HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Diagrams

Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 1:43 PM

Made a mistake with Image Upload, What Do I Do Now?

Hi, love this site and thought I'd give drawing a building I love a go that is in the database but without a picture. The building is Bunbury Tower, the tallest building in regional Western Australia at 70m tall. You can find the skyscraper page here: https://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?buildingID=37608

Here is a photo of the building from wotif.com on their Bunbury Travel Guide:

After careful analysis of the building, I draw a large version diagram of the building (removed image to protect copyright)

I then incorrectly made this small version with a green background and didn't fix the blur effect from resizing:

I then went ahead and submitted it to the database but it looks awful, I'm so embarrassed! I would much prefer they use this improved scale version I made that is also less blurry:

I've attempted to tell them this here by linking them to the correct file on sendspace:

Just wondering if this is enough, will they use the improved version rather than the green outlined blurry failure?

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks

Last edited by AstralPhaser; Dec 14, 2018 at 10:25 PM.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 3:21 PM

OK, let me try to give some tips.

I don't think that would be enough, but it's easy to fix the problem by yourself.
You can re-upload the drawing.

On the "Upload Drawing" page for the building, you will see the following option: "Select an existing drawing of yours to replace/delete", with a picture of your drawing and a button right under it. Click this button to upload your new version and replace your drawing.

Note that, even though both drawings, new and old, will appear on the "Drawings Pending Approval" page; if your drawing is approved, the old one will be deleted (go to the "Deleted Drawings" page).

Furthermore, you can even upload the original large PNG image which you posted here, under the "Original PNG" on the upload page; however that's not required.

Anyway, hope this advice from an average user helps.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2018, 10:24 PM

Thanks for your Advice Highriser!

In the end though, I woke up this morning, read your comment and then went to make the changes, went to my drawing and saw "approved by Dylan L". He had used the right image too!

Thanks so much!

It feels so funny now to type "Hobart, Bunbury" into the Australian cities and see my drawing appear there now, and considering Bunbury is a regional city and Hobart is a capital city... Bunbury Tower is taller than almost all the buildings in Hobart !

Old Posted Dec 15, 2018, 12:20 AM

Good to see that this was already solved.

(By the way, nice drawing for a first try.)

Old Posted Dec 15, 2018, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highriser_P_28 View Post
(By the way, nice drawing for a first try.)
Thanks, I’ve got no training in drawing in real life (paper) or on pc, just gave it a go with my primative skills, using basic shape tools in fireworks and it turned out to be at a level decent enough for this site, that being said though, I’ve seen so much talent by other people on this site with amazing diagrams/drawings so congrats to you all for an amazing site full of incredible diagrams!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Diagrams & Database > Diagrams