HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Dec 22, 2009, 6:20 PM
Chairman

Main Place is going to make a noticeble impact on the skyline while driving southbound on US 59. Speaking of which, will US 59 still be the alignment for I-69 through Houston?

Very interesting updates, especially the Woodlands. I had no idea it was suppose to be that large in size.

-sb

Old Posted Dec 22, 2009, 10:17 PM

Great showoff of Houston!

Old Posted Jan 15, 2010, 3:05 PM

Just some random pics all over the city that I took sometime around New Years.

New BP Building, in the Energy Corridor. LEED Platinum, opening early 2010. I was not allowed on site, so I just took pics from the service road.

West Avenue:

City Centre infill development. Located on the site of the former Town & Country mall.

Looks like a glorified strip mall of some sort!

Hotel Sorella

The Green

The base of the Sorella is quite nice!

Old Posted Jan 17, 2010, 6:50 AM
Ya Dig!!

Wow West Ave looks very nice. Once they get those stores filled up, it will look even better. Probably my second favorite project after Regent Square.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2010, 8:08 AM

Houston Business Journal reports a massive complex for Exxon/Mobile that will 'clearly happen.' It will be built where the Hardy Toll Road intersects with I-45 in Spring at the Montgomery/Harris County line. This complex could total a couple million square feet as they consolidate offices from around the country. This massive complex (think HP complex as far as asthetics go) will house people from the Virginia offices as well as others from around Houston.

http://houston.bizjournals.com/houston/stories/2010/01/18/story2.html?b=1263790800^2732161

Here's the same article. Makes it easier for you guys...

EXXON MOBIL CAMPUS 'CLEARLY HAPPENING'

Real estate professionals say a long-running rumor is now a sure thing — Exxon Mobil Corp. plans to build a large corporate campus near the town of Spring.

“Exxon Mobil’s campus is clearly happening,” according to Sanford Criner, an executive vice president with CB Richard Ellis Inc.

Criner’s declaration came during a Jan. 7 presentation at the real estate firm’s downtown offices.

He declined to disclose the source of his information concerning Exxon’s project slated for the west side of Interstate 45, where the Hardy Toll Road intersects the freeway.

“It is uniformly believed in the real estate community that Exxon is developing a new campus,” Criner said. “That’s a huge story.”

Speculation has ebbed and flowed over the past few months that the world’s largest publicly traded international oil and gas company planned to buy roughly 400 acres to consolidate thousands of employees from Houston and Fairfax, Va.

In the Houston area alone, Irving-based Exxon has people working in more than two-dozen locations who are expected to share a single address in the future.

Criner said the relocation would be a big blow to the Greenspoint area, where Exxon leases 2 million square feet of office space for 6,000 employees. Employees downtown and those in company-owned buildings would not move to the new location.

In attendance at the CBRE meeting was Jack Drake, president of the Greater Greenspoint Management District.

When asked to comment on Exxon’s exit, Drake wryly replied that George Bush Intercontinental Airport is not leaving Greenspoint, and neither are Beltway 8 and Interstate 45.

Covert developments
Exxon keeps a tight lid on information regarding real estate plans, and would not comment for this story.

The conglomerate with an estimated 104,000 employees worldwide avoids discussion of operational activities.

In deference to Exxon’s covert character, businesspeople with knowledge of the company’s plans would only speak off the record.

Sources who received campus details directly from Exxon or others connected to the deal paint a picture of an elaborate complex north of Houston, possibly with several million square feet of space.

“They’re doing it,” one well-placed source states emphatically.

In other recent developments cited by sources:

• Exxon sent a company e-mail informing employees that the company is conducting an analysis of U.S. office buildings, but no decision on a Harris County campus is anticipated until the study is complete in 2011.

• Deed records show an entity purchased a large amount of acreage late last year at the Interstate 45 site, bordered on the north by Spring Creek. The entity, believed to be connected to Exxon, purchased 400 acres of vacant land from New York-based Coventry Development Co., which owned as much as 1,500 acres in the area through affiliate Springwoods Realty Co.

Executives with Coventry, which developed the local Baybrook Mall, did not respond to phone calls regarding the land.

Activity on the potential site indicates development is in the offing, whether it involves Exxon or not.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2010, 7:01 PM

Hess Tower has topped off, and the Embassy Suites had just gotten above ground earlier this month.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/42761264@N07/4297747244/

It also looks like MainPlace has begun work on its "sky garden" floors....

Old Posted Jan 28, 2010, 5:14 AM
disorient yourself?

Just announced this week - a new 14 story office building on Post Oak Blvd @ Hidalgo. Construction starts (with or without pre-leasing) in late 2010.
http://houston.bizjournals.com/houst...95600^2772881#

Old Posted Jan 28, 2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverberation View Post
Just announced this week - a new 14 story office building on Post Oak Blvd @ Hidalgo. Construction starts (with or without pre-leasing) in late 2010.
http://houston.bizjournals.com/houst...95600^2772881#

nice. usually function always beats accents anyway.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2010, 6:21 AM
Endless Moments...

Always nice to see something new in the galleria...
Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2010, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex01 View Post
Always nice to see something new in the galleria...
Indeed. I still dream of the day when a new +500 ft tower will be built in the Galleria area, Transco Tower (I prefer that name) looks lonely sometimes over there.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2010, 9:00 PM

I'd like to see downtown and uptown connect one day. Have a Chicago style skyline that has many 500+ ft. towers stretching for miles along the lakeshore or in this case, along Memorial Park, Allen Parkway, I-10 and 59. Expand Greenway, make extend downtown west instead of east and do the same for uptown.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2010, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherguru18 View Post
I'd like to see downtown and uptown connect one day. Have a Chicago style skyline that has many 500+ ft. towers stretching for miles along the lakeshore or in this case, along Memorial Park, Allen Parkway, I-10 and 59. Expand Greenway, make extend downtown west instead of east and do the same for uptown.
imo the damage has already been done but the further decentralization makes the city even more unmanageable even if it is only the inner loop or the circumference of.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2010, 2:09 AM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherguru18 View Post
I like that idea as well. By connecting downtown and uptown with multiple towers, we eventually have the inner city density that many of us have been hoping for. I can see a lot of challenges to the details, but it can probably be done in the long run.

Last edited by Dan Denson; Jan 30, 2010 at 3:18 AM.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2010, 3:36 PM

I'd rather see it fill in the area between the Med Center and downtown. You already have midtown and some newer dense developments plus there's the rail so I could definitely see the area filling in some day.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2010, 3:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
I'd rather see it fill in the area between the Med Center and downtown. You already have midtown and some newer dense developments plus there's the rail so I could definitely see the area filling in some day.
Yeah, and thats more likely(and easier) to do than Dowtown to Uptown.

You already have the scattered high-rises of Midtown(like HCC), Allen Parkway(AIG and the Royalton, etc), and the Museum District(Hotel Zaza, etc)

Old Posted Jan 30, 2010, 11:11 PM

Embassy Jan30th

Old Posted Jan 31, 2010, 12:07 AM

That structure on the Embassy Suites looks wierd, looks like it's hanging off or something.

Old Posted Feb 5, 2010, 7:57 AM

Downtown and Uptown will never connect with highrises due to the HUGE area called Memorial Park (to the North of Buffalo Bayou) and The River Oaks Country Club (to the South of the bayou).

I agree with the poster above, I'd love to see Downtown and The Texas Medical Center connect. That is more possible even with Hermann Park in the way...

DOWNTOWN
MIDTOWN/MONTROSE
MUSEUM DISTRICT/PARK PLAZA HOSPITAL
HERMANN PARK/ALMEDA ROAD
TEXAS MED CENTER

Old Posted Feb 6, 2010, 7:32 PM
Endless Moments...

I just want to see another 1000 footer, go up in downtown. That would be nice. Make it 1275 Feet, with a nice spire. Yes I would like that very much...

Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2010, 3:27 AM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasta View Post
Downtown and Uptown will never connect with highrises due to the HUGE area called Memorial Park (to the North of Buffalo Bayou) and The River Oaks Country Club (to the South of the bayou).

I agree with the poster above, I'd love to see Downtown and The Texas Medical Center connect. That is more possible even with Hermann Park in the way...
don't know about that. well established neighborhoods and a freeway separating the two areas.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations