HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 4:31 AM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskScraper View Post
I haven't been following this thread lately because honestly it was becoming too depressing personally.
Initially when the me-too moment began to gain momentum last year, I had high hopes that it would bring to light the struggle survivors having in voicing their experiences & engage discussion on constructive healing process and understanding, particularly in dealing with all the angles and all the experiences with harassment.

I'm finding though that there's a lot of ideas & thoughts being told to be suppressed. Mean while, status quo with additional allegations mount as illustrated in the media each week and polar opposite sides to the discussion can't seem to see each others side and this thread is an example of that. Throwing caution to the wind and painting all allegations with the same brush, one time 'yummy' comments being equated the same as forcing fellatio makes me worry if the me-too movement will just be a phase society goes through. If sexual harassment allegations were investigated for crediblilty before being made public & innocent until proven guilt than I think there wouldn't be so much backlash against the me-to cause.

I think the one thing that does sadden me the most is double standard when sexual assault charges are laid. Years of jail time that are always given to men aren't given to women when same guilty charges are applied. This trivializes the victims and will probably silence men & boys if slap-on-the-wrist is most all that would happen if complaints are launched with great trepidation from male victims.

this is the only news report I could find of the Jessica Beraldin sentencing earlier today:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...cing-1.4526466
Agreed. It is much harder for men to come forward when the perpetrator is female. Society’s automatic response not too long ago would have been to congratulate the victim for “becoming a man”. This is so damaging and needs to change. I am hopeful it will change though. Me Too isn’t perfect but I have heard more talk of male victims since it began even if very few are coming forward. Society seems to recognize male on male assaulters but not so much female ones. Hopefully the Me Too tide will help to raise the boats of male survivors of female predators too.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 4:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelebes View Post
I hope you will be asking for a mulligan there. As for the devastating effects on false accusations, let's also consider the devastating effects of sexual assault and harassment. Or in the case of murder, let's all consider the devastating effects of false accusations while we interrupt discussions on the devastating effects of murder. Something ain't right and it's clear as day what's going on.

You want to talk about false accusations, then let's talk about the sexual harassment of men. Because that is a thing and you don't seem keen on talking about that. What is happening to Paikin is an example of sexual harassment of a man by a woman. How you talk of that situation, you don't look it that way. You see it as part of a systematic purge of men and that you need to fight for your existence because clearly it is a purge of men. That's the only way to look at it.
WOW, you really should reread what I wrote because you could not be more wrong. How you could read that into what I wrote is way off base.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 4:49 AM
Fake News

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLLB View Post
Exactly. Anyone who commits such crimes must be punished and the victims (regardless of gedner) must be treated with respect and care. But it must be done within the concept of rule of law and due process or we have anarchy and totalitarianism.

You also raise an excellent point about the double standard. There is a huge bias in favour of women in the courts

MEN RECEIVE SENTENCES IN CRIMINAL CASES THAT ARE 64% HIGHER THAN WOMEN FOR THE SAME CRIMES

Prof. Starr's research shows large unexplained gender disparities in federal criminal cases
http://www.law.umich.edu/newsandinfo...sparities.aspx

Starr’s research also suggests that the gap is partly due to the presumed mother’s childcare responsibilities: “Prosecutors and/or judges worry about the effect of maternal incarceration on children.” When the female defendant mentions childcare, judges are less likely to recommend prison. But for married men who have children, there is no significant difference in their sentence. More surprisingly, however, is that among single men who have children, their sentences are significantly increased.
http://www.cosmo.ph/lifestyle/motiva...20170131-lfrm4

As well, with respect to sexual crimes.

Female sex offenders protected by the criminal justice system
http://phys.org/news/2012-05-female-...l-justice.html

Sex-Based Sentencing: Sentencing Discrepancies Between Male and Female Sex Offenders
National Corrections Reporting Program data are used to identify sex offenders for the years 1994 to 2004 and the sentences they received for specific sex offenses. Statistical analyses reveal a significant difference in sentence length between men and women, but not in the expected direction. The evil woman hypothesis would assume women are sentenced more harshly, BUT DATA SHOW MEN RECEIVE LONGER SENTENCES FOR SEX OFFENSES THAN WOMEN.
http://www.ncdsv.org/images/fc_sex-b...nders_2012.pdf
It’s sickening that the mother narrative is used to protect abusers. Believe it or not mothers also molest and sexually abuse their own children. The same sexism that views women as domestic caretakers leads to this type of injustice. I was told by an officer that it wasn’t until the 1980’s that women could even be charged with sexual abuse.

Perhaps it’s just the optimist in me, but I have a hard time accepting that some women do want to oppress men and see us as the enemy. I’ve had exchanges on Instagram with feminists who claim no men are safe and been blocked simply for pointing out that I am a survivor of a female abuser and that I don’t hold all women responsible.

If you are genuine in your concern I’m with you, but as a survivor I implore you not to cast doubt on the process of victims coming forward. People use social media instead of the police because it’s easier. It was easier for me to come out on Facebook than to tell close friends and family one on one.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 4:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-tacular View Post
Agreed. It is much harder for men to come forward when the perpetrator is female. Society’s automatic response not too long ago would have been to congratulate the victim for “becoming a man”. This is so damaging and needs to change. I am hopeful it will change though. Me Too isn’t perfect but I have heard more talk of male victims since it began even if very few are coming forward. Society seems to recognize male on male assaulters but not so much female ones. Hopefully the Me Too tide will help to raise the boats of male survivors of female predators too.
On those points we agree. Men normally do not come forward. In fact, a lot of what I was saying was along those lines as well. Again, ALL sexual abuse is wrong regardless of gender, my point is that sexual abuse of men by women is generally ignored by society despite the fact that it is very common as many studies have shown. I have done a ton of research and have untold links to studies like the following.

Sexual Victimization by Women in Juvenile Facilities Reported by Youth, 2008-09
A study was released by the D.O.J on the 2008-2009 reporting period showed that children incarcerated in juvenile facilities were SEXUALLY MOLESTED BY WOMEN SLIGHTLY MORE THAN 95% OF THE TIME while male staff accounted for only 4.6% of the sexual molestation of the minors incarcerated who reported sexual abuse. http://bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/svjfry09.pdf
Here is an updated survey
http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/svjfry12.pdf

Sexual Victimization by Women Is More Common Than Previously Known
A NEW STUDY GIVES A PORTRAIT OF FEMALE PERPETRATORS
In 2014, we published a study on the sexual victimization of men, finding that men were much more likely to be victims of sexual abuse than was thought. To understand who was committing the abuse, we next analyzed four surveys conducted by the Bureau of Justice Statistics (BJS) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to glean an overall picture of how frequently women were committing sexual victimization.
The results were surprising. For example, the CDC’s nationally representative data revealed that over one year, men and women were equally likely to experience nonconsensual sex, and most male victims reported female perpetrators. Over their lifetime, 79 percent of men who were “made to penetrate” someone else (a form of rape, in the view of most researchers) reported female perpetrators. Likewise, most men who experienced sexual coercion and unwanted sexual contact had female perpetrators.
And, because we had previously shown that nearly one million incidents of sexual victimization happen in our nation’s prisons and jails each year, we knew that no analysis of sexual victimization in the U.S. would be complete without a look at sexual abuse happening behind bars. We found that, contrary to assumptions, the biggest threat to women serving time does not come from male corrections staff. Instead, female victims are more than three times as likely to experience sexual abuse by other women inmates than by male staff.
Male-perpetrated sexual victimization finally came to public attention after centuries of denial and indifference, thanks to women’s rights advocates and the anti-rape movement. Attention to sexual victimization perpetrated by women should be understood as a necessary next step in continuing and expanding upon this important legacy.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...Facebook-Share

Why Do Men Have Unwanted Sex? It’s Not Just Gender Expectations, New Research Finds
Men have unwanted sex with women in order to conform to gender expectations and to avoid uncomfortable interactions finds new research by a New York University sociologist.
https://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publi...tations--.html

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 4:56 AM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwell View Post
Yep.

I didn't want to say anything before, but yeah, I was what I consider to be sexually assaulted by a woman about 10 years ago. She was an ex girlfriend who wasn't a fan that I broke up with months previously and at a party plied me with way too much alcohol specifically to coerce me into sleeping with her. Afterwards I found out it was something that she had been plotting for a while. It sounds kind of innocuous but I felt like shit for a long time after and remained intentionally single / celibate for well over a year. It didn't help that when I tried to explain to friends and get support they would just laugh it off as a drunken mistake.

This in no way takes away from the Me Too movement whatsoever. The one event I can relate with seems way too common amongst my female friends I'm close to.
I commend you for sharing and I believe you. If a man did that he could be charged.

Last edited by O-tacular; Feb 10, 2018 at 3:27 PM.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 5:00 AM

Quote:
It’s sickening that the mother narrative is used to protect abusers. Believe it or not mothers also molest and sexually abuse their own children. The same sexism that views women as domestic caretakers leads to this type of injustice. I was told by an officer that it wasn’t until the 1980’s that women could even be charged with sexual abuse.

Perhaps it’s just the optimist in me, but I have a hard time accepting that some women do want to oppress men and see us as the enemy. I’ve had exchanges on Instagram with feminists who claim no men are safe and been blocked simply for pointing out that I am a survivor of a female abuser and that I don’t hold all women responsible.

If you are genuine in your concern I’m with you, but as a survivor I implore you not to cast doubt on the process of victims coming forward. People use social media instead of the police because it’s easier. It was easier for me to come out on Facebook than to tell close friends and family one on one.
I an a survivor as well. An older woman tried to coerce me into sex I didn't want so I can associate with you. I just wish more men would speak up. I truly believe that most women, like most men are good people. I am absolutely genuine in my concern for both genders. I only stick up for men as society and the media generally completely ignore men and men's issues.

I am not trying to demonize women, but further to your point children are killed and abused more by their mother than father. I have links to many studies that prove that. The point is not to demonize women but to show that it is just another fact we never hear about in the media. As well, women (even mothers) can be pedophiles, and in much greater numbers than is known, we just never hear about it. I just want it to be known that peolpe can commit crimes, regardless of gender, and that is the message that should be out there.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 5:13 AM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLLB View Post
I an a survivor as well. An older woman tried to coerce me into sex I didn't want so I can associate with you. I just wish more men would speak up. I truly believe that most women, like most men are good people. I am absolutely genuine in my concern for both genders. I only stick up for men as society and the media generally completely ignore men and men's issues.

I am not trying to demonize women, but further to your point children are killed and abused more by their mother than father. I have links to many studies that prove that. The point is not to demonize women but to show that it is just another fact we never hear about in the media. As well, women (even mothers) can be pedophiles, and in much greater numbers than is known, we just never hear about it. I just want it to be known that peolpe can commit crimes, regardless of gender, and that is the message that should be out there.
You are my brother and I understand your pain and frustration. Female on male abuse needs to be talked about more. Please read earlier portions of this thread for extensive talks we had about female abusers and what happened to me and others. I sincerely hope Me Too will bring society to a point where male survivors of female abusers feel comfortable coming forward more. For proof of what you are saying about the prevalence of female abusers you are now the 4th or 5th guy to come forward in this forum who had a female perpetrator. There was also one survivor of a male attacker. Just in our microcosm here that’s like an 80% ratio of survivors of female abusers.

I’m sorry I misunderstood you earlier and questioned your motives.

Last edited by O-tacular; Feb 9, 2018 at 5:25 AM.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 6:28 AM

Quote:
You are my brother and I understand your pain and frustration. Female on male abuse needs to be talked about more. Please read earlier portions of this thread for extensive talks we had about female abusers and what happened to me and others. I sincerely hope Me Too will bring society to a point where male survivors of female abusers feel comfortable coming forward more. For proof of what you are saying about the prevalence of female abusers you are now the 4th or 5th guy to come forward in this forum who had a female perpetrator. There was also one survivor of a male attacker. Just in our microcosm here that’s like an 80% ratio of survivors of female abusers.

I’m sorry I misunderstood you earlier and questioned your motives.
I hope so much that will happen as well as it has been hidden for too long and I have also done some research on the impact it can have on males. Studies have shown that the so-called "lucky guy" syndrome is wrong and not the reality, and that males are affected the same way as females.

No apology necessary at all. It is a very strange but good feeling to hear other men talk about it as for far too long and men have been totally ignored. Gender should never be the issue in these situations.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 6:41 AM

Quote:
You are my brother and I understand your pain and frustration.
I am not trying to go on too much about the point. I have done a lot of research and it is far more common than is known or acknowledged by society. Take care.

Women Need To Be Educated About Sexual Consent From Men, Right Now They Aren’t
“43% of high school boys and young college men reported they had an unwanted sexual experience and of those, 95% said a female acquaintance was the aggressor.”
http://thoughtcatalog.com/janet-bloo...ow-they-arent/

A new study challenges some widely held assumptions about coercion, sexual assault and gender. According to a paper published in the American Psychological Association journal, Psychology of Men and Masculinity, 43% of high school and college-aged men say they’ve had “unwanted sexual contact,” and 95% of those say a female acquaintance was the aggressor.
NEARLY HALF OF YOUNG MEN SAY THEY’VE HAD UNWANTED SEX. New study says it's possible for women to rape men: 18% of surveyed guys say WOMEN USED PHYSICAL FORCE TO MAKE THEM HAVE SEX AGAINST THEIR WILL
http://time.com/37337/nearly-half-of...-unwanted-sex/
http://www.apa.org/pubs/journals/rel...n-a0035915.pdf

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 4:15 PM
Fake News

I just wanted to point out that Me Too is more than just a campaign against men and media celebrities. We are all engaging in this movement right now simply by talking about our pasts. By sharing the way you did DLLB you are standing up and including yourself and saying "Me too".

Last edited by O-tacular; Feb 9, 2018 at 6:11 PM.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 4:19 PM
Fake News

This article perfectly sums up the whole false allegation argument.

Quote:
There's a pattern to credible #MeToo allegations. The one against Steve Paikin doesn't fit: Robyn Urback

Excerpt:

There is of course the possibility Thomson's allegation is true. And indeed, some people will insist that all women — Thomson included — are to be believed regardless of whether there is evidence to support their assertions. But to subscribe to such a world view requires a willingness to sacrifice any man's reputation and livelihood simply for the sake of a principle, regardless of whether he actually did something wrong. We have the capacity to weigh probabilities and analyze information for a reason. Justice is hardly served by setting those capabilities aside.
Vetting rumours

Readers often accuse those in the media of rushing to judgment on these sorts of things. On that note, I'll let you in on a little Media Party secret: most bombshell allegations of sexual impropriety are rarely bombshells in newsrooms. There were rumours about Jian Ghomeshi. Rumours about Patrick Brown. Rumours about other high-profile men whose stories may or may not ever become public. It's possible I'm out of the loop on this one, but as far as I know, Paikin's name was never in that mill.

A former colleague recently pointed out to me that readers might perceive an absence of due process in #MeToo cases because they are never privy to those rumours, nor do they hear about the extensive research that is necessary to turn a rumour into a publishable report. Hours are spent interviewing friends, family members, colleagues, poring over saved social media posts, reviewing cellphone records, vetting drafts with lawyers and so forth.

Ultimately, we're all terrified of getting it wrong, knowing that our news outlet's reputation is on the line, along with the reputation of the man in question. The decision to publish is never taken lightly.

All of which is to say, unless you believe the theory that Fake News is everywhere, there is good reason to trust in the veracity of allegations reported in the mainstream media.

And one more thing. Many people will take the case of Steve Paikin as evidence #MeToo has gone off the rails: that a man can be destroyed by a single allegation. If anything, it shows the opposite: that evidence, corroboration and good judgment still matter, and that in the absence of a reasonable degree of proof, a man's reputation can withstand a claim of impropriety (this is not to minimize the personal turmoil Paikin must have endured over the past week, mind you).

Paikin is still in his hosting chair and will soon moderate an upcoming debate for the Ontario PC leadership. And unless there is corroborating evidence to the contrary, that's exactly where he should be.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/me-too-paikin-1.4527003

Last edited by O-tacular; Feb 9, 2018 at 6:08 PM.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 4:40 PM
sick transit, gloria

Quote:
This article perfectly sums up the whole false allegation argument.

There's a pattern to credible #MeToo allegations. The one against Steve Paikin doesn't fit: Robyn Urback

Excerpt:
Readers often accuse those in the media of rushing to judgment on these sorts of things. On that note, I'll let you in on a little Media Party secret: most bombshell allegations of sexual impropriety are rarely bombshells in newsrooms. There were rumours about Jian Ghomeshi. Rumours about Patrick Brown. Rumours about other high-profile men whose stories may or may not ever become public. It's possible I'm out of the loop on this one, but as far as I know, Paikin's name was never in that mill.

A former colleague recently pointed out to me that readers might perceive an absence of due process in #MeToo cases because they are never privy to those rumours, nor do they hear about the extensive research that is necessary to turn a rumour into a publishable report. Hours are spent interviewing friends, family members, colleagues, poring over saved social media posts, reviewing cellphone records, vetting drafts with lawyers and so forth.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/me-too-paikin-1.4527003

Yep, good article. And I can't reiterate the above point enough. These things were all talked about, checked and then run through legal before ever seeing the light of day. In the case of Patrick Brown the story was actually being worked on before #metoo was even really a thing. The reason we are hearing about the Paikin thing is because TVO (almost certainly with his blessing) issued the statement to media themselves.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 5:09 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Quote:
When it happened to me, I did not come forward, and the perpetrator went on doing the same thing to other people...eventually someone brought her to court, and the victim lost due to a lack of people corroborating the events...and there were witnesses, and there were other people that could have (should have, including me) spoken up in support.

I clearly remember being bullied by several regional managers (this was a big multinational corporation) to give statements to support her, and if we couldn't do that, at least not say anything. It worked. None of us said anything, and we all knew it to be true.

A few months after the trial, I quit my job. A few months later, with my degree in hand, I moved to the other side of the country.

How could it have happened to me? I have always been fit; I have lifted weights since my early teens. I am not a pushover. I was not a virgin, and I had had numerous girlfriends by that point. What happened? A lot of alcohol (at an unofficial staff party that she was hosting at her house)...I also strongly suspect something else was put into one of my drinks. There was a blackout...then...when I regained consciousness, it was happening.
This M/O was repeated on others. Quite a few. This didn't have to happen to me or to those other victims before and after. if only someone had the courage to speak out. If only people were willing to listen and take it seriously. If only we weren't bullied by people having power over us. If..

I think I have just spoken more fully about this than any time since these events occurred...nearly a quarter century ago.

And my story, shame, and pain is nothing stacked against the stories and aftermaths I have heard over the years from several women in my life.

Last edited by MolsonExport; Feb 9, 2018 at 5:31 PM.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 5:41 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post
When it happened to me, I did not come forward, and the perpetrator went on doing the same thing to other people...eventually someone brought her to court, and the victim lost due to a lack of people corroborating the events...and there were witnesses, and there were other people that could have (should have, including me) spoken up in support.

I clearly remember being bullied by several regional managers to give statements to support her, and if we couldn't do that, at least not say anything. It worked. None of us said anything, and we all knew it to be true.
Damn. That is awful and unacceptable. If it happened today I would hope that things would be different. There is a tide rising that is going to wash away the scum and it doesn't matter if they are men or women.

This almost makes me want to start a hashtag for men. Not sure if it would ever get the attention to actually gain relevance though unless it were connected to a celebrity.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 5:59 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by MolsonExport View Post

A few months after the trial, I quit my job. A few months later, with my degree in hand, I moved to the other side of the country.

How could it have happened to me? I have always been fit; I have lifted weights since my early teens. I am not a pushover. I was not a virgin, and I had had numerous girlfriends by that point. What happened? A lot of alcohol (at an unofficial staff party that she was hosting at her house)...I also strongly suspect something else was put into one of my drinks. There was a blackout...then...when I regained consciousness, it was happening.
This M/O was repeated on others. Quite a few. This didn't have to happen to me or to those other victims before and after. if only someone had the courage to speak out. If only people were willing to listen and take it seriously. If only we weren't bullied by people having power over us. If..

I think I have just spoken more fully about this than any time since these events occurred...nearly a quarter century ago.

And my story, shame, and pain is nothing stacked against the stories and aftermaths I have heard over the years from several women in my life.
Thank you for sharing. So she raped you then. That's what it was. Your story and your shame are as real as any other survivor's. It's funny my counselor was also a survivor and he had a harder story than mine involving incest and physical abuse. I told him that my story felt not so bad in comparison and that I felt guilty for being as torn up as I was when he clearly overcame worse. He told me that all survivors struggle with this and find ways of minimizing what happened to them. There's always a worse lot in life. At least you don't live in a war torn country. At least you weren't gang raped. At least you didn't become a prostitute etc. etc. I was sexually abused as a four year old. You can't get much more horrible than that. And yet, I felt and still feel to a degree, like I was still lucky in life because at least I didn't come from a broken home and my abuser wasn't a family member. The point is that shame that you carry inside doesn't compare itself to others. It eats you alive whether you were raped or molested or groped or degraded in any other way. You had your most basic right as a human being stolen from you. That of being in control of your own body. You had a physiological response that they claimed showed you "enjoyed it" even though every fibre of your being was screaming out in opposition. You were made to feel complicit.

My father in law was also raped by a woman and it has left him damaged and emotionally unavailable to my wife and the rest of his family. He is a ghost really. A sad shadow consumed with work and unable to open up and connect with those who love him. This shit ruins lives. These perpetrators steal a piece of you that can never fully come back. They taint us and leave us scarred and afraid. And they hide behind that veil of shame. They escape prosecution by gaslighting their victims and living in the shadows of memory too horrible to be acknowledged. They are like an infection or an illness. A disease that needs to be exposed to the light of day in order to die.

I believe that what you experienced Molson was every bit as horrible as what I did. I believe that it has caused you untold suffering whether conscious or not. I share your shame and pain. You deserve to be heard as much as anyone else.

Edit: I hope I wasn’t presumptuous in what I said. I just wanted to make the point that you shouldn’t minimize your pain by comparing to others.

Last edited by O-tacular; Feb 9, 2018 at 7:44 PM.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 7:57 PM
Fake News

I think men need to re-evaluate society’s ideas surrounding masculinity. Until we start speaking out against toxic narratives about alpha males and virility and “being a man” there will continue to be sexual assaults of women played off as part of “the chase” and male victims shamed into silence for being hurt by something we are told is only ever a good thing for guys (sex).

Old Posted Feb 9, 2018, 8:49 PM

Quote:
I think men need to re-evaluate society’s ideas surrounding masculinity. Until we start speaking out against toxic narratives about alpha males and virility and “being a man” there will continue to be sexual assaults of women played off as part of “the chase” and male victims shamed into silence for being hurt by something we are told is only ever a good thing for guys (sex).
I do see change happening in society slowly but to automatically change human nature overnight will not happen. The lines are clearly blurred on what is harassment and what is not and a line will hopefully be put forward with this movement.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2018, 2:05 AM
I am a typical

Quote:
100% this!! #smashthepatriarchy

Old Posted Feb 10, 2018, 2:16 AM

Quote:
As a society we must start to realize that sexual abuse in non gendered, both genders are affected by it and deserve help.

Long Term Effects of Sexual Abuse by a Female
http://www.femalesexoffenders.org/20...se-by-a-female

Report warns boys are missing out on help to escape sexual exploitation
Boys who become the victims of sexual exploitation often miss out on help and support because they are more reluctant than girls to admit their abuse, a charity is warning.
http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2016-0...-exploitation/

Study finds girls molest young boys
Researchers into sexual abuse by girls say female sexual offending is chronically under-reported and specialized rehabilitation programmes are urgently needed.
http://canadiancrc.com/newspaper_art...s_01JUL04.aspx

Old Posted Feb 10, 2018, 2:18 AM
♒︎ Empirically Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kel View Post
I do see change happening in society slowly but to automatically change human nature overnight will not happen. The lines are clearly blurred on what is harassment and what is not and a line will hopefully be put forward with this movement.

Change is happening faster than any other time in human history. People fail to acknowledge that the present is a better time for social equality, feminism, women's rights, etc. than ever before. However, because our society now has the ability to change social mores almost instantly there is also more risk of unexpected consequences such as social instability.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada