HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 4:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futures View Post
austlar1 and ahealy,

Thanks for your input, and I appreciate your insight. Sometimes I get a little defensive being a newer homeowner in Bouldin. I moved to the area for a lot of the things you mentioned, so I understand the sense of loss in how it is gentrifying. I'm hopeful that the charm will remain.

However, I enjoy a lot of the new modern architecture juxtaposed with 30's-40's bungalows. As someone who enjoys architecture, it's fun seeing all the different styles.

But back on topic, I actually really like 801. No surprise since I like a lot of the new modern residential builds!
I totally understand being defensive with your hood and would never want to offend. A good mix can be the spice of life for neighborhoods. I suppose it's my daily commute to south Austin (I live North Central) and having close pals who live off Monroe that makes me feel kinda sour about it all.

Dcbrickley, you have a good point....Some of the original homes ARE pretty poorly built...

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 7:43 AM
Representing the ATX!!!

We are dealing with the same issue in my hood (Southwood) and it's true, some houses are in such bad shape that a total rebuild is the cheaper option, however some developers are doing what they can to restore the origional homes so it really comes down to the specific house.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2018, 3:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
We are dealing with the same issue in my hood (Southwood) and it's true, some houses are in such bad shape that a total rebuild is the cheaper option, however some developers are doing what they can to restore the origional homes so it really comes down to the specific house.
precisely.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin