charles, jackson oaks, the parkway, via latrobe, and perhaps the canopy hotel. we have seen this already with jaeger buying out some of the investors in 1630 canal project.

Last edited by tennis1400; Sep 12, 2017 at 7:07 PM.

Old Posted Sep 12, 2017, 10:49 PM
-

700 Baronne St, Partial 1st Floor·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: 754G26
Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Renovation (Non-Structural)
Applicant:
John C. Williams
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/11/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Interior build-out of existing white box

djsnola
1119 St Mary St·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: DUDNDT
Download (2) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Applicant:
1117 Saint Mary LLC
Zoning Review
Date Filed:
9/11/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Renovation of existing commercial space - Dressmaking Boutique - to make ADA compliant, framing to increase size of bathroom and closet, new HVAC unit, electrical repairs as needed, replace exterior door and trim, paint interior and exteriorr encapsulation only, insulation and sheetrock, tile flooring, repair concrete slab floor, plumbing.stucco repairs,

djsnola
2120 Port St·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: CCF42E
Type:
Applicant:
Roofless LLC
Zoning Review
Date Filed:
9/8/2017
Closed:
No
Description
To establish the use of the building as an art gallery/ in door amusement

1000 Girod St, Suite B-3·Attached Sign ·Ref Code: 18NPS2
Type:
Attached Sign
Applicant:
Aimee Dunn
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/8/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Boutique Clothing Store Signage. Store Name: Lukka Building: the Beacon. 1-Blade Cabinet Sign 18’ x 36": White Background with Black Letters double sided; Mounting flush with mechanical fasteners. 2- Front of Canopy Metal Lettering- Height of lettering 14.5"

djsnola

3400 Holiday Dr·New Construction ·Ref Code: USPEFE
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Tiffany Chalupa
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/11/2017
Closed:
No
Description
New construction - Starbucks White Box/Shell building

THE CHAINS — Drew Brees’ fast-expanding sports bar chain, Walk-On’s, will open its first North Shore location on September 25. [CITY BUSINESS]

TRENDS — Following the tiny house trend, it may be time to give tiny restaurants a shot too. NOLA.COM reports on The Box Spot, two restaurants housed in converted shipping containers, on Claiborne Avenue. The restaurants, one specializing in salads and the other banging out chicken wings, opened in June. [NOLA.COM]

COMING ATTRACTIONS — The Irish Channel may get a new ice cream shop. Love Kreme’s founder, Reginald Commodore, is asking for rezoning of a building on Louisiana Avenue that would house the shop. [UPTOWN MESSENGER]

Coquette Chefs Are Planning a 12-Table Restaurant in the Old Shamrock Tavern

https://nola.eater.com/2017/9/11/162...w-orleans-nola

St. Roch’s Good Bird Will Land on Freret Street

https://nola.eater.com/2017/9/11/162...orleans-nola#0

Old Posted Sep 12, 2017, 10:51 PM
-

1324 Magazine St·New Construction ·Ref Code: 1M74RN
Type:
New Construction
Applicant:
Megan Bell
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/12/2017
Closed:
No
Description
INITIAL DRAWINGS ARE FOR ARC SUBMISSION ONLY. NEW DRAWINGS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR FULL PERMIT REVIEW AT A LATER DATE. New construction of a two adjacent 2-story buildings with wide landscaped access to a rear courtyard. Total square footage is approximately 19,000 sf and will support between 4 and 6 ground floor retail tenants with offices above.

1818 Magazine St·Renovation (Structural) ·Ref Code: Z1DSVW
Type:
Renovation (Structural)
Applicant:
Megan Bell
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/12/2017
Closed:
No
Description
INITIAL DRAWINGS FOR ARC SUBMISSION ONLY. FINAL DRAWINGS WILL BE SUBMITTED FOR FULL PERMIT REVIEW AT A LATER DATE. Renovation of an existing 4,700 sf two story building located at the corner of Magazine and St. Mary Street. The building will be renovated to support two retail spaces downstairs with a single corporate apartment upstairs. A balcony extension and rear addition are proposed to match historic locations as indicated on prior sanborn maps.

1020 Thalia St·Renovation (Structural) ·Ref Code: NQT6C5
Type:
Renovation (Structural)
Applicant:
Megan Bell
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/12/2017
Closed:
No
Description
INITIAL DRAWINGS ARE FOR ARC SUBMISSION ONLY. FINAL DRAWINGS WILL BE SUBMITTED FOR PERMIT REVIEW AT A LATER DATE. Renovation of an existing warehouse building to support corporate headquarters of a local New Orleans business entity. The existing property consists of an historic brick warehouse (8,645 sf) with a CMU addition (3,197 sf). The historic warehouse will be fully renovated to support the programmatic needs of the business with some modifications to the exterior openings. The metal roof of the CMU addition will be removed to create outdoor space at the rear.

Last edited by tennis1400; Sep 15, 2017 at 5:20 PM.

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 3:48 AM
-

I think this is a neat little project for the international high school in warehouse district. more green space is definitely needed.

The Legacy Project

The 2016 Legacy Project builds a partnership among landscape architects, developers, stakeholders, and neighbors of Downtown New Orleans. This year’s project is going to transform the International High School parking lot into a neighborhood park that serves as a shared open space for the school and the community. The Louisiana Chapter of ASLA will be coordinating and overseeing the project through construction, which we hope will be complete in the summer of 2017.

http://www.lcasla.org/legacy/

Old Posted Sep 13, 2017, 11:52 PM

I was told today by a New Orleans CBD business owner (that's very well known in New Orleans) that there's a HUGE project coming to one of the 200 blocks just off Canal Street in the CBD (Uptown side). He wouldn't give me anymore information. Believe me I tried. Does anyone know about this? Whitney?

Last edited by RickyJ; Sep 14, 2017 at 3:01 AM.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 2:06 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
I was told today by a New Orleans CBD business owner (that's very well know in New Orleans) that there's a HUGE project coming to one of the 200 blocks just off Canal Street in the CBD (Uptown side). He wouldn't give me anymore information. Believe me I tried. Does anyone know about this? Whitney?
hmm on a 200 block of a street downtown ... i dont see many spaces for something like that save for my block on villere and the area i live in which is in the 200 block
wish you could find out more.. didnt someone say last year someone said something about a new citys tallest and then never heard anything more about it..

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 2:13 AM
-

More Detailed Plans for The Fillmore Theatre:

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 2:19 AM
-

5823-5825 Magazine St·NPP Notifications · Project #17-2086 ·Ref Code: 0DN73Y
Type:
NPP Notifications
Applicant:
Leonard J Fernandez
Draft Application
Date Filed:
9/7/2017
Closed:
No
Description
NPP for conditional use for standard restaurant

5015 Magazine St·Attached Sign · Permit #17-31103-SATT ·Ref Code: 385Q6R
Type:
Attached Sign
Applicant:
Ahmed Salem DBA Fix A Sign
Permit Issued
Date Filed:
9/12/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Install 1 set of dimensional letter flat sign to read “Titos Ceviche & Pisco Peruvian Cuisine” as per CPC approval

djsnola
3138 Magazine St, 1020 Ninth St·Conditional Use · Project #17-2097 ·Ref Code: BX0M82
Download (1) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Conditional Use
Applicant:
Limitedl.L.C. Laumet
Draft Application
Date Filed:
9/12/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Request for a conditional use to permit alcoholic beverage sales in an existing standard restaurant in an HU-B1 District and a Magazine Street Use Restriction Overlay District.

4111 Magazine St·Dumpster/Construction Zone ·Ref Code: YWSZA2
Type:
Dumpster/Construction Zone
Applicant:
Sarah Busch
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/7/2017
Closed:
No
Description
The construction of a new three-story addition to an existing office building (ref: Permit #15-27287-NEWC). We will be closing off the sidewalk and parking spaces in front of this property for the use of laydown, staging, dumpster placement, etc.

3340 Magazine St·Encroachment on ROW · Project #17-2047 ·Ref Code: L87NTS
Download (1) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Encroachment on ROW
Applicant:
Connecting Express LLC
Draft Application
Date Filed:
8/31/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Applicant would like to construct gallery on/over the Magazine Street and Louisiana Avenue public rights-of-way at 3340 Magazine Street.

1424 Oretha Castle Haley Blvd·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: 7B2CXJ
Download (3) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Applicant:
Sms Development LLC
Zoning Review
Date Filed:
9/12/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Install Commercial Kitchen, Convert to Bar and Lounge

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 2:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
hmm on a 200 block of a street downtown ... i dont see many spaces for something like that save for my block on villere and the area i live in which is in the 200 block
wish you could find out more.. didnt someone say last year someone said something about a new citys tallest and then never heard anything more about it..
Yeah, apart from the lots on the upper part of Canal, there aren't a whole lot of good sites apart from maybe the corner of Tchoup and Gravier, but that's pretty tight. I would expect something about the former Whitney building and 1010 Common being redeveloped soon. While those would be big projects, they'd be pretty typical for the CBD.

Speaking of a new tallest, I wonder if all of the recent transactions may lead to something being done with that lot next to the Westin and Canal Place. Doesn't get much more prime than that.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 2:27 AM
-

Had a photo shoot of residence: (heres a few pics)

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 2:29 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
Yeah, apart from the lots on the upper part of Canal, there aren't a whole lot of good sites apart from maybe the corner of Tchoup and Gravier, but that's pretty tight. I would expect something about the former Whitney building and 1010 Common being redeveloped soon. While those would be big projects, they'd be pretty typical for the CBD.

Speaking of a new tallest, I wonder if all of the recent transactions may lead to something being done with that lot next to the Westin and Canal Place. Doesn't get much more prime than that.
yeah 1010 and whitney buildings would be nice deals but nothing unusual

oh well let us know if you hear more

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 2:46 AM
-

700 Frenchmen St·HDLC COA · Permit #17-31251-HDLC ·Ref Code: DLJ5DC
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Ed Smith’s Stencil Works,Ltd
Permit Issued
Date Filed:
9/13/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Install one hanging sign as per sketch and HDLC approval.

http://www.royalfrenchmenhotel.com/

729 Canal St·HDLC COA · Permit #17-18746-HDLC ·Ref Code: 7X33PV
Download (6) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
HDLC COA
Applicant:
Henry Hanisee
Permit Finaled
Date Filed:
5/30/2017
Closed:
Yes
Description
The interior renovation of a 2900SF Tenant Space (Gift Shop/Liquor Store) at the First Floor of a 5-Story Building and exterior renovation of the Canal Street First Floor Façade. The existing Canal Street exterior canopy is to remain.

djsnola
555 Canal St·Renovation (Non-Structural) · Permit #17-11330-RNVN ·Ref Code: KW6MGJ
Download (12) Print Summary Submit Add to Watch List
Type:
Applicant:
Gary Houston
Permit Issued
Date Filed:
4/4/2017
Closed:
No
Description
Upgrading finishes to the existing 3rd floor Ballrooms and the adjacent pre-function as per plans. No mechanical work.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 3:11 AM
-

Today, we celebrated the Grand Opening of the Alder Hotel adjacent to Ochsner Baptist - A Campus of Ochsner Medical Center. The 90-room hotel, beautifully renovated by Woodward Design+Build, will provide respite and proximity for patients and family members visiting the hospital. One of the few hotels uptown, the Alder will also serve guests of our uptown universities and anyone looking to enjoy all our charming city has to offer. Book yourself a mid-century modern staycation today!

The new LaSalle entrance is designed to fit in with the exterior design of the original building. The original LaSalle entrance was too small and was expanded in a 1970s era renovation. The new design is similar to the original design, but with 3 bays instead of 2, and is designed to incorporate the existing 1970s canopy structure, which was set at a higher elevation that the original canopy.

5300 Tchoupitoulas St, Suite C·Renovation (Non-Structural) ·Ref Code: J7S1HW
Type:
Applicant:
Ashley Doucet Congemi
Application Submitted
Date Filed:
9/13/2017
Closed:
No
Description
THIS PROJECT WILL HAVE TWO PHASES, THIS PACKAGE BEING PHASE 2. IT IS AN INTERIOR RENOVATION AND BUILD-OUT OF APPROX 6,024 SF OF AN EXISTING BUSINESS OCCUPANCY FOR A NEW PRIMARY CARE CLINIC, IMAGING CENTER AND LAB.

The Woman’s New Life Center is 85% complete. On the exterior, sitework and paving are ongoing. Painting and finishes are actively progressing in the interior of the building, and permanent power is in place. The final dress out will follow in the upcoming weeks. Completion is expected for September with HMS Architects, apc and Mark Comeaux.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 2:08 PM
on the south side

Tennis, LOOVE NOLA and love your place. It appears your residence is the only single dwelling residence blocks away from others and being almost surrounded by parking lots. Wondering if you have any issues with crime and vandalism with your residence being somewhat an "island" in that location. Obviously, being "smart & aware" is part of living in NOLA. I have family that lives on the border of Marigny & the French Quarter. Thanks for all the postings to this thread for this Louisiana Native living in Austin.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
I was told today by a New Orleans CBD business owner (that's very well known in New Orleans) that there's a HUGE project coming to one of the 200 blocks just off Canal Street in the CBD (Uptown side). He wouldn't give me anymore information. Believe me I tried. Does anyone know about this? Whitney?
I've been hearing about some development coming to the corner of Tchoup & Canal for some time. That's on the uptown side of the upper end of Canal. That's the only thing I could see.

FYI Another tower crane is going up on Magazine this Friday.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 3:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post

Not exactly 200 block, but the back of the 100 block between Canal, St. Charles, Common, and Carondelet has a huge undeveloped center, made of different parcels that has been systematically bought up by one developer. He could put another tower similar in size to the JW Marriott or Roosevelt in that space.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 6:42 PM

http://www.nola.com/business/index.s...ml#incart_2box

Not really anything new that we haven't seen, but a good write up on the development.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2017, 7:12 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jowens View Post
Tennis, LOOVE NOLA and love your place. It appears your residence is the only single dwelling residence blocks away from others and being almost surrounded by parking lots. Wondering if you have any issues with crime and vandalism with your residence being somewhat an "island" in that location. Obviously, being "smart & aware" is part of living in NOLA. I have family that lives on the border of Marigny & the French Quarter. Thanks for all the postings to this thread for this Louisiana Native living in Austin.
Not to jinx myself but no i havent had any issues ... im actually in a pretty busy area and there is tulane security and hospitals and fire station around me ... plus i have great lighting and cameras..

Im sort of like the old lady of the neighborhood and keep an eye out lol

Last edited by tennis1400; Sep 14, 2017 at 8:43 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations