HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Mar 22, 2013, 1:42 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

A little bit more information regarding this new building at 200 Champlain:

- square footage will be 60,000.
- the building will be owned by private investors from NS. The company is called Somerled
- the ground floor will be service oriented and retail, similar to Place 1604 next door. The middle three floors will be office and the top floor may be executive style residential condos. Just the type of urban infill everyone around here wants!
- there will possibly be underground parking.
- prospective tenants are all "new to the region"
- construction will likely begin in the fall.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2013, 5:21 PM
Our Tide is Rising

Awesome news!! That's a really HQ design...will do lots for that area, interested to hear who these "new to the area" tenants are

I will echo thoughts about Angie's...that place needs to go...that's the last hurdle for making downtown dieppe a real urban landscape.

I'll also say that I hope to see a day when downtown Moncton and dieppe "merge" to a certain degree. The new Marriott and chateau Moncton help and possible mid rise stuff like "valmond condos" and the building behind Irving would take it another huge step forward.

Old Posted Mar 22, 2013, 9:12 PM

Another addition would be to remove that strip mall beside angies. Two nice buildings like this one here and we would be looking at a beautiful Start to a DT Dieppe.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2013, 5:00 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

This is a rendering of the planned new fire station on Dieppe Blvd

Old Posted Mar 26, 2013, 5:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
This is a rendering of the planned new fire station on Dieppe Blvd
Not bad... for a fire station.

Is construction starting this summer?

Old Posted Mar 26, 2013, 5:32 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
Not bad... for a fire station.

Is construction starting this summer?
Yep, not bad.

Completion is set for the end of 2014. I don't know if that means they are starting this year or not.

Moncton is building a new fire station on Elmwood Drive this year too.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2013, 6:28 PM

Quote:
Moncton is building a new fire station on Elmwood Drive this year too.
Yes and it is apparently an additional station and not a replacement for the McLaughlin fire station... which I think was first speculated about here in the forum.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2013, 8:54 PM

Quote:
Yes and it is apparently an additional station and not a replacement for the McLaughlin fire station... which I think was first speculated about here in the forum.
It is 100% a replacement for station 1 on McLaughlin. Not a 6th station for Moncton.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2013, 9:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Boy View Post
It is 100% a replacement for station 1 on McLaughlin. Not a 6th station for Moncton.
I had heard this from a city firefighter. You seem to be pretty confidant, I guess my source may have been mistaken. The McLaughlin station seems to be pretty run down too.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2013, 9:06 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Boy View Post
I agree. The McLaughlin Rd fire station is definitely closing.

I think NBNYer may be confused over recent chatter over the future of the Brandon Street fire station. There was some thought that that station might be closing, but it is only being reduced to more of a back-up status.

The city of Moncton will continue to have five fire stations total. With this new (second) station in Dieppe, and the station in Riverview, there will be eight fire stations in the tri-communities.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2013, 1:56 AM

It was reported by RC that the City of Dieppe plans on expanding its city limits towards the northeast and to eventually meet up with the newly expanded Shediac town limits. The mayor is reported to have said that major projects are coming in the area adjacent to the airport and the city wants to expand in that direction to allow for growth within the city limits.

I wonder if having Shediac contiguous with the CMA boundary would have any positive effect on the potential incorporation of the town into a newly expanded CMA. It's been mentioned here before, but for all intents and purposes, Shediac is without a doubt, already part of the Greater Moncton area. Having it within the CMA would make sense, and may push up the numbers for the CMA by 6000-7000+ residents overnight (depending on how much of the communities adjacent to Shediac would be included such as Pointe-du-Chene, Shediac Cape etc..)

He also hinted at the reconstruction of Acadie Avenue to alleviate the recurrent flooding problem in the marsh area.

Source

Old Posted Apr 23, 2013, 2:19 AM
Moderator / Supervillain

It wouldn't matter if they're touching. A community gets added to a CMA if a certain percentage of the community commutes into the CMA (I dont' remember the exact number but I think it's 80%), or if there's a large degree of people from either town commuting to each other. I imagine Shediac will get added fairly soon though.

Old Posted Apr 23, 2013, 5:40 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Some further elaboration on Mayor LaPierre's State of the City address.

- The province is kicking in $200k for initial planning in preparation for reconstruction work on Acadie Ave. The whole project will cost $9M, and they want to have all the planning groundwork laid before the next federal infrastructure program kicks in.

- The section of Dieppe Blvd between Champlain and Veteran's Highway is slated for major work this year and next. This is a $2.3M project, and the province is contributing at least $500k. The street will be widened and turning lanes installed. Signalization will be improved. This will certainly enhance traffic flow but there are currently no plans to widen the overpass.

- Apparently the newly extended section of Aviation Avenue is paying big dividends for the municipality. It opened 150 acres of land for development in the air industrial park and apparently, half of this land is already sold with another 30 acres under option! Malley Industries is already operating there, with another two properties currently under construction. According to the mayor, construction on two more projects in the industrial park are "imminent". (come on Myles, fess up. Who will your new neighbours be!!)

Old Posted Apr 23, 2013, 7:28 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

Truthfully I honestly have no idea who's building the lot across from us or the other two prospects. As for the one next to us, I'm told it's a company from the older part of the park relocating, but as far as I know they haven't announced it yet.

Old Posted Apr 25, 2013, 11:44 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Apparently the renovations on the Paul St liquor store are now complete and the store has reopened.

Old Posted May 2, 2013, 9:44 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Le St. Germain near Dieppe Blvd - phase two current status:

Old Posted May 4, 2013, 1:50 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

I have made a little diagram with google mapmaker showing the routing of the proposed final extension of Dieppe Blvd to the Dover Road.

I am not aware of any timetable on this, but a short extension will be added by next year to accommodate the new fire station on Dieppe Blvd.

Old Posted May 4, 2013, 2:37 PM

Quote:
I have made a little diagram with google mapmaker showing the routing of the proposed final extension of Dieppe Blvd to the Dover Road.

I am not aware of any timetable on this, but a short extension will be added by next year to accommodate the new fire station on Dieppe Blvd.
If you zoom in close enough on google maps, you'll see where some of the existing streets on the west side will be extended to intersect with the boulevard.

Old Posted May 4, 2013, 7:08 PM
I have no Title

Quote:
If you zoom in close enough on google maps, you'll see where some of the existing streets on the west side will be extended to intersect with the boulevard.
interestingly enough, this trick works for a number of places. Check out the shediac exit for the proposed route 11 rerouting.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2013, 3:43 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

This is partly a thread bump because no one has posted anything about Dieppe in the last couple of months:

The feds and the City of Dieppe are combining to fund a refurbishment of the tennis facility in Parc Cousteau Park to meet Tennis Canada standards. The total cost will be $550k.

Six courts will recieve a facelift with new nets, posts, fencing, walkways, shrubbery and permanent spectator seating so that the facility can compete for regional and national tournaments.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces