HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 26, 2017, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis1400 View Post
i dont know anything but i do recall an article about it last year... not sure what the plan is though but request to demolish it were denied
Thanks Tennis. Appreciate the info as always. That article was the first I had heard of that building. Good the request was denied.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2017, 2:40 PM

I had no idea the spanish plaza renovations were so extensive. Damn!

Old Posted Dec 27, 2017, 3:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
In an effort to speed up its upriver development, the Convention Center is breaking up the project into smaller parts, with the hotel being a priority.
http://www.theadvocate.com/new_orlea...50524d889.html

While I'm sure the hotel will take the longest to develop, it seems to me that they will need to begin the other parts of the project, especially retail, riverfront park and entertainment venues in order to make the location more attractive. No point in having a huge hotel next to an empty field.
Reading into the article a little bit and it says that Omni Hotels would be managing the hotel. So this means that MGM is out of the picture? I felt like MGM/Hakkasan Entertainment was a more fitting brand that would help shape the area into a booming entertainment district. Omni is a great brand, but I would feel just as enthusiastic if they built another Marriott flag there.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2017, 4:08 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyboyfloyd View Post
Reading into the article a little bit and it says that Omni Hotels would be managing the hotel. So this means that MGM is out of the picture? I felt like MGM/Hakkasan Entertainment was a more fitting brand that would help shape the area into a booming entertainment district. Omni is a great brand, but I would feel just as enthusiastic if they built another Marriott flag there.
OMNI would manage if that group were to win the RFP for the hotel. there were three other responses i think. Obviously that group had the most detailed proposal since they have been working on the project for two years already. If they are going to make the hotel project there successful it will need to be a destination like facility... run of the mill convention hotel wont suffice

Old Posted Dec 27, 2017, 5:42 PM
-

$10 million in additional funding approved for major transportation project at New Orleans airport

http://www.wdsu.com/article/10-milli...irport/3609174

Old Posted Dec 27, 2017, 7:47 PM

Quote:
$10 million in additional funding approved for major transportation project at New Orleans airport

http://www.wdsu.com/article/10-milli...irport/3609174
My favorite part of that article is the part that says Mitch expects the new airport to open in October of 2018. This won't the first time Mitch has lived in a dream land. It's early 2019 at the earliest.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2017, 7:57 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolafan View Post
My favorite part of that article is the part that says Mitch expects the new airport to open in October of 2018. This won't the first time Mitch has lived in a dream land. It's early 2019 at the earliest.
the article has lots of mistakes in it... im not blaming Mitch for the crap reporting in that article.. anyways i did see an rfp from the city seeking companies to manage the advertising in and outside of the airport.. it says the operations need to be ready for February 2019 so I think we have our date for when service should begin at the new facility

Old Posted Dec 27, 2017, 9:02 PM

Quote:
the article has lots of mistakes in it... im not blaming Mitch for the crap reporting in that article.. anyways i did see an rfp from the city seeking companies to manage the advertising in and outside of the airport.. it says the operations need to be ready for February 2019 so I think we have our date for when service should begin at the new facility

That article is from August 2016.

Old Posted Dec 27, 2017, 10:00 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by prokowave View Post
That article is from August 2016.
well i missed that lol explains the whole amount of mistakes then lol... weird it showed up in my deal as from october 2017... perhaps an edit... anyways thanks for catching that...

Old Posted Dec 27, 2017, 10:35 PM
-

Found some constructions documents for Terminal A at the airport (these clarify all the questions we had about its setup):

things I noticed from these plans: the 6 gates are not all for international flgihts.. only three gates have sterile corridors, most of the area for customs arrivals has been moved from under main terminal to include concourse a... that should make the customs area feel much nicer than what was planned.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2017, 3:57 AM

Disappointed, but not surprised that the Convention Center district plans have been sidelined. It's tough when there are multiple parties involved. I know in St. Louis, it took nearly two decades of discussion to redesign and reconnect the area around the Arch.

Hopefully, the hotel will move forward and another party can develop some type of entertainment, retail, residential component. Otherwise, that hotel will be smack dab in the middle of a bunch of empty lots. Not very appealing from a tourist standpoint.

Glad to hear it sounds like the 1031 Canal project is moving ahead as the Hard Rock Hotel now.

Also, thanks for the sharing the Concourse A plans. I guess three sterile gates is suffiicient for now. The sterile corridor can always be extended further down in the future if needed.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2017, 4:17 AM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlidellWx View Post
Disappointed, but not surprised that the Convention Center district plans have been sidelined. It's tough when there are multiple parties involved. I know in St. Louis, it took nearly two decades of discussion to redesign and reconnect the area around the Arch.

Hopefully, the hotel will move forward and another party can develop some type of entertainment, retail, residential component. Otherwise, that hotel will be smack dab in the middle of a bunch of empty lots. Not very appealing from a tourist standpoint.

Glad to hear it sounds like the 1031 Canal project is moving ahead as the Hard Rock Hotel now.

Also, thanks for the sharing the Concourse A plans. I guess three sterile gates is suffiicient for now. The sterile corridor can always be extended further down in the future if needed.

its does seem like that can work and they can easily modify the other three gates if need be plus with increased plans to expand preclearance customs locations that could help reduce the need for it on even more international flights

Old Posted Dec 28, 2017, 4:20 AM
-

[QUOTE=SlidellWx;8030156]Disappointed, but not surprised that the Convention Center district plans have been sidelined. It's tough when there are multiple parties involved. I know in St. Louis, it took nearly two decades of discussion to redesign and reconnect the area around the Arch.

/QUOTE]

It sounds like they are breaking it up into smaller pieces to let people bid on that separately.. but i agree that a hotel in the middle of empty land isnt going to be very appealing so they will need to connect it to the city grid at least but long term the neighborhood will need to be developed as something interesting... but until that area becomes interesting in its own right other areas of the city are more appealing to put hotels

Old Posted Dec 28, 2017, 9:09 PM

Quote:
Found some constructions documents for Terminal A at the airport (these clarify all the questions we had about its setup):
Thanks for posting, Tennis. Is there somewhere we can see a higher resolution set? It's hard to make out a lot of details.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2017, 10:47 PM

Someone appears to have gone even further off the deep end:

http://neworleanscitybusiness.com/bl...tion-activity/

Old Posted Dec 28, 2017, 11:07 PM
NOLA Razorback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catch Basin View Post
Someone appears to have gone even further off the deep end:

http://neworleanscitybusiness.com/bl...tion-activity/
Good god, that dude needs to go move to Siberia.. I don't think there's anything else he can do to stop the process now, also construction is underway finally

Old Posted Dec 29, 2017, 2:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjslonaker View Post
Good god, that dude needs to go move to Siberia.. I don't think there's anything else he can do to stop the process now, also construction is underway finally

I'm not usually the type who laughs at somebody for being crazy but I have to admit a smile crossed my face as I read his post.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2017, 1:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris from N.O. View Post
I'm not usually the type who laughs at somebody for being crazy but I have to admit a smile crossed my face as I read his post.
lol same here. Mental health is real thing!

Old Posted Dec 29, 2017, 5:35 PM

Two hotel notes:

1) Anybody have nay updates on Virgin? I feel like that's taking longer than it should.

2) I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it, if so I'm sorry, but the new Higgins hotel will be part of the Hilton umbrella as a Curio hotel.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2017, 7:26 PM
-

I seriously doubt that comment is from the guy.. anyone could post as him and there isnt anything that can be done since all legal options have been explored and its already under construction

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations