HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Nov 27, 2014, 2:14 AM
Go kicky fast, okay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro View Post
Please Jets, Please..for the love of god, don't loose to the Sabres tonight. Thanks in Advance...A fan sitting on the fence.
They shouldn't, and they wouldn't.

GO JETS GO!!

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2014, 4:34 PM

^ And... B2B wins. Success. Kinda iffy toward the end but we squeaked by.

Never had a doubt...

Old Posted Nov 27, 2014, 6:01 PM

Quote:
^ And... B2B wins. Success. Kinda iffy toward the end but we squeaked by.

Never had a doubt...
That game wasn't indicative of much. They played poorly against the worst team in the league. Maybe that's playing down to your opponent, maybe it's not. But when you start controlling for things like posts and Fenwick, this team is much worse than the record indicates. And that's ignoring that this goal-tending isn't sustainable and that they've played more games than anybody else in the league.

The team hasn't changed. Their improved defensive prowess has come at the expense of nearly all their offense and before yesterday they were 100% healthy. Kane's gotta go. Poor shot selection, turnover on nearly every possession - just eat the value gap and hope the cap increases.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2014, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
That game wasn't indicative of much. They played poorly against the worst team in the league. Maybe that's playing down to your opponent, maybe it's not. But when you start controlling for things like posts and Fenwick, this team is much worse than the record indicates. And that's ignoring that this goal-tending isn't sustainable and that they've played more games than anybody else in the league.

The team hasn't changed. Their improved defensive prowess has come at the expense of nearly all their offense and before yesterday they were 100% healthy. Kane's gotta go. Poor shot selection, turnover on nearly every possession - just eat the value gap and hope the cap increases.
Are you kidding me??? Kane consistently leads the team it hits and shots on a nightly bases and is the kind of power forward every team dreams of. You can't single out Kane for any mistakes/bad play as other players make far more. For example what about Ladds numerous turnovers each game? Not to mention the Jets would not even come close to getting someone with half of Kanes ability if they were to trade him. Like seriously, that was such an ignorant comment. Kane is hardly one of the Jets issues.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2014, 9:13 PM

Quote:
I believe we heard about the addition of several hundred seats some time ago. Are you speaking to more than 200-300 additional seats?
No im referring to the lodge seating chipman was speaking about. I'm not sure how these seats are going in though. are they gonna hang off the trusses like the press box expansion? people have said they would just add a few rows to the upper deck? I sat at the 2nd last row and from what i seen theirs really no room to add seats up there without blocking the views of the ice for people sitting up high.

If the building was engineered to be able to hold the additional weight of the pressbox i cant see why it couldn't hold 4-5 rows of seating adjacent to it? It wouldnt even have to wrap around they could mimic the length of the press box. Bust through the side cladding above the trusses and out to the roof over the concourse cut another hole set in some stairs that lead down to the 300 level concourse. boom! 400 level seating! the sightlines would be incredible you could have a mini Walkway/concourse above the rafters if you wanted to. Obviously no bathrooms or food services but beer and popcorn lol It makes sence finiancially too. The press box expansion was a million bucks so lets say this project cost tripple that that at 3 million and it added 500 seats ish?? at an average of??? $65 a seat? That's over 1.3M a season in seat revenue alone pretty good investment if you ask me

Last edited by Oilkountry; Nov 27, 2014 at 9:54 PM.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2014, 10:26 PM

"Kane speeds in along the boards and fires a shot from the hash marks. Misses wide right." You could record that and use it for play by play. You'd be right probably 75% of the time. Low percentage shots. He's a bit over rated and over paid for what he provides. How much time does he need? IMO anyways. It's a tough call with him. And who knows what his real attitude is towards Winnipeg and the team. He likes to post beach and topless photos of himself on social media regularly.

On the seats, they will hang from the bottom of the upper deck so they're over top of the suite seating from what people have said. Not sure exactly how that will work for sightlines. No seats will be hanging from the press box or roof from what I heard.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2014, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
"Kane speeds in along the boards and fires a shot from the hash marks. Misses wide right." You could record that and use it for play by play. You'd be right probably 75% of the time. Low percentage shots. He's a bit over rated and over paid for what he provides. How much time does he need? IMO anyways. It's a tough call with him. And who knows what his real attitude is towards Winnipeg and the team. He likes to post beach and topless photos of himself on social media regularly.

On the seats, they will hang from the bottom of the upper deck so they're over top of the suite seating from what people have said. Not sure exactly how that will work for sightlines. No seats will be hanging from the press box or roof from what I heard.
Thats what i though i just don't see why my vision isn't an option. And just to clarify im not saying hanging from the press box. im saying across from the press box

Old Posted Nov 27, 2014, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadzookz View Post
Are you kidding me??? Kane consistently leads the team it hits and shots on a nightly bases and is the kind of power forward every team dreams of. You can't single out Kane for any mistakes/bad play as other players make far more. For example what about Ladds numerous turnovers each game? Not to mention the Jets would not even come close to getting someone with half of Kanes ability if they were to trade him. Like seriously, that was such an ignorant comment. Kane is hardly one of the Jets issues.
Congratulations. You'd have overpaid for him too.

His shots are terrible. He gives up the pass to take the terrible, low percentage shot every time. And if he wants to lead the team in checks, he can do it from the fourth line making $850K a season.

Kane's ability is irrelevant. He's an athletic guy with next to no hockey sense and he'll shoot from anywhere on the ice at any time at the expense of the smarter play. The reason we'll get back somebody at half his value is because that's his true value - about half of what he's being paid. Except he's also a malcontent, so he's better off elsewhere.

If he were so valuable, teams would be knocking down the door to get him. But they're not.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2014, 10:56 PM

Quote:

He was overrated. Now, everybody knows what they're getting and they only want it at pennies on the dollar. He's actively being shopped, anyway. The Jets will be taking a haircut on that contract, you can bet...

Old Posted Nov 27, 2014, 11:05 PM

Yeah, there's the Boston rumours floating around a couple days ago. Kane for Eriksson and possibly Krug. Not sure if those have died, but I'd take it.

He is a 20-30 goal scorer, 60 point guy. So not too bad. But he's over hyped to be the next big thing coming.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2014, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplicity View Post
Congratulations. You'd have overpaid for him too.

His shots are terrible. He gives up the pass to take the terrible, low percentage shot every time. And if he wants to lead the team in checks, he can do it from the fourth line making $850K a season.

Kane's ability is irrelevant. He's an athletic guy with next to no hockey sense and he'll shoot from anywhere on the ice at any time at the expense of the smarter play. The reason we'll get back somebody at half his value is because that's his true value - about half of what he's being paid. Except he's also a malcontent, so he's better off elsewhere.

If he were so valuable, teams would be knocking down the door to get him. But they're not.
Honestly I wouldn't lose any sleep if he wasn't a jet anymore. I could live without him streaking up the left wing taking multiple weak logo bound wrist shot from the blue line every game.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2014, 5:27 AM

Quote:
that is correct, below the 300 but above the suites. the will be "loge seats", basically 4 bar stools and a table.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2014, 4:27 PM

Originally Posted by Cyro
I believe we heard about the addition of several hundred seats some time ago. Are you speaking to more than 200-300 additional seats?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilkountry View Post
No im referring to the lodge seating chipman was speaking about. I'm not sure how these seats are going in though. are they gonna hang off the trusses like the press box expansion? people have said they would just add a few rows to the upper deck? I sat at the 2nd last row and from what i seen theirs really no room to add seats up there without blocking the views of the ice for people sitting up high.
Yes,we've discussed this countless times in this thread. 200-300 seats lodge seating in the planning stages for some time.Nothing more/nothing less.

One of many posts on the subject.
>>> http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...postcount=3942

Reg: Kane. One dimensional player at this point in his career. Many +'s,many -'s. Not happy with the way his season has progressed. Wait untill the trade deadline before deciding to move him.

Jet's? The last 4 games have me going back to how I felt last year. Dissapointed in their overall play. Blowing leads and barely hanging on for wins.

On to Boston.

twitchmedia.com

Old Posted Nov 28, 2014, 4:32 PM

Quote:
Yes,we've discussed this countless times in this thread. 200-300 seats lodge seating in the planning stages for some time.Nothing more/nothing less.
Now that you mention it, it does seem like so many of the conversations regarding the Jets have been bouncing around for years now... trade Kane or bet on him becoming a star? Can you add seats to MTS Centre? Byfuglien on offence or defence? Is Pavelec a legit starter?

Thank goodness for Trouba, Scheifs, Hutchinson and Maurice... at least we have something else to talk about relative to 3 years ago.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2014, 4:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags_in_the_peg View Post
that is correct, below the 300 but above the suites. the will be "loge seats", basically 4 bar stools and a table.
I just dont get how thats gonna work lol. my brain cant comprehend how they are gonna fit it in there. and no matter what they do its gonna cheapen the look of the MTS Centre

Old Posted Nov 28, 2014, 4:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyro

One of many posts on the subject.
>>> http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...postcount=3942

Reg: Kane. One dimensional player at this point in his career. Many +'s,many -'s. Not happy with the way his season has progressed. Wait untill the trade deadline before deciding to move him.

Jet's? The last 4 games have me going back to how I felt last year. Dissapointed in their overall play. Blowing leads and barely hanging on for wins.

On to Boston.

twitchmedia.com
sorry dude kinda new to this forum and thread

Old Posted Nov 28, 2014, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Yeah, there's the Boston rumours floating around a couple days ago. Kane for Eriksson and possibly Krug. Not sure if those have died, but I'd take it.

He is a 20-30 goal scorer, 60 point guy. So not too bad. But he's over hyped to be the next big thing coming.
He's on pace for about 20 points this season.

He's also playing to get traded, so it's impossible to know, but we're at 30% of the season as of tonight, so whatever he's doing is a reasonable enough sample of what we can expect. And maybe it's the defense-first system, but if this is what we get at a $5.25MM cap hit until 2018 then somebody's projection of his value as a two way player was way off because he's proven capable of playing only one side of the ice effectively.

And that's fine. But at that money, he shouldn't be playing like your average replacement level 3rd line center...

Old Posted Nov 28, 2014, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
Now that you mention it, it does seem like so many of the conversations regarding the Jets have been bouncing around for years now... trade Kane or bet on him becoming a star? Can you add seats to MTS Centre? Byfuglien on offence or defence? Is Pavelec a legit starter?

Thank goodness for Trouba, Scheifs, Hutchinson and Maurice... at least we have something else to talk about relative to 3 years ago.
Does seem that way. Thanks for the other examples I would have added as well.

Some new things to disscuss for sure. Some popular themes.
Trouba,Sophmore slump or not? Mark, was he the right pick at the time and will he ever stop falling down on the play? Hutchinson, to small a sample size to see if he can become the #1? PoMo, Perennial .500 coach or genius this year? See the theme?

It's all good for me, still enjoy the discussions.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2014, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilkountry View Post
sorry dude kinda new to this forum and thread
It's all cool, I love having new posters on board..

Old Posted Nov 28, 2014, 5:19 PM

Sounds like Hutch is in goal tonight. How's that for a confidence boost! If he even needs a confidence boost.

How about that for Pavelec, confidence has gone in the toilet.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan