HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Nov 4, 2012, 5:40 PM
Got Rock?

Just found some pics you might enjoy.

All my pics I took personally and are for anyone to download, keep share or whatever...

Press Box showing the temporary elevator.

Old Posted Nov 11, 2012, 9:26 PM
All man. Half nuts.

interesting to note that with the stadium expanded to 37,000 this year, we have yet to get an official sellout.

wonder if it's because of the fair-weather fans leaving after the post-moore era, or if prices have finally gone too high for this valley. there certainly shouldn't have been a lack of interest for the BYU game earlier this year.

Old Posted Nov 12, 2012, 8:00 AM

Well, I know I'd be there for every game even if we went 0-12 I just can't afford it yet. I think the valley is plenty big enough to support a 40k stadium and it's growing so fast it would catch up quick, just think we need more work ;]

Old Posted Dec 26, 2012, 4:33 PM

Unless I missed it in this thread, we have forgotten to mention the Simplot Sports Complex which includes 20 soccer fields and 15 little league fields. It has hosted several regional soccer championship tournaments and has been reffered to as one of the best city run soccer complexes.

http://parks.cityofboise.org/media/6...estMap2011.pdf

Old Posted Feb 15, 2013, 2:02 AM

So I just happened to be playing around on Google Maps just now and noticed something about Bronco Stadium. Look at the Northwest corner. See that curved stadium looking piece? What is that all about? Was that there this season? I never made a home game so I'm just curious if that is new or existing?

Last edited by Evo5Boise; Feb 15, 2013 at 2:04 AM. Reason: typo/spelling

Old Posted Feb 15, 2013, 4:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo5Boise View Post
So I just happened to be playing around on Google Maps just now and noticed something about Bronco Stadium. Look at the Northwest corner. See that curved stadium looking piece? What is that all about? Was that there this season? I never made a home game so I'm just curious if that is new or existing?

Yep, it was there new for the 2012 season. I believe a total of around 3K seats were added to the end zones last year bring the total to capacity to 37K. Not a bad seat in the house now.

On the subject of Bronco stadium, it would be nice if we could get some new pictures of the progress on the new football facility.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2013, 6:28 PM
All man. Half nuts.

i haven't seen updates on the football facility for awhile, either, though when i drive by on broadway it pretty much looks the same as it did and the end of the season.

i'd guess most of the work is internal right now.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2013, 3:45 AM

Well, shows how much I paid attention last year.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2013, 8:51 PM
Dare Mighty Things

Not development related but... AWESOME NEWS for Boise State fans.

Florida State, Boise State book 2-game series

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...wo-game-series

Quote:
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. -- Florida State and Boise State will play a home-and-home series in 2019 and 2020, the schools announced Monday.

Under the weight of heavy criticism for a weak nonconference slate in each of the past two seasons, Florida State was looking for a marquee opponent for a home-and-home series, and athletics director Randy Spetman said the Broncos provided an ideal fit.

"Boise State has an excellent football program, and we feel this will be an out-of-conference game that will be exciting for fans of both schools and appealing to TV networks," Spetman said in a statement released by the school.

Boise State will travel to Tallahassee in 2019 for a game scheduled for Sept. 7. Florida State makes the return trip to Idaho on Sept. 14, 2020. The two schools will exchange $400,000 guarantees for the games.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2013, 12:38 AM
All man. Half nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseAirport View Post
Not development related but... AWESOME NEWS for Boise State fans.

Florida State, Boise State book 2-game series

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...wo-game-series

i'd be willing to bet that florida state only agreed to the boise game if bronco stadium has been expanded to a certain capacity by then, so that may expedite future build-out.

if that's the case, my guess is it'll need to be in the 45,000 to 50,000 range, which is doable by 2020.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2013, 8:11 PM
All man. Half nuts.

coach petersen was on KTIK last night and talked about the new football facility.

he didn't get into much detail, but it's clear that he's completely jacked up about the place.

the exterior design is pretty much blah, but it sounds like the interior is going to be first class all the way.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boisebro View Post
coach petersen was on KTIK last night and talked about the new football facility.

he didn't get into much detail, but it's clear that he's completely jacked up about the place.

the exterior design is pretty much blah, but it sounds like the interior is going to be first class all the way.
It's too bad that they didn't make the building more Architecturally Appealing. Surprising since it'll be seen nationally during footballs games.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2013, 7:55 PM
Dare Mighty Things

Just announced, the NBA will play in Boise in October.

Portland Trail Blazers to play Utah Jazz in Boise

March 14th, 2013

Read more: http://www.idahopress.com/blogs/spor...a4bcf887a.html

Quote:
The Portland Trail Blazers will play the Utah Jazz in a preseason game at CenturyLink Arena in Boise Oct. 11, the Idaho Stampede announced today. The Trail Blazers are the NBA affiliate of the NBA Development League Stampede. Utah was affiliated with Idaho from 2006-07 and 2011-12.

"We're thrilled to showcase an NBA preseason game with our NBA hybrid single affiliate Portland Trail Blazers," Stampede president and general manager Steve Brandes said in a press release. "There are many Blazers fans in the Treasure Valley and Pacific Northwest, and playing in Boise will bring the highest level of basketball to the great state of Idaho. Playing the Utah Jazz, another great team with a fantastic local fan base, only adds to the value for our fans and fans of basketball."

Old Posted Mar 27, 2013, 8:47 PM
Dare Mighty Things

Davis Cup is Net Gain for Boise

March 27th, 2013

http://www.boiseweekly.com/boise/dav...nt?oid=2844734

Quote:
Most of us have good days and bad days. Greg Patton--the effervescent Boise State University tennis coach--has good days. Really good days. And Friday, April 5, he'll probably jump out of his skin.

"I'm on pins and needles," Patton told Boise Weekly in late January about the chance that Boise could play host to the Davis Cup Quarterfinals.

"You're looking at the happiest man, not in Boise, not in Idaho, but in the entire United States right here, right now," Patton told BW a few of weeks later, when U.S. Tennis Association officials flew into town to officially announce that Boise had secured the Davis Cup competition. When the three-day tournament gets under way at Boise State's Taco Bell Arena, Patton said he'll feel like he's at the rock concert of his dreams.
I hate to put a wet blanket on this very positive article, but I've heard ticket sales have been a bit disappointing... officials have been hoping for a sell out but with only about a week to go there's still plenty of tickets available.

C'mon Boiseans! Scoop up those tickets! At least attend the free ceremonies at CenturyLink if it's too expensive. Let's show the world we're a great tennis town!

Old Posted Mar 28, 2013, 6:39 PM
All man. Half nuts.

the problem with the davis cup ticket sales is that you have to buy tickets for all THREE days, and the tickets are quite expensive.

i know plenty of tennis fans who were disgusted when they heard that they couldn't buy tickets to just one day. it's especially tough for families to commit to multiple nights out like that.

kind of reminds me of when roy jones jr had a boxing match in boise. there was plenty of excitement until they decided to charge $250 per seat. i think they were lucky to get 1,000 people to show for that, despite that the promoter was expecting a sellout of 6,000.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2013, 9:54 PM
Dare Mighty Things

The Davis Cup is almost here!!! Anybody going to the free ceremonies and trainings on Tuesday and Wednesday? I'm planning on it.

Serbia trains in the TBA.

Novak Djokovic has arrived!

There was another photo of the whole team in Boise but it seems to have been taken down. Welcome to Boise, Team Serbia!!

Old Posted Mar 31, 2013, 10:19 PM

Quote:
the problem with the davis cup ticket sales is that you have to buy tickets for all THREE days, and the tickets are quite expensive.

i know plenty of tennis fans who were disgusted when they heard that they couldn't buy tickets to just one day. it's especially tough for families to commit to multiple nights out like that.

kind of reminds me of when roy jones jr had a boxing match in boise. there was plenty of excitement until they decided to charge $250 per seat. i think they were lucky to get 1,000 people to show for that, despite that the promoter was expecting a sellout of 6,000.
We were going to take the little conquistadors to a match, but having the buy the package turned us off of that.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2013, 4:04 AM
Dare Mighty Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by el conquistador View Post
We were going to take the little conquistadors to a match, but having the buy the package turned us off of that.
Quote:

Fret not! Single day tickets will be available on April 1st (tomorrow) starting at 10 a.m.

http://tacobellarena.com/2013/single...-quarterfinal/

The USTA announced today that single-day tickets for the 2013 Davis Cup by BNP Paribas World Group Quarterfinal tie between the United States and Serbia at the Taco Bell Arena in Boise, Idaho, April 5-7, have been released. Single-day tickets will be available for public sale starting on Monday, April 1, at 10:00 a.m. MT.

Tickets for the Friday, Saturday or Sunday session will be sold with prices from as low as $35 and up to $175. Three-day ticket packages remain available for sale starting at $90 for the three days. Tickets can be purchased:

Online at www.idahotickets.com
In-person at the Taco Bell Arena Box Office from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. MT, Monday-Friday
By phone at 1-888-484-8782

http://www.usta.com/Pro-Tennis/Davis...vis_cup_boise/

Old Posted Apr 1, 2013, 4:34 AM
Dare Mighty Things

Just saw this neat exchange on Twitter. I'll just put it right here...

John Isner: @JohnIsner: First time ever in Boise and I'm a big fan. My kind of town. Beautiful city

ESPN's Chris Fowler: @cbfowler: @JohnIsner I agree! Attractive, friendly place. And a little altitude! Best wishes up there!

Old Posted Apr 1, 2013, 2:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoiseAirport View Post
ESPN's Chris Fowler: @cbfowler: @JohnIsner I agree! Attractive, friendly place. And a little altitude! Best wishes up there!
Fowler said a similar thing when he came here for College Gameday a couple years ago. Reminded him a lot of his native Colorado, which is of course a common comparison.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West