HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jan 5, 2018, 3:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ Weren't sales at around 10,000 despite the exorbitant prices? That's a sign that there was some degree of interest, but that tickets were overpriced. It was the same thing with the Heritage Classic in Winnipeg, tickets were available right up until the game and I'd wager that corporate sponsors helped snap up the last few. There was no lack of interest in the game itself, but not surprisingly people didn't necessarily want to pony up hundreds of dollars to watch a game in potentially miserable conditions.
The words used were 10,000 "allocated". They sold nowhere near that number.

Last edited by Stormer; Jan 5, 2018 at 7:25 PM.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2018, 3:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ Weren't sales at around 10,000 despite the exorbitant prices?
10,000 was the saving-face number they tossed out. Realistic figure I heard was in the 5,000 range (including freebies to sponsors).

I posted on here that I looked for seats in Dec, and couldn't fathom where the 10,000 "allocated" seats were - there were only tiny sections near centre ice that were unavailable on Ticketmaster... vast swaths of tickets were available everywhere else in the stadium. My generous guess at that time was 6,000-7,000 seats were spoken for (take away corporate sponsors & other promotional tickets, I bet it was closer to 3,000-5,000 tickets actually sold at full price to average fans).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drofmab View Post
I just had a look at the seating chart... if they can't figure out a way to move some tickets quickly, this event is going to be a financial bloodbath. Seats in the stadium are widely available other than two areas: 1) west-side, lower bowl, between the blue lines; and 2) east-side, lower bowl at centre ice.

Even the 'cheap seats' (standing room, in Pilsner place for $75) are only 1/3rd sold.
if you asked me to guess - based on the Ticketmaster seating chart, I would've generously guessed that they've sold 20% (6,000-7,000) so far.

Old Posted Jan 5, 2018, 6:31 PM

CJME must have had nothing to report to write this story. Seriously awful reporting and crappy story. Lady tried to return ticket woes me, will cancel my trip. blah blah.

http://www.cjme.com/2018/01/04/woman...-game-changes/

Old Posted Jan 5, 2018, 7:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
CJME must have had nothing to report to write this story. Seriously awful reporting and crappy story. Lady tried to return ticket woes me, will cancel my trip. blah blah.

http://www.cjme.com/2018/01/04/woman...-game-changes/
I couldn't believe it either when I first read this story. How is this news?

Old Posted Feb 27, 2018, 8:06 PM

New City 2018 Capital Budget include money for pathway from downtown to NMS. Does anyone have any details?

Old Posted Feb 27, 2018, 9:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
New City 2018 Capital Budget include money for pathway from downtown to NMS. Does anyone have any details?
Yay!!!!!

Old Posted Feb 27, 2018, 11:08 PM

Quote:
OK I found it buried in the budget. $2.7 million which sounds like a serious pathway....but in 2021

Old Posted Feb 28, 2018, 3:19 PM

Quote:
OK I found it buried in the budget. $2.7 million which sounds like a serious pathway....but in 2021
Does it say where? Down Sask Drive or down N. Railway St ?

Old Posted Feb 28, 2018, 3:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curo View Post
No it doesn't, but I found this in an earlier news story:

Quote:
Plus, the city is planning a six-metre-wide, multi-use pathway to run from Confederation Park to Albert Street along the railway.
I would think it would have to be along N. Railway given the businesses along the N side of SK Dr.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2018, 4:10 PM
arf

^Let's say you're walking to the game from the core, are you really wanting to walk on a path along the railline or down the treed streets in Cathedral? I know which I would pick in almost all weather conditions. But it all depends on what one's transportation option is and where one parks if driving is that option.

It's obviously a good linkage for a pathway system into downtown. Connecting this further West into the Royal Regina Golf Club into downtown along the railline would be an obvious extension to me.

Is this section part of the larger pathway plan?

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Feb 28, 2018, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
^Let's say you're walking to the game from the core, are you really wanting to walk on a path along the railline or down the treed streets in Cathedral? I know which I would pick in almost all weather conditions. But it all depends on what one's transportation option is and where one parks if driving is that option.

It's obviously a good linkage for a pathway system into downtown. Connecting this further West into the Royal Regina Golf Club into downtown along the railline would be an obvious extension to me.

Is this section part of the larger pathway plan?
Also makes sense if this is to connect to the railways development.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2018, 8:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by curo View Post

From page 154 of the 2018 Proposed Budget document:

Quote:
The RRI has always planned for a multi-use pathway that would link Regina’s Downtown to the Taylor Field Neighbourhood and the new stadium along the north side of the railway tracks. Renderings of the new stadium have shown a conceptual pathway between the south edge of the building and the railway tracks, although its design and construction were to be considered as part of the Taylor Field Neighbourhood. The pathway is proposed to start at the intersection of Albert Street and 10th Avenue, and progress west on the north side of the railway tracks. It will cross Elphinstone Street and connect to the gates of the new stadium and Confederation Park. The current pedestrian connections between Downtown and EVRAZ Place are limited and not pedestrian-friendly. Pedestrians can choose to walk along Victoria Avenue to Elphinstone Street in relative comfort, but then must cross Saskatchewan Drive and the railway tracks to proceed north. Alternatively, they can walk north along Albert Street and use the underpass sidewalks, but encounter a lack of a sidewalk and a gravel road surface as they move west on 10th Avenue. The location of the Mosaic Stadium to the west of the existing facility will make this walk less appealing. The pathway design will include landscaping, seating and lighting. A phased approach to design could be used, with space left for smaller patios/plazas, seating walls and public art in the future. It is expected that the pathway will experience regular use and function as a community amenity every day. The location and design of the pathway is congruent with the recommendations of the draft Transportation Master Plan, providing a key east-west link in the heart of the city. With a paved surface, landscaping and lighting, this new facility also supports the objectives related to sustainable and active transportation in the OCP.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2018, 9:02 PM
arf

^Thanks for finding that. The Saskatchewan Drive / Elphinstone intersection isn't that good, but I'd almost rather cross there than Saskatchewan Drive and Albert Street. Pick your poison on that one.

Out of curiosity. My brain is thinking that if we are reintegrating the street grid where the old Taylor field is than wouldn't a pedestrian crossing at Elphinstone by the tracks suffice to get one to the new street grid? Just do some good plantings of trees and such to hide the fence protecting the track and the businesses along Saskatchewan Drive and you don't really need to build a pathway at all.

Especially if this isn't even done by 2020 anyway.

Anyone?

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Feb 28, 2018, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
^Thanks for finding that. The Saskatchewan Drive / Elphinstone intersection isn't that good, but I'd almost rather cross there than Saskatchewan Drive and Albert Street. Pick your poison on that one.

Out of curiosity. My brain is thinking that if we are reintegrating the street grid where the old Taylor field is than wouldn't a pedestrian crossing at Elphinstone by the tracks suffice to get one to the new street grid? Just do some good plantings of trees and such to hide the fence protecting the track and the businesses along Saskatchewan Drive and you don't really need to build a pathway at all.

Especially if this isn't even done by 2020 anyway.

Anyone?
I am not sure what you are suggesting? A pedestrian bridge over the tracks? Also you are not really accommodating bicycles. Remember this is the CP mainline with frequent very long unit trains traveling a low city speeds.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2018, 2:48 PM
arf

I'm just suggesting that the street grid itself in the new old Taylor Field neighborhood could actually suffice as the pathway. But looking at the map again, nevermind. The pathway makes sense. If I'm a cyclist I'm probably just using North Railway to avoid a lot of walking people if its a game day.

Where my brain might have been going was thinking grander. A path that goes over Albert Street and then into the railyards development, but there's a lot of spur line still there that I don't believe is going away. Oh, if only rail relocation had happened in the 1970s. All of this would be so easy and we wouldn't even need the pathway at all. Ah, to dream. :lol:

Old Posted Jul 27, 2018, 8:41 PM
BANNED

A very well done drone video of a recent Roughriders game at New Mosaic Stadium. Surreal facility.

https://javapost.ca/news/java-post-a...mosaic-stadium

Old Posted Jul 30, 2018, 4:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migs View Post
A very well done drone video of a recent Roughriders game at New Mosaic Stadium. Surreal facility.

https://javapost.ca/news/java-post-a...mosaic-stadium
Agree and agree! I saw that drone south of the Stadium that day.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2019, 1:40 AM

NHL Heritage Classic to be announced at Mosaic in October. That makes a lot more sense.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2019, 2:40 AM

Quote:
NHL Heritage Classic to be announced at Mosaic in October. That makes a lot more sense.
I thought it was weird that the Riders were on the road for 3 weeks in a row in October. That makes sense and the timing weather wise for an outdoor game should be great.

Old Posted Jan 1, 2019, 5:29 AM
the first stamp is free

Great venue for hopefully a great game.

Supposedly it's Jets vs. either the Flames or Oilers.

The possibility of a battle of Atlanta is kinda cool.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan