HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Apr 21, 2023, 8:57 PM

Regina | 1222 15th Ave | 6 Stories | 20 M | Rental Housing

Arwel Living has proposed a 38 Unit Residential Rentals w/ u/g parking at the corner of 15th and Toronto.

The project passed by a vote of 8-1 from Regina Planning Commission and is before Council on April 26th for Approval.

If Council Approves the project Construction is slated to start in September.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2023, 11:03 PM

Gorgeous project. We need about 30 more of these in our inner city.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2023, 11:23 PM

Glad to see some Regina post but can you plz post some renders or give a link where I can see the project?

And also for the other 2 projects u posted about.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2023, 11:24 PM

Reposting from Regina Housing Discussion

Proposed 6-storey, 38-unit residential building - 1222 15th Avenue (by the General Hospital and Malty National)

Current building

Last edited by one_brick_at_a_time; Apr 21, 2023 at 11:37 PM.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2023, 8:53 PM

Very excited that this project got approved.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2023, 9:03 PM

Old Posted Apr 26, 2023, 9:12 PM

Really nice looking building.

Build something like this on 13th Avenue with a store on the main floor and I'll buy you a beer.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2023, 9:15 PM
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post
Gorgeous project. We need about 30 more of these in our inner city.
Quote:
Very excited that this project got approved.
Quote:
Really nice looking building.

Build something like this on 13th Avenue with a store on the main floor and I'll buy you a beer.
Superlative! Indubitable! Excalibur!

In all seriousness though, I completely agree with your sentiment. Looks like a lovely project and I wish that Arwell Living was active in Saskatoon (maybe they are?)

Old Posted Apr 26, 2023, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phone View Post
Superlative! Indubitable! Excalibur!

In all seriousness though, I completely agree with your sentiment. Looks like a lovely project and I wish that Arwell Living was active in Saskatoon (maybe they are?)
We aren’t currently however as this and a couple other projects get underway we will be exploring some of the opportunities that may be there in Saskatoon!

Old Posted Apr 27, 2023, 1:31 AM
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArwelLiving View Post
We aren’t currently however as this and a couple other projects get underway we will be exploring some of the opportunities that may be there in Saskatoon!
Please buy the former Extra Foods lot on Broadway

Old Posted May 31, 2023, 7:55 PM

Are all units 1 bedroom? What are you expecting asking rent to be? Cautiously optimistic but appreciate the development in the core

Old Posted Aug 24, 2023, 10:00 PM

Old Posted Aug 25, 2023, 5:52 PM
Canadian Urbanite

Excellent to see some signs of progress. In Regina, we've seen too many proposals come forward, only to never actually get built.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2023, 2:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCF View Post
Excellent to see some signs of progress. In Regina, we've seen too many proposals come forward, only to never actually get built.
You can add this one to the list. Fence up months ago and literally nothing done since then. With winter coming there is no way any real work gets done till spring 2024 at the earliest

Old Posted Oct 6, 2023, 2:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBoy View Post
You can add this one to the list. Fence up months ago and literally nothing done since then. With winter coming there is no way any real work gets done till spring 2024 at the earliest
Shocking...

Old Posted Oct 12, 2023, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBoy View Post
The fencing went up at the end of August after the final tenant moved out

Once tenants are out, the building doesn't come down immediately, services have to be disconnected! Which is almost complete.

Asbestos and Hazardous Materials Abatement has started this week and will be a slow go to ensure safety of workers and the broader community. We are anticipating the building demolition by the end of the year!

Building Permit Drawings have been worked on by our consultant team and foundation permits are being submitted for review and approval later this month. I would expect to see excavation starting early in the new year!

While a little later than we wanted the challenge of ensuring our previous tenants had someone safe to move too took longer through the summer than we would have liked, all things continue to move forward. In terms of a Regina project I'd say not bad progress considering the Rezoning And Discretionary Use Application was only submitted December 23rd last year

Old Posted Oct 12, 2023, 7:13 PM

Quote:

Once tenants are out, the building doesn't come down immediately, services have to be disconnected! Which is almost complete.

Asbestos and Hazardous Materials Abatement has started this week and will be a slow go to ensure safety of workers and the broader community. We are anticipating the building demolition by the end of the year!

Building Permit Drawings have been worked on by our consultant team and foundation permits are being submitted for review and approval later this month. I would expect to see excavation starting early in the new year!

While a little later than we wanted the challenge of ensuring our previous tenants had someone safe to move too took longer through the summer than we would have liked, all things continue to move forward. In terms of a Regina project I'd say not bad progress considering the Rezoning And Discretionary Use Application was only submitted December 23rd last year
So exciting! Thank you for the detailed response and totally understandable regarding tenant issues and the demo process steps. This is going to be a fantastic project for the area.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2023, 6:08 AM

Quote:

Are you planning on preserving the mature elm and what looks like ash trees on the perimeter of the site? I hope so, will add to the curb appeal of the building.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2023, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udon'tknow View Post
Are you planning on preserving the mature elm and what looks like ash trees on the perimeter of the site? I hope so, will add to the curb appeal of the building.
That is still being assessed. If we can save them, then we will save them. The current concern is that the root system will be compromised during the excavation for the underground parkade. It will be assessed further as we get closer to digging and understanding where the root system is going.

In other news, the old building was demolished today as part of an emergency demolition as it was determined that the building was not structurally sound once the stucco was removed. The building is now on the ground.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2024, 11:54 PM

ArwellLiving, any update on this project? You removed your “structural” stucco 6 months ago and last I checked, haven’t done any work cleaning up the site. I understand that things take time, but it’s been a year and a half and the site cleanup hasn’t even begun. Lots of frustration from businesses and residents of Heritage at the lack of effort.

Sure hope you don’t demolish St. Matthew’s without actually having a clear, even somewhat efficient plan in place.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan