HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Aug 1, 2017, 12:38 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontst17 View Post
I agree with you EastSide, the amount of homes, apartments shops and restaurants that have gone up within a 5-10 minute drive of vanguard is crazy. There's pretty acessable bus service, train is right there, bike trails galore. They're slowly expanding pedestrian access but within malvern borough, Phoenixville, Paoli now KOP etc there's so much to do. I talk to dozens of people from vanguard, most of them are young and are fully aware they live in the suburbs but almost all frequently go into the city. On top of that with Uber there's really no transportation issues at all. It doesn't help city development per say, but these towns have also been around for hundreds of years and any development they receive can only benefit the metro area... also his tinder game is weak then because there's plenty of young attractive people haha.
People are being too sensitive. No one is saying it's a bad place to live, but to try and diminish the fact that the majority of young (and slightly older than young) people would prefer an urban location or at least a suburban location more tied to the transit network makes no sense to me. I know numerous people who lived in Philly and used to work at Vanguard- all hated the reverse commute and spoke of others who felt the same. Most could not afford or had no interest in living near the campus. While there are revitalized towns throughout our region vanguard is located in a typical, sprawling office park type setting that could easily be mistaken for countless other suburban HQs in the country, it's not in some repurposed building in a walkable town center a few blocks from a train station.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations