HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One World Trade Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 23, 2011, 5:39 PM
don't *meddle*...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw5710 View Post
Nice shot. What building was that taken from?
from the AIG building. there's an observatory deck on the 66th floor but unfortunately it's not open for the public.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2011, 7:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunser View Post
from the AIG building. there's an observatory deck on the 66th floor but unfortunately it's not open for the public.
Thats a great location to see whats going on with the top floors of 1 WTC. The 7 WTC cam is going to soon loose its ability to clearly see construction of the steel now that 1 WTC has started going above its cam.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2011, 10:09 PM
Honored Member

OMG, I forgot, STR, you are doing all the modeling on a laptop ! I guess there isn't room inside for a pair of video cars working in SLI mode !

I really hope they can make up all the weather delays we've had this winter, and now spring.

(The rain just changed back over to sleet and snow here in Somerset county, NJ and it's headed toward the city.)

Old Posted Mar 23, 2011, 10:34 PM

Hi,

I dont know if this should be on the memorial post or on here, so I will just post it. It's from the huffingtonpost.

Quote:
WTC Steel Angel Statue To Honor Tuscon Shooting Victim Christina Taylor-Green Born On 9/11

NEW YORK -- A piece of World Trade Center steel is being molded into an angel in the memory of a girl who was born on Sept. 11, 2001, and died in a barrage of gunfire in the Tucson, Ariz., shooting rampage that injured Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.

The 5 1/2-foot-long fragment of an I-beam was picked up from a hangar at John F. Kennedy International Airport on Wednesday and will be trucked to Arizona in time for an April 1 dedication ceremony. The Freedom's Steadfast Angel of Love statue will incorporate artifacts from the Sept. 11 attack on the Pentagon and the crash of United Airlines Flight 93 in Shanksville, Pa., sculptor Lei Hennessy-Owen said.

The angel honoring Christina-Taylor Green will stand 9 feet, 11 inches tall. The steel from the twin towers was donated by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which owns the trade center site.

"We just wanted to do something to kind of help them heal, let them know that we're going to try to support them through their grief," said Hennessy-Owen, who has created angel sculptures at the three 9/11 crash sites and other locations across the country.

She said some family members of Sept. 11 victims plan to attend the dedication.

Christina-Taylor was 9 years old, the youngest victim of the January shooting, which left six people dead and 13 wounded. Her birth on the day of the worst terror attack in the nation's history and her death in another unspeakable act of violence made her an enduring face in the Tucson tragedy, generating a tremendous outpouring of sympathy in Arizona and around the country.

Donations to her memorial fund came in from 10 countries and 43 states in the first month after the shooting alone.

Her statue will be installed at James D. Kriegh Park in Oro Valley, Ariz., where she played Little League baseball, and dedicated at the opening day ceremonies of the Canyon del Oro Little League.

Christina-Taylor's relatives said she was "so proud" of being on the Pirates Little League team. They said it means a lot to them to know "there will be an angel in the outfield watching over" the Little League.

"That this angel would be made from the remnants of the 9/11 attacks makes this tribute especially touching," the family said in a prepared statement. "Christina-Taylor wanted to be a symbol of hope for those touched by our nation's great tragedy on 9/11, the day she was born."

Christina-Taylor was featured in a book called "Faces of Hope," which chronicled a baby from each state born on the day terrorists hijacked airplanes and used them to kill nearly 3,000 people.

She had told her parents she wanted to attend Penn State and have a career that involved helping those less fortunate. She was the only girl on her Little League team and played second base.

Her father is a scout for the Los Angeles Dodgers, and her grandfather Dallas Green is a former manager of the Philadelphia Phillies. Many of the tributes for her have contained a baseball or Sept. 11 theme.

A park and a Little League field in Tucson have been renamed in her honor. A T-shirt patch with her initials on a baseball and an American flag and twin towers in the background has become a popular purchase across the country. The Chicago White Sox and Arizona Diamondbacks played a charity game in Tucson that honored her.

At her funeral in January, family and friends gathered under an enormous American flag recovered from ground zero.

Hennessy-Owen said the statue honoring her will incorporate, besides World Trade Center steel, a 3 1/2-foot-long piece of steel from the Pentagon and a large rock from the Flight 93 crash site.

The sculptor said she will be part of a convoy taking the materials to Arizona.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_839761.html

Old Posted Mar 23, 2011, 10:37 PM
Because I'm Clever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zensteeldude View Post
OMG, I forgot, STR, you are doing all the modeling on a laptop ! I guess there isn't room inside for a pair of video cars working in SLI mode !
It's really not the vid card that's the issue. GPU is only used while manipulating the model, and I don't have the whole model visible when doing work, so that's far from my limit. Actual renders are done by the CPU. If the CPU was faster, had more cores, and I had more RAM I could afford to crank up the settings without taking an hour to render one still. I could also do other things like videos, which currently would take a day or two to process at a decent rez.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2011, 10:58 PM

hey,
I've been following this thread o so quietly for the past 3 to 4 years now and I've used this thread a lot as a reference for one of my levels (I'm a game developer / level designer / artist). I thought now that the level is done and the game is close to release (free for everyone who owns Steam/Half-Life²) I'd show some screenshots here. As you'll see I based it off of One World Trade Center the way it was about 8 to 10 months ago.

You can check out more images on my site if you are interested:
http://www.wesleytack.com/

And for those who play games and have Half-Life² installed, you can check out the free modification here and play it yourself!
http://www.moddb.com/mods/off-limits

On the real building, when are they going to start adding the cladding downward? Are they not doing this on purpose to avoid colliding with it as the ground crew keeps working around the tower?

Old Posted Mar 23, 2011, 11:36 PM

Completely awesome, and I love HL2 mods.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2011, 11:37 PM
Honored Member

You did take alot of license but that's some cool stuff !

It will probably be 6 months to a year before the base is fully clad.

(I wonder if it would be possible, under NYC building code, to build a tower that slopes out over the sidewalk like that. Be interesting if a tower like that ever got built.)

Old Posted Mar 24, 2011, 12:00 AM
BROOKLYN

Really awesome. Great work!

Old Posted Mar 24, 2011, 4:47 AM

I agree. Its looks perfect!! I can't wait to be completions!!

Old Posted Mar 24, 2011, 4:00 PM

Welcome to the forum WesleyTrack! You sir are a genius, that level looks beyond terrific!

Old Posted Mar 24, 2011, 6:52 PM
Jeez Louise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadcruiser1 View Post
There really is equipment up there, and that section is used for mantainence. Look it up.
Word. Thanks. I still think they shoulda put an observation deck of some sort on there. And I saw they're getting rid of the plan for the new "Windows on the World' for OneWTC! Noooooooooo!!!!! Why did they do that? Wasn't that one of the highest grossing restaurants in the world? The PBS American Experience of New York I think is where I heard that.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2011, 9:56 PM
BROOKLYN

^^^ Why do people keep bringing that up?

Old Posted Mar 25, 2011, 12:05 AM
Où suis-je ?

From today

I was downtown today and offer this humble photo. I never expected it to be so dominating after following its progress over the past two years, it's spectacular.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2011, 1:36 AM
BROOKLYN

Is that glass dirty or is it the reflection of the WFC?

Old Posted Mar 25, 2011, 1:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obey View Post
Is that glass dirty or is it the reflection of the WFC?
WFC reflection

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Mar 25, 2011, 2:44 AM

One World Trade Center Progress (March 2011) by newhannibal112, on Flickr

This is a sixteen shot panorama and it is very, very detailed.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2011, 6:10 PM

Freedoom Tower blueprints?

Hello, I would like need the blueprint of freedom tower each floor (structure) I do not need electrical, pipes plans but I would see the floor plans each floor. Reason I need those blue prints to figure out build out of Lego sets.

Is there any blueprint available on website? if not can you send me autocad, Photoshops file into my email under this website?

I am still trying figure out how build it with lego. Hope hear from your feedback or input about this blueprints. I know that it is confidential but is other way to see the blueprint with floor plans.

Eric

Old Posted Mar 25, 2011, 6:11 PM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENeuman900 View Post
Hello, I would like need the blueprint of freedom tower each floor (structure) I do not need electrical, pipes plans but I would see the floor plans each floor. Reason I need those blue prints to figure out build out of Lego sets.

Is there any blueprint available on website? if not can you send me autocad, Photoshops file into my email under this website?

I am still trying figure out how build it with lego. Hope hear from your feedback or input about this blueprints. I know that it is confidential but is other way to see the blueprint with floor plans.

Eric
Your grammar scares me

Old Posted Mar 25, 2011, 6:12 PM

WTC Tower 2 (name?)

I wonder how far does WTC Tower 2 goes?

Is there a name for that tower?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive