HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 21, 2006, 10:14 PM
H-town Baller

I don't like the design myself but it's still impressive to see the momentum and activity in the area.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2006, 5:36 AM
Atlantis Rises Again!

Thumbs up We're number 3! We're number 3!

Have you guys checked out what's happening in Miami? We've got such a high-rise construction boom going on here that we're going to take 3rd place after New York and Chicago away from you within the next 5 years! The 2007 World Almanac and Book of Facts already shows us with the 3rd longest list of tall buildings after New York and Chicago even with what they left off that is under construction. We have even more tall buildings scheduled to start construction next year. Wait until you see the 2008 World Almanac. There will be at least 10 more buildings added to that list if they get it right!

Old Posted Dec 22, 2006, 6:35 AM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAtlantisMiami View Post
Have you guys checked out what's happening in Miami? We've got such a high-rise construction boom going on here that we're going to take 3rd place after New York and Chicago away from you within the next 5 years! The 2007 World Almanac and Book of Facts already shows us with the 3rd longest list of tall buildings after New York and Chicago even with what they left off that is under construction. We have even more tall buildings scheduled to start construction next year. Wait until you see the 2008 World Almanac. There will be at least 10 more buildings added to that list if they get it right!
i wasn't aware we were in a race but i will say this...we have way more corner drug stores than you guys in miami could ever hope for.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2006, 7:05 AM
Atlantis Rises Again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmancuso View Post
i wasn't aware we were in a race but i will say this...we have way more corner drug stores than you guys in miami could ever hope for.
You probably have a lot more other things too. It is unbalanced, uncontrolled growth without the infrastructure keeping pace with it. I'll have a very dynamic skyline to look at in a few years, but quality of life here is definitely on the decline.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2006, 7:37 AM
Posh

Wow, there's some pretty impressive stuff going on here!

Old Posted Dec 22, 2006, 6:24 PM
Baryonic Lord

Hrm... are there any new proposals in the works for Houston?

Old Posted Dec 23, 2006, 3:37 AM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeelee View Post
Hrm... are there any new proposals in the works for Houston?
nothing new beyond what's in this thread that i know of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAtlantisMiami View Post
I'll have a very dynamic skyline to look at in a few years, but quality of life here is definitely on the decline.
...if you listen to tom tancredo but i think it is a great city.

Old Posted Dec 23, 2006, 6:32 PM

Anyone know what is going on opposite Mosaic on almeda?

Old Posted Dec 24, 2006, 9:55 AM
Baryonic Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by guess View Post
Anyone know what is going on opposite Mosaic on almeda?
another strip center says $10.

Old Posted Dec 26, 2006, 3:19 PM
Baryonic Lord

or rather... $10 says it's another strip centre.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2007, 2:53 AM

From Globest.Com:

Katrina Factor Disappears; Occupancy Strong
By Amy Wolff Sorter

HOUSTON-During late 2005 and into early 2006, the main news story in the multifamily market involved the so-called "Katrina factor"--hordes of hurricane victims arriving in the city and giving the local apartment complexes a much-needed occupancy boost. A year later, though, most experts agree that the "Katrina factor" is gone from the scene.

"I think one of the things that resulted from Katrina was a false sense of how strong the apartment market was going to continue on," says Craig LaFollette senior vice president in CB Richard Ellis's Houston office. "Everyone thought, including myself, that the Katrina impact would last for two or three years, but it hasn't."

With occupancy jumping from 88% to 94% in late 2005, developers came in to build as well. "We've got a lot of stuff coming down the pike," LaFollette says. "But fortunately, we've had good growth in 2005 and this year, and a good projection next year. That's been helping us stay even."

David Mitchell, principal with Apartment Realty Advisors in Houston, agrees--and adds that overbuilding isn't a concern. Not only will job and population growth take care of extra units in the market, but construction costs and land supply will provide high barriers to entry.

Investments into multifamily properties, which were strong this year, are expected to continue in 2007. LaFollette and Mitchell concur that the market continues to be flush with capital and interest.

"Deals began getting a little harder to close at the end of the year," Mitchell says. "The number of offers sellers received began getting smaller." Still, Houston has made its way to the top of the radar screens of institutional investors. And, he adds, it will continue to hold a place at the top next year.

Leasing, investment and construction activities in most submarkets are strong. LaFollette says Clear Lake is doing well as is League City. Another area to keep an eye on, he says, is the Far West submarket.

Mitchell points out that Fort Bend County is seeing its share of growth too. "Obviously, infill Houston continues to be highly sought after," he says.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2007, 3:28 PM
H-town Baller

Courtesy of Shasta on the Texas / South Central thread:

New Houston Residential Tower:

The Sterling Memorial Villages -

27-story tower located in West Houston (Voss Road) will be a condo project for seniors and retirees. 166 units starting at about $400,000. The project is expected to be done by 2010.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2007, 5:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Hizzy View Post
Courtesy of Shasta on the Texas / South Central thread:

New Houston Residential Tower:

The Sterling Memorial Villages -

27-story tower located in West Houston (Voss Road) will be a condo project for seniors and retirees. 166 units starting at about $400,000. The project is expected to be done by 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Hizzy View Post
Why have a compilations thread if 90% of the posters post without paying any attention to past details?

Jesus Cristo!

Old Posted Jan 5, 2007, 7:16 PM
Baryonic Lord

huh?

Old Posted Jan 7, 2007, 8:28 AM
Baryonic Lord

I thought there was more going on.. after goinbg drinking at hte onion creek and bumping into one of my ex-gfs ithought id check this thread out.,

Old Posted Jan 8, 2007, 2:30 PM

I hope Hizzy knew that was a joke. Anyway, here are some shots I took of the new Camden going up in Midtown/Fourth Ward. The area is actually decent. The walk from the tin can Urban Lofts to the retail at Post Midtown actually looks like it will be enjoyable. Don't forget about the Edge slowly going up next door.

Camden City Centre rendering

Old Posted Jan 8, 2007, 3:39 PM
H-town Baller

LOL @ WG

And that's a very good rendering in that first pic. Really gives the project panache, IMO.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2007, 4:34 PM

Not a tall structure but pretty tall for those narrow streets. Firefighters would have a hell of a time. Love the fog. By the way, I do not think I have ever heard of this project and looks like it will be done soon.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2007, 4:36 PM
I'm one fathom tall

Location: Sicilia (Sicily) 6 months a year/ Texas 6 months a year
Stayed near the Camden project for a few days. It is coming along nicely as is some other 4th ward and midtown fill in.

Ciao, and Hook 'em Horns,
Capt-AWACS, Actions speak louder than bumperstickers

Io sempre voglio la fica della mia mogile.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2007, 4:53 PM
Baryonic Lord

nice pics.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations