HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Mar 1, 2008, 8:24 PM

Wasabi Sushi

Thanks to whoever suggested it -- it was *delicious*. We had the sashimi appetizer, a rainbow roll, a california roll, the stackDD roll, and some assorted nigiri.

Castleberry hill is still a little too rough for the liking but its getting better. Will definitely be going back to wasabi though.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2008, 10:50 PM

any all you can eat sushi in atlanta?

Old Posted Mar 1, 2008, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveAtlanta View Post
any all you can eat sushi in atlanta?
Ru sans (any of them) on sundays is the only one I know of.

It's obviously not the A+++++ stuff you're going to get, but for like $10 you can't beat it.

Hell, mediocre sushi is still better eats than most other foods in their primest state.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 6:55 AM
Transit Gloria Mundi

Wasabi is the greatest sushi in the city. It is the only sushi place I have ever eaten at anywhere in the U.S. that actually has a neighborhood feel to it; the locals at that place are cool as hell.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 3:43 PM

mediore sushi......

Quote:
Originally Posted by briantech View Post
Ru sans (any of them) on sundays is the only one I know of.

It's obviously not the A+++++ stuff you're going to get, but for like $10 you can't beat it.

Hell, mediocre sushi is still better eats than most other foods in their primest state.
I dont mean to sound snobbish, but I wouldnt touch mediocre sushi......remember its RAW fish!!!! So many unqualified "chefs" and restaurants are jumping on the sushi bandwagon. Only go to trained where there are highly trained sushi chefs for ONLY the freshest fish and properly prepared rice such as Taka and MF Buckhead.

This advice is not just for taste, but also for potential food poisoning......
American since 1-20-2009"

Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 3:45 PM

Ewww!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlMidtowner View Post
I dont mean to sound snobbish, but I wouldnt touch mediocre sushi......remember its RAW fish!!!! So many unqualified "chefs" and restaurants are jumping on the sushi bandwagon. Only go to trained where there are highly trained sushi chefs for ONLY the freshest fish and properly prepared rice such as Taka and MF Buckhead.

This advice is not just for taste, but also for potential food poisoning......
I'm Asian and I hate Sushi with a passion.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 6:12 PM

Another Wasabi Sushi just opened in Sandy Springs on Roswell Rd at 285 across from the old American Pie.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 10:02 PM

Hashiguchi Jr. at Around Lenox is very very good.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2008, 10:32 PM

Do any of those sushi place have cooked products or all of their foods raw? I have never been to any of them.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2008, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonheart8588 View Post
Do any of those sushi place have cooked products or all of their foods raw? I have never been to any of them.
Try Ru Sans. It's great. It's where i go for "mediocre" sushi. A lot of fried stuff. Wasabi is cooler to me but has less of a selection of the cooked stuff which is a non issue since I generally don't go for that stuff. Go for a shrimp tempura roll or spider roll (both cooked). Mediocre sushi is fine if you're not talking about freshness, but about preparation. MF, which is my favorite and I've been probably 30 + times over the last 2 years is the best, but you'll drop over 100 for 2 people easily. Wasabi is GREAT, it's just not as good as MF which is the best sushi in town in my opinion. You can eat until you burst at Ru Sans or Wasabi and spend under 70 bucks and the food will be very good and the atmosphere at both locations are great. For the money, you can’t beat Ru Sans or Wasabi.

I pretty much only go for nigiri now, and Wasabi and Ru Sans is excellent, just not the best, but they are not pricing themselves in that category. I say this just because it’s easy to make some rolls and get away with a poor product, but you can’t hide anything with nigiri or sashimi.

I used to hate sushi in high school but in college is was the "cool" thing to do. So I'd take girls on dates to sushi places and stick with California rolls and eel rolls, which is always cooked and still one of my favorites. Whenever I go out with a sushi noob I order them eel rolls (without telling them what it is) and they always love it. Eventually it really starts to grow on you, the flavors are very subtle but eventually you learn the differences in the fish and will start to prefer the nigiri and sashimi.

Give it a chance

Old Posted Jun 9, 2008, 1:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echinatl View Post
Try Ru Sans. It's great. It's where i go for "mediocre" sushi. A lot of fried stuff. Wasabi is cooler to me but has less of a selection of the cooked stuff which is a non issue since I generally don't go for that stuff. Go for a shrimp tempura roll or spider roll (both cooked). Mediocre sushi is fine if you're not talking about freshness, but about preparation. MF, which is my favorite and I've been probably 30 + times over the last 2 years is the best, but you'll drop over 100 for 2 people easily. Wasabi is GREAT, it's just not as good as MF which is the best sushi in town in my opinion. You can eat until you burst at Ru Sans or Wasabi and spend under 70 bucks and the food will be very good and the atmosphere at both locations are great. For the money, you can’t beat Ru Sans or Wasabi.

I pretty much only go for nigiri now, and Wasabi and Ru Sans is excellent, just not the best, but they are not pricing themselves in that category. I say this just because it’s easy to make some rolls and get away with a poor product, but you can’t hide anything with nigiri or sashimi.

I used to hate sushi in high school but in college is was the "cool" thing to do. So I'd take girls on dates to sushi places and stick with California rolls and eel rolls, which is always cooked and still one of my favorites. Whenever I go out with a sushi noob I order them eel rolls (without telling them what it is) and they always love it. Eventually it really starts to grow on you, the flavors are very subtle but eventually you learn the differences in the fish and will start to prefer the nigiri and sashimi.

Give it a chance
Thank you for your informative post. I will definitely will try one of those places.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta