HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific

Old Posted Dec 3, 2007, 1:51 PM

myanmar(burma)need a standard,code&practice.

In myanmar"s construction history(20floors & above buildings were build after 1990.And construction business were also starting by private & foreign sector.
We don,t need to worry about strength of construction materials for low rise buildings but we have to worry about it for this time.
I,m not engineer ,I,m a building construction contractor but I tried to organized to the engineering association members for Myanmar standard but not success,giant contractors they just seeking money,profits...Now I,m not active like under 30yrs.
In my life,I met with a problem to test deformed bar 25mm diameter according to our structural consultant he is very clever & he pushed to me to know material strength,concrete mixing ratios /f"c results,he also control water cement ratio,etc.
I could not find a good test lab(private/government),tensile stress test machine jaw are out of order but I,m luckily met with an mechanical engineer(strength of material)he reduced from25mmmto 12mm rods,he used to test prewar AVERY england made analog one then he converted & calculated to get approx: yield ,ultimate strength results...thanks to god and engineer and old AVERY scale...
Burmese engineers refer ACI ultimate design /in my opinion ..there are alot of differences in weather,timber&plywood strength,local brick,sand,aggregate,river shingle,etc...load assume:body weight and height are small and shorter then westerners. NY is good place for high rises building
because the bed of NY is rock,in yangon soil is not over 1.5ton/ft2(max)....so please push to myanmar engineering association to be a standard of myanmar..MIS...TIS,JIS.....

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific