HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 31, 2011, 7:49 PM

Hopefully I'll be able to catch my Oilers play the Winnipeg team in the MTS Centre one day.

Winnipeg will be my second team as long as you guys are in the Southeast division... When you move into the Northwest, we'll see how it goes. I can tell you now that it doesn't look good!

Playing the Southeast has its perks though. You guys will get to see Ovechkin, Crosby, Staal, Stamkos... nice.

Congrats again, Winnipeg. You guys have been waiting far too long. Enjoy this, and please don't let 1996 happen all over again.

Old Posted May 31, 2011, 8:04 PM
BANNED

Take note:

9. Limited inventory will be available for individual ticket sales at an avLimited inventory will be available for individual ticket sales at an average of 40% more than package prices. Your best chance of securing NHL tickets will be to own a ticket package.

http://www.driveto13.com/topten.php

One might do pretty well buying season tickets and reselling!

Old Posted May 31, 2011, 8:19 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
One might do pretty well buying season tickets and reselling!
I can't remember, is scalping legal in Manitoba?

Because yeah - I smell the sound of profit.

Old Posted May 31, 2011, 8:27 PM
Dynamic Positivity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post

If people were actually able to scalp tickets at a profit it would certainly kill any argument about Winnipeggers not being willing/able to pay NHL ticket prices.

Old Posted May 31, 2011, 8:35 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post

I bet we could get a better price for scalping the tickets if the team was named the Winnipeg Jets.......................ok that was joke dag nabbit.

Old Posted May 31, 2011, 9:10 PM
BANNED

on a message board asking people what the new team should be called someone said something rather poignant I thought. “name them something that rhymes with Toronto to prepare for their next move.” I know it sounds negative but the NHL at this moment in time is not ready for a second Toronto team for whatever reason. If the climate changed regarding the NHL’s attitudes and if this team does not sell out every game I truly believe it will end up in Toronto eventually. (Thomson is a Torontonian first and foremost) It would make a ton of money there. It was a smart move to grab it when the dollar was high, take it to anywhere in Canada and when the time is right or need arose, to then switch it to somewhere in Southern Ontario. Sorry to troll, I hope that never happens. But like Bettman said if no one wants to own a team in a certain area there is nothing he can do about it. If it loses money it will be gone. Beyond that I am totally excited and I can hear in Chipman’s voice that he wants the Moose name and you know what, he can have it. I do not truly care what they name it-what I do care about is keeping it here and not screwing up like Atlanta did...twice! Who would have thought ....’Atlanta....the breeding ground for NHL Canadian teams’! That should be Atlanta’s new city slogan.

Old Posted May 31, 2011, 9:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need A Thneed View Post
That doesn't mean that the Jets is the best name for the team marketing wise.
I can't see why it wouldn't be.

If they update the Jets jerseys a little bit (add some black shadowing and a shoulder patch or something), they would sell new jerseys every bit as well as any other jersey they can come up with.

They also have the bonus of nostalgia value by using the old Jets logo on retro merchandise and 'Hull', 'Steen', and 'Hawerchuk' retro jerseys.

If the NHL will allow them to use "Jets" at no cost, they should go for it. It would be so damn cool.

Old Posted May 31, 2011, 9:26 PM
Home of Hyperchange

To re-iterate: I think TNSE had a name all picked out, but due to the amount of time this has taken and the extremely vocal "it has to be the Jets!" type discussion going on, they're probably re-thinking their decision. Very, very carefully. Hell, even I'm starting to want it to be the Jets and a week ago I couldn't have cared less.

My favourite is the blue and gold Jets mockup someone did recently (can't remember if I saw it here or on hfboards). Very classy, and I like the nod to the city's colours.

Old Posted May 31, 2011, 9:33 PM

I would assume that the "Goals For Kids" charity/patch will come back?

Old Posted Jun 1, 2011, 12:41 AM
arf

Alright, what have you done with the real Gary Bettman?

Congratulations Winnipeg. I am glad to have the Jets back.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Jun 1, 2011, 1:08 AM
Starring as himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayward_prince View Post
Thomson is a Torontonian first and foremost
I don't think you could have listened to his remarks today and concluded that this is some sort of small-time wheeler-dealer trying to slip into the Toronto market by the side door to squeeze a few extra bucks out of his investment.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2011, 1:56 AM
Starring as himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubberMiley View Post
From the Free Press, January 31, 1890:
That's a great find, by the way.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2011, 2:03 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy6 View Post
I don't think you could have listened to his remarks today and concluded that this is some sort of small-time wheeler-dealer trying to slip into the Toronto market by the side door to squeeze a few extra bucks out of his investment.
very smart men are good at convincing people of what they want them convinced of.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2011, 2:17 AM

Quote:
very smart men are good at convincing people of what they want them convinced of.
Wayward I know you have the right to your opinion and I respect that but today of all days can we put the conspiracy talk on the shelf dude geez

Old Posted Jun 1, 2011, 2:26 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYSTHELIMIT View Post
Wayward I know you have the right to your opinion and I respect that but today of all days can we put the conspiracy talk on the shelf dude geez
fine...all I can say is that because I am a Moose season ticket holder I get first crack tomorrow at seasons tickets for the NHL which I intend to purchase first thing. What are you and Andy6 or anyone else doing in the next few days to solidify the existence of NHL in this city? Bettman is a buttocks but listen to him when he says that if it is not sold out it won’t work. He mirrored the expectations of THIS ownership groups expectations regardless of what happens in Florida or Columbus or Nashville. So what are you planning on doing about it? ehh?

Old Posted Jun 1, 2011, 2:28 AM

Quote:
fine...all I can say is that because I am a Moose season ticket holder I get first crack tomorrow at seasons tickets for the NHL which I intend to purchase first thing. What are you and Andy6 or anyone else doing in the next few days to solidify the existence of NHL in this city? Bettman is a buttocks but listen to him when he says that if it is not sold out it won’t work. He mirrored the expectations of THIS ownership groups expectations regardless of what happens in Florida or Columbus or Nashville. So what are you planning on doing about it? ehh?
Don't you worry Wayward my company and I will secure 4 seats as we were Moose season ticket holders too.

Old Posted Jun 1, 2011, 2:32 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Don't you worry Wayward my company and I will secure 4 seats as we were Moose season ticket holders too.
good. Let's hope this lasts longer than 5-7 years!

Old Posted Jun 1, 2011, 2:38 AM

Quote:
good. Let's hope this lasts longer than 5-7 years!
Indeed

Old Posted Jun 1, 2011, 3:23 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Indeed

Old Posted Jun 1, 2011, 3:48 AM
surely you agree with me

damn moose lovers...if they buy all the tickets and i have to sit in the upper deck for the next 4 years im gonna be pissed.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan