HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Mar 3, 2017, 11:25 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lirette View Post
Is the box office located inside the lobby there or is it in a separate building thats on the other parcels?
Inside.

The box office will be on the east side of the lobby, next to the east escalators. Similarly, the team store (Wildcats Boutique) will be on the west side of the lobby, next to the west escalator.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2017, 1:32 PM

Escalators

"Some new photos of the events centre (courtesy of the city of Moncton)"

I notice stairs leading up from the lobby area. Are these the base for escalators (someone mentioned escalators) or are they stairs? If not escalators where would they be?

I am assuming the escalators would be nearby especially for people with mobility issues.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2017, 1:33 PM

The escalators will be on either side of those stairs. One set of escalators on the left side of the left-hand side stairs; another escalator on the right side of the right-hand stairs.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2017, 1:41 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyer99 View Post
"Some new photos of the events centre (courtesy of the city of Moncton)"

I notice stairs leading up from the lobby area. Are these the base for escalators (someone mentioned escalators) or are they stairs? If not escalators where would they be?

I am assuming the escalators would be nearby especially for people with mobility issues.
I don't mean to be picky, but for people with mobility issues elevators will be necessary. I assume the new Events Centre will have elevators?

The image by Moncton_StJohns shows the stairs and escalators, but I am not sure where the elevators are?

Old Posted Mar 5, 2017, 2:04 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

In the post below, the city of Moncton project update states that there will be elevators in the building, but I'm not sure exactly where they are. I presume somewhere close to the atrium.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...postcount=1342

Old Posted Mar 5, 2017, 2:17 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

In the post below, the city of Moncton project update states that there will be elevators in the building, but I'm not sure exactly where they are. I presume somewhere close to the atrium.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...postcount=1342
Thanks for the information.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2017, 2:39 PM

Something else that has been on my mind since day one, I see only one entrance. So that means ALL ticket holders are coming in via the main entrance? No entry from any other sides?

Those red blocks from the above plans, I assume those are exits only.

I would have liked to have seen multiple entrances for ticket holders. Perhaps at least one more smaller entrance near the Via Rail corner (south west) of the building or south east corner.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2017, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budyser View Post
Something else that has been on my mind since day one, I see only one entrance. So that means ALL ticket holders are coming in via the main entrance? No entry from any other sides?

Those red blocks from the above plans, I assume those are exits only.

I would have liked to have seen multiple entrances for ticket holders. Perhaps at least one more smaller entrance near the Via Rail corner (south west) of the building or south east corner.
Why? It's a very large entrance and I couldn't really see any issues with moving people inside for a game.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2017, 5:14 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I wonder if this little rectangular "box" in the site plan shown below (indicated by my red arrow) is the elevator.

With the wide staircases and the two escalators to reach the concourse level, they may feel they only need one elevator and this could be it. The location would be about right, as it would drop patrons off on the second level concourse close to the east escalator.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2017, 8:16 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
I wonder if this little rectangular "box" in the site plan shown below (indicated by my red arrow) is the elevator.

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/...08.43%20PM.png

With the wide staircases and the two escalators to reach the concourse level, they may feel they only need one elevator and this could be it. The location would be about right, as it would drop patrons off on the second level concourse close to the east escalator.
It might be. It would have to be on the club seat side so that it can be used for both levels. (or are there two concourse levels on both sides?) - actually three levels including the entrance.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2017, 8:49 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenwick16 View Post
It might be. It would have to be on the club seat side so that it can be used for both levels. (or are there two concourse levels on both sides?) - actually three levels including the entrance.
Good point. On that side there are four levels (atrium, concourse, corporate box & press box). The elevator would have to be on that side to service all levels. The little rectangular box that I indicated on the diagram would be able to do that handily.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2017, 3:20 AM

Quote:
Good point. On that side there are four levels (atrium, concourse, corporate box & press box). The elevator would have to be on that side to service all levels. The little rectangular box that I indicated on the diagram would be able to do that handily.
There's 3 elevators, (one is for service), the second elevator is the green rectangle listed as 'back of house' - it services the club, press and suite levels..

Old Posted Mar 6, 2017, 4:13 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBall View Post
There's 3 elevators, (one is for service), the second elevator is the green rectangle listed as 'back of house' - it services the club, press and suite levels..
The service elevator is probably close to the truck loading docks. Wherever that is?

Old Posted Mar 6, 2017, 4:37 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBall View Post
Thanks for the info.

So, to put the elevator discussion to bed:

Old Posted Mar 6, 2017, 5:33 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the info.

So, to put the elevator discussion to bed:

The service elevator will actually be near to the second elevator... not at the loading area..

Old Posted Mar 7, 2017, 1:40 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Here is an image showing a pedestrian crosswalk across the Highfield Street extension heading towards the south towards the tunnel.

I also recall an image explicitly mentioning a tunnel, but I can't find it right now.
I know this is an old post, but I have been going through this thread looking for arena drawings but have been having a tough time finding links to sources , although there is a ton of information. (where are you guys getting all the concourse images from?)

Old Posted Mar 7, 2017, 2:47 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
I know this is an old post, but I have been going through this thread looking for arena drawings but have been having a tough time finding links to sources , although there is a ton of information. (where are you guys getting all the concourse images from?)
I went to an information session and snapped some pictures of the display boards.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2017, 2:59 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
I went to an information session and snapped some pictures of the display boards.
Thanks. Now that I know where it came from I won't look for higher resolution images Great work by the way

PS: I wonder if it is possible to add more seats in the future? The Metro Centre (aka Scotiabank Center) started out with 9,600 seats but now has 10,595 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotiabank_Centre

Old Posted Mar 7, 2017, 12:16 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
PS: I wonder if it is possible to add more seats in the future? The Metro Centre (aka Scotiabank Center) started out with 9,600 seats but now has 10,595 - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotiabank_Centre
I'm not sure if the bowl is expandable or not. About the only place they might be able to put on an addition is along the west side, but I doubt it's practical to do so.

They reduced the seat count from 9,000 to 8,500 last year when they decided to make the seats wider and more comfortable. I suppose at some point in the future they could opt for the narrower seats again to bring the capacity back up to 9,000.

8,500 seats would be sufficient 98% of the time. It would only be at sold out concerts that it would make a difference (concert capacity with floor seating is about 10,000). Concern has been expressed on the forum here about the loss of seating capacity making the events centre less attractive for major sporting competitions like the Brier, the World Figure Skating Championships or the World Juniors, but the city has apparently been assured by organizers of such events that this will likely not make a difference.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Mar 7, 2017 at 3:09 PM.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2017, 3:13 PM
Kneel before Irving

Quote:
Thanks. Now that I know where it came from I won't look for higher resolution images Great work by the way

It could be possible to add more luxury boxes in the future, hanging from the ceiling perhaps. But it's unlikely they can add more seats in the bowl.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces