HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #901  
Old Posted Jun 2, 2017, 6:35 AM
timbad timbad is offline
heavy user of walkability
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mission Bay, San Francisco
Posts: 1,998
the sister to the SAP SuccessFactors building on the slope of San Bruno Mtn:







the parking lot/transit center just south of San Carlos Caltrain:





Reply With Quote
     
     
  #902  
Old Posted Jun 2, 2017, 6:52 AM
timbad timbad is offline
heavy user of walkability
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mission Bay, San Francisco
Posts: 1,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by cicerone View Post
There is a ton of residential coming online in South City soon. The first two are well under way. Live pics soon.



...
here is the southern one



I can see fencing for one on the north side of Grand Ave too, but hard to get a shot of it from the train, since nothing above fence level yet.

a nice little run-down for SSF is here

Last edited by timbad; Jun 2, 2017 at 7:17 AM. Reason: corrected name of Grand Ave; added link
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #903  
Old Posted Jun 11, 2017, 10:52 PM
RST500 RST500 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 372
High-rise college campus at the Concord Naval Weapons Station?


http://www.eastbaytimes.com/2017/05/...apons-station/
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #904  
Old Posted Jun 17, 2017, 7:09 PM
timbad timbad is offline
heavy user of walkability
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mission Bay, San Francisco
Posts: 1,998
the new building across from Box in Redwood City is getting its cladding.



as seen from the Caltrain station platform:



at Bay Meadows, they have indeed broken ground on the next office building ('Station 2'). seen through dirty windows from the train:





not sure if it can be readily seen in the pic, but what looked like rebar was visible on the parcel closer to the Hayward Park Caltrain station, so first signs of the next building in the Station Park Green development there

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #905  
Old Posted Jun 23, 2017, 6:14 AM
timbad timbad is offline
heavy user of walkability
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mission Bay, San Francisco
Posts: 1,998
from yesterday evening, a bit more around Redwood City

from the Caltrain platform



the building seen on the far left in the previous pic is getting its cladding



a bit of fanciness in the details



with another recent project, Indigo, in the foreground, that same building in the distance, with Box beyond



the bridge in the pic holds the Caltrain tracks



the same development from the other side, with a glimpse of a recently-completed sister project



kitty-corner from that project is another





also close by. not sure what is going on in the parking lot in the foreground

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #906  
Old Posted Jun 24, 2017, 5:35 AM
timbad timbad is offline
heavy user of walkability
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mission Bay, San Francisco
Posts: 1,998
the Genesis second building on the slope of San Bruno Mountain

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #907  
Old Posted Jun 24, 2017, 4:32 PM
gillynova gillynova is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 298
Thanks for updating @timbad
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #908  
Old Posted Jun 25, 2017, 7:44 AM
timbad timbad is offline
heavy user of walkability
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mission Bay, San Francisco
Posts: 1,998
another view of the Genesis building, looking north from the top of the stair leading down to the South SF Caltrain station (that is, the E Grand Ave overpass)

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #909  
Old Posted Jun 25, 2017, 8:31 AM
timbad timbad is offline
heavy user of walkability
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mission Bay, San Francisco
Posts: 1,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by cicerone View Post
There is a ton of residential coming online in South City soon. The first two are well under way.


http://pinefino.com/


https://www.cityventures.com/south-san-francisco/
Live aerial footage! https://aerial.live/mglbj/


http://tca-arch.com/work/miller-avenue/
in the same order as above:

Pinefino, as seen from Grand Ave



from the corner of Grand and Airport Blvd



it kinda stands out even from Sign Hill Park



City Ventures, across the street from the SSF BART station:



Miller Ave is a long parcel. looking south, Pinefino in the distance



south again, from the Airport Blvd corner



looking west across both East Grand Ave and 101

Reply With Quote
     
     
  #910  
Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 5:09 PM
gillynova gillynova is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 298
I was randomly looking at the ridership numbers for BART to see if there was any effect in Fremont and Warm Springs numbers and there was.

The average ridership level (daily) for Fremont was as follows:
FY2014: 8,328
FY2015: 8,905
FY2016: 9,284

Now in May 2017, it dropped to ~7,300 riders. Compared to last year, Fremont averaged 9,500 riders in the month of May.

Warm Springs has an average daily ridership of 2,700 as of May 2017.

I would say that this is a major success to reduce traffic congestion in the area (South Bay), as well as making parking easier for the Fremont BART station. (Reduce ~2,200 people/cars from parking!)

The total ridership level, though, is consistent with last year. There may be an uptick in June because of the Warriors championship parade but we will see.

Seeing this makes me more excited for the Milpitas and Berryessa stations to open up. 880/680 between Fremont and San Jose should (hopefully) have a significant reduction in traffic.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #911  
Old Posted Jun 28, 2017, 7:07 PM
pseudolus pseudolus is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mission Terrace, SF
Posts: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillynova View Post
I was randomly looking at the ridership numbers for BART to see if there was any effect in Fremont and Warm Springs numbers and there was.

The average ridership level (daily) for Fremont was as follows:
FY2014: 8,328
FY2015: 8,905
FY2016: 9,284

Now in May 2017, it dropped to ~7,300 riders. Compared to last year, Fremont averaged 9,500 riders in the month of May.

Warm Springs has an average daily ridership of 2,700 as of May 2017.

I would say that this is a major success to reduce traffic congestion in the area (South Bay), as well as making parking easier for the Fremont BART station. (Reduce ~2,200 people/cars from parking!)

The total ridership level, though, is consistent with last year. There may be an uptick in June because of the Warriors championship parade but we will see.

Seeing this makes me more excited for the Milpitas and Berryessa stations to open up. 880/680 between Fremont and San Jose should (hopefully) have a significant reduction in traffic.
I would come to the exact opposite conclusion: that these extensions to the hinterlands are cannibalizing existing riders and not adding new riders and are therefore a great squandering of scarce transit dollars.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #912  
Old Posted Jun 29, 2017, 1:36 AM
tech12's Avatar
tech12 tech12 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Oakland
Posts: 3,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudolus View Post
I would come to the exact opposite conclusion: that these extensions to the hinterlands are cannibalizing existing riders and not adding new riders and are therefore a great squandering of scarce transit dollars.
Since when are Fremont and San Jose "the hinterlands"?

Anyway, before Warm Springs station was built, the Fremont station had roughly the same amount of riders as Fruitvale and Macarthur stations in Oakland, Daly City Station, and more riders than Ashby or North Berkeley (which it still does), or Glen Park station in SF. And at the reduced numbers it still sees about as many riders as Lake Merritt and Coliseum in Oakland, West Oakland, and the SFO station too. Seems like plenty of people are using it, by BART standards.

As for Warm Springs station, it has a pretty normal level of usage for a suburban BART station, similar to Concord, Castro Valley, and Orinda. Give it time, as there there are plans for development around Warm Springs station, so ridership should rise a little (having access to SJ should eventually attract more riders too). I doubt it'll ever be that busy of a station, but it is still comparable in ridership to multiple existing stops. And it is worth noting that Fremont in total has 800 more riders per day now than it did last year, which is a larger increase than from 2014-2015 and 2015-2016.

As for the future stations in San Jose, I'm sure Berryessa will see at least as many riders as the Fremont stations. And I'm guessing the downtown San Jose station would see even more daily riders....I'm thinking maybe 10,000-15,000, which would put it close to Downtown Oakland, Downtown Berkeley, and the SF mission district stations. But even if it only saw, say, 7-9,000 riders, it would still be comparable to stations within SF, Berkeley, and Oakland.

check the stats: https://www.bart.gov/about/reports/profile

Last edited by tech12; Jun 29, 2017 at 1:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #913  
Old Posted Jun 30, 2017, 10:09 PM
gillynova gillynova is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech12 View Post
Since when are Fremont and San Jose "the hinterlands"?

Anyway, before Warm Springs station was built, the Fremont station had roughly the same amount of riders as Fruitvale and Macarthur stations in Oakland, Daly City Station, and more riders than Ashby or North Berkeley (which it still does), or Glen Park station in SF. And at the reduced numbers it still sees about as many riders as Lake Merritt and Coliseum in Oakland, West Oakland, and the SFO station too. Seems like plenty of people are using it, by BART standards.

As for Warm Springs station, it has a pretty normal level of usage for a suburban BART station, similar to Concord, Castro Valley, and Orinda. Give it time, as there there are plans for development around Warm Springs station, so ridership should rise a little (having access to SJ should eventually attract more riders too). I doubt it'll ever be that busy of a station, but it is still comparable in ridership to multiple existing stops. And it is worth noting that Fremont in total has 800 more riders per day now than it did last year, which is a larger increase than from 2014-2015 and 2015-2016.

As for the future stations in San Jose, I'm sure Berryessa will see at least as many riders as the Fremont stations. And I'm guessing the downtown San Jose station would see even more daily riders....I'm thinking maybe 10,000-15,000, which would put it close to Downtown Oakland, Downtown Berkeley, and the SF mission district stations. But even if it only saw, say, 7-9,000 riders, it would still be comparable to stations within SF, Berkeley, and Oakland.

check the stats: https://www.bart.gov/about/reports/profile
Well Downtown San Jose will eventually have the new "Google" campus which is estimated to bring in 20,000 new daily workers. There is no projected time table for this to be completed but the ridership level of BART should huge. Also, keep in mind that it is estimated to be completed by 2025-2026.

I do believe that the Milpitas BART location will also have a huge number of riders. They are currently building ~4,000 housing units + 175 room hotel next to BART (and yes, they all broke ground already). In the photo below, it does not include a new 12-story building in between the "732 units" and "383 units" lot.

Source:


Oh and Warm Springs is of course a success because now there is a lot more availability of parking for the Fremont BART users. You wouldn't know if you're not from the South Bay. With an estimated ridership of 7,300 at Fremont for May and 2,700 for Warm Springs, that brings in 10k riders for the month of May between these 2 locations. Last year for the same month, Fremont brought in ~9,500 so that means there is about ~500 new riders with the opening of Warm Springs. Plus it removes cars from the road who would normally drive to Fremont for BART.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #914  
Old Posted Jul 1, 2017, 6:43 AM
timbad timbad is offline
heavy user of walkability
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mission Bay, San Francisco
Posts: 1,998
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillynova View Post
...

I do believe that the Milpitas BART location will also have a huge number of riders. They are currently building ~4,000 housing units + 175 room hotel next to BART (and yes, they all broke ground already). In the photo below, it does not include a new 12-story building in between the "732 units" and "383 units" lot.

Source:
...
do you know if they plan to install, or are installing, sidewalks along Montague Expwy (the part where most of the new housing is being built) and the SW side of Great Mall Parkway?

Last edited by timbad; Jul 1, 2017 at 6:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #915  
Old Posted Jul 2, 2017, 6:31 AM
gillynova gillynova is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
do you know if they plan to install, or are installing, sidewalks along Montague Expwy (the part where most of the new housing is being built) and the SW side of Great Mall Parkway?
Yes they are! They are also planning to build 2 pedestrian crossings.

This is one:

Source for that at 2:04 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jbsetHHZq0

and the other will be connecting to where, in the previous photo, of the "489 units" (bottom of it) to the "136 town homes".
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #916  
Old Posted Jul 2, 2017, 9:34 PM
pseudolus pseudolus is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mission Terrace, SF
Posts: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillynova View Post
Yes they are! They are also planning to build 2 pedestrian crossings.

This is one:

Source for that at 2:04 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jbsetHHZq0

and the other will be connecting to where, in the previous photo, of the "489 units" (bottom of it) to the "136 town homes".
A grand boulevard that you're not allowed to walk across at grade...that should really bring in the flaneurs.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #917  
Old Posted Jul 3, 2017, 1:47 AM
gillynova gillynova is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 298
LinkedIn campus in the South Bay.

From the plan application:

LinkedIn – Campus Redevelopment (700 and 800 E. Middlefield Road and 1100 W. Maude Avenue)
Rezoning from the ML (Limited Industrial) District to a P (Planned Community) District to allow up to 0.86 FAR; a Planned Community Permit to construct three, six-story office buildings, two, six-level parking structures (with one-level below grade) and retain three, two-story office buildings resulting in 1.08 million square feet of office at a 28.7-acre campus for LinkedIn Corporation, to replace two existing office buildings and surface parking lots; a Heritage Tree Removal Permit to remove approximately 75 Heritage Trees; and a Lot Line Adjustment to merge three parcels into one parcel. The project is located on the northeast corner of East Middlefield Road and the SR-237 Frontage Road in the ML (Limited Industrial) district

 Webpage: http://www.mountainview.gov/linkedincampus
 Status/Next Step(s): An informal application has been submitted. Environmental Planning Commission and City Council Study Sessions were held on April 19, 2017 (EPC) and May 2, 2017 (City Council).
 Planning Area: Moffett/Whisman
 Project Planner: Lindsay Hagan
 Applicant: LinkedIn











Huge credit to Davodd for this.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #918  
Old Posted Jul 3, 2017, 1:55 AM
Bwin517 Bwin517 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 99
You guys should post everything in Santa Clara County in the San Jose thread on this site.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #919  
Old Posted Jul 3, 2017, 3:02 AM
gillynova gillynova is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Bay Area
Posts: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwin517 View Post
You guys should post everything in Santa Clara County in the San Jose thread on this site.
What's wrong with the Bay Area thread? It's confusing tbh haha
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #920  
Old Posted Jul 3, 2017, 5:11 AM
Blesha13 Blesha13 is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Los Angeles, CA 90026
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwin517 View Post
You guys should post everything in Santa Clara County in the San Jose thread on this site.
Agreed.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 7:56 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.