HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Feb 14, 2017, 10:04 PM
Proud Homer!

The garage for the $29-million, 7-story, 165-unit Fuji Apartments is underway.

The property is under construction in St. Louis' West End (DeBaliviere Place neighborhood).

Read about the development and its proposed sister development HERE and HERE.

All photos by Raineri Construction.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2017, 4:53 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

holy smokes. i guess that was that giant parking lot on pershing, before. thats my old old old old neighborhood. that photo was likely taken from my old building. one of the most under-rated apartment streets in st. louis.

well planned street with big sidewalks, street trees. in the past, it has suffered a bit being too far east from the loop and too far west from the central west end, but has metrolink and the park.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2017, 11:09 PM
Proud Homer!

City Foundry-St. Louis (video seen on previous page) has picked up a number of retailers according NextSTL.com.

Newly-signed retailers are reported to be Zara, Patagonia, Reformation, Need Supply and others. Read about it HERE.

City Foundry is a massive $340-million transformational project in Midtown St. Louis.

It (a former industrial site) is across from the main St. Louis University campus and IKEA.

Last edited by Arch City; Feb 15, 2017 at 11:34 PM.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2017, 2:25 AM

This development along with One Hundred NGA BPV phase 2 has the potential to really help evolve St.Louis along with all the other smaller to mid range projects that are going on through out the city. My big wish list is more focus on new construction Downtown hopefully BPV phase 2 will be a start of a new wave of not only historic rehabs but new construction..

Old Posted Feb 16, 2017, 1:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by founder1764 View Post
This development along with One Hundred NGA BPV phase 2 has the potential to really help evolve St.Louis along with all the other smaller to mid range projects that are going on through out the city. My big wish list is more focus on new construction Downtown hopefully BPV phase 2 will be a start of a new wave of not only historic rehabs but new construction..
I hope I'm wrong, but I think we will have to wait until the start of the next decade to see any new construction downtown outside of BPV. Developers will focus on rehabbing the few remaining historic buildings first.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2017, 2:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalstl View Post
I hope I'm wrong, but I think we will have to wait until the start of the next decade to see any new construction downtown outside of BPV. Developers will focus on rehabbing the few remaining historic buildings first.
I wrote about that up on my website. I put that every 20 years, Downtown sees significant new construction proposals and construction as a whole. The 60's saw the Arch, Busch 2 and others rise. The 80's saw the tallest buildings in the City rise changing our skyline. The 2000's saw the opening of the Eagleton Courthouse, Construction of Lumiere Place and The Roberts Tower. During that time though, several big proposals for new construction were made but cancelled by time the Recession came along (Original BPV plan, Lumiere Phase 2, The Bottle District, Sky House and MW Tower. The BPV Phase 2 Plan will help launch us into the 2020's with some new interest in Downtown which could mean the 2020's could bring along the serious change that we have been waiting for since the Recession.

One issue though is that with the AT&T Center clearing out and the Millennium Hotel closed, we could not see anything new built until that one is tackled. All be abandoned and historic buildings seem to be in line to get a new life but without those 2 getting a new life, we probably won't see anything. That is where I hope I am wrong. Those 2 buildings are the ones that have to be focused on soon or else we will begin to slump into a no new construction Downtown Region once the older buildings get reopened.

That's what I believe and my theory too.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2017, 11:35 PM
Proud Homer!

After being repainted, refurbished and renewed in Iowa, the vintage trolleys have arrived back in St. Louis!!

The Loop Trolley is a 2.2-mile line that connects Forest Park, the Delmar Loop and MetroLink.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2017, 8:53 PM
Proud Homer!

Take a virtual tour of The Link with Ramona Tumblin-Rucker, BJC campus renewal project manager.

With the addition of over 1,200 linear feet, The Link is now the longest skywalk connector in Missouri connecting hospitals, medical and educational facilities and parking garages in a secure, protected environment.

It is one of the longest skywalk systems in the Midwest.

In the tour video, you also can see the many new facilities of the burgeoning Washington University Medical Center.

The link is scheduled to open on March 1, 2017.

Video Link

Old Posted Feb 18, 2017, 5:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch City View Post
Take a virtual tour of The Link with Ramona Tumblin-Rucker, BJC campus renewal project manager.

With the addition of over 1,200 linear feet, The Link is now the longest skywalk connector in Missouri
I'm not bashing or anything but is that a good thing? Don't you want foot traffic on the sidewalks?

Old Posted Feb 18, 2017, 10:37 PM
Proud Homer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twan2001 View Post
I'm not bashing or anything but is that a good thing? Don't you want foot traffic on the sidewalks?
If it were downtown, yes. But this is a big medical center. Lots of vehicular traffic to navigate - including transit center buses and MetroLink trains.

It's good to have an option to avoid them if one desires.

Also, this connector - albeit lengthy - doesn't cover the entire medical center.

There will be ground-level pedestrian foot traffic.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2017, 10:38 PM
Proud Homer!

A ceremony was held yesterday celebrating the topping out of 212 South Meramec in downtown Clayton.

Downtown Clayton is the "county seat" for St. Louis County. St. Louis County and the City of St. Louis "divorced" in the 1800s.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2017, 10:39 PM
Proud Homer!

Drone videos featuring the 212 South Meramec construction site.

Video Link

Video Link

Old Posted Feb 22, 2017, 7:06 PM
Proud Homer!

A new 9-story 60,000 square foot "boutique" office building is proposed for downtown Clayton.

Developed by KP Development, the building, dubbed Forsyth Pointe, will have 7500sf of retail and a rooftop garden.

The building will be home to Elm Tree Funds and KP Development.

Read More about the proposal HERE and HERE on NextSTL.com.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2017, 8:55 PM
Proud Homer!

St. Louis University's Medical Center released more renderings today of its planned new facility.

The 10-floor hospital will have 316 private patient rooms and will be 800,000 square feet.

With a $550 million price tag, the facility will sit on 15 acres - just south Midtown.

SLU's growing medical campus is near CORTEX, Midtown, The Grove, the Central West End and the Washington University Medical Center.

SSM also will build a four-story outpatient facility that will be 200,000 square feet. There will be a larger parking garage and expanded emergency department with its own parking lot.

Groundbreaking is expected to take place later this year with completion in 2020.

Source

Old Posted Mar 3, 2017, 4:36 AM
Proud Homer!

A 126-unit mixed-use South St. Louis project @ I-55 and Russell is under construction.

Read more about the project HERE @NextSTL.com

Photos by chriss752 at urbanstl.com

Old Posted Mar 3, 2017, 4:47 AM
Proud Homer!

Great infill project in South St. Louis (visible from I-44).

The DeTonty Town Homes & Apartments will feature 8 town homes for sale and 64 apartments for lease. Phase 1 is scheduled for completion Spring 2017.

Read about the development HERE.

DeTonty by Paul Sableman, on Flickr

DeTonty by Paul Sableman, on Flickr

Old Posted Mar 9, 2017, 8:58 PM
Proud Homer!

Next year, Microsoft's is moving its Regional HQs from suburban Creve Coeur to the ever-growing CORTEX Innovation District in Midtown St. Louis - which is fast transitioning from industrial uses to tech-med-sci.

Microsoft is also adding staff which would balloon from 60 current employees to 150.

The new St. Louis office - Microsoft's Mid-America District - will serve as a regional headquarters for states such as Missouri, Kansas and Tennessee.

Microsoft will occupy about 30,000 square feet of the new $55 million, 180,000-square-foot office and lab complex being developed by Wexford Science and Technology on the parking lot next to the @4240 lab and office building.

Microsoft has about 40 Technology Centers located in cities around the world.

Read more HERE and HERE @ NextSTL.com.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2017, 9:06 PM

STL really is on fire!!

Old Posted Mar 12, 2017, 10:33 PM
Proud Homer!

St. Louis College of Pharmacy (Phase II) almost completed.

Refresher: 7-story building will house the student center, dorm rooms and an athletic facility. The SLCOP campus is nestled within the Washington University Medical Center.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2017, 1:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch City View Post
A building demo in downtown Clayton caught on tape. Site will be redeveloped into a mixed-use development (residential and retail) with underground parking.

Opus Group, along with AIG Global Real Estate, is developing a mixed-used, luxury multifamily development with six stories, 120 units and 13,000 square feet of ground level retail space.

update

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations