HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup

Old Posted Jun 16, 2007, 2:02 AM
Desert Dweller

Old Posted Jun 16, 2007, 2:07 AM
nuttin

Great storyline
all cities do have their disasters ,although sad , we do sometimes need them as a learning experience, i mean these buildings would not exist today if WW2 never happened

Old Posted Jun 16, 2007, 2:28 AM
Registered Lurker

awesome detail in that last one

Old Posted Jun 16, 2007, 7:05 AM

that last pic looks very real

Old Posted Jun 16, 2007, 6:38 PM
Finger Lickin' Good.

Sweet! Is that airplane in the building a memorial?

Old Posted Jun 17, 2007, 7:02 AM
Registered Lurker

I believe it's a pop-out billboard for StauntonAirlines

I like it a lot!

Old Posted Jun 17, 2007, 9:43 AM
Desert Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxmtbr View Post
Sweet! Is that airplane in the building a memorial?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter View Post
I believe it's a pop-out billboard for StauntonAirlines
Oh no, not a memorial, and the tail was only visible because a billboard obscured a part of the plane, so its actually much closer in that picture.

And yes! It is actually a pop-out billboard for Staunton Airlines.

In 2000 Staunton Airlines was rising up to the top, and to this day still remains as one of the Nation's most popular airlines due to their friendly "Jersey Style" service. Next to Galcorp, Staunton Airlines is one of the most poweful companies headquartered in the city.

So to help promote the increasingly prominent company, Staunton Airlines payed a hefty price to remodel the old Staunton Square Information Booth in 2000, but to cover it with Staunton Airlines Billboards, including the model of a 747 on the rooftop.

The Advertisements still remain on the booth, but ever since 9/11, the Model Plane has been quite a controversial part of the Square, Owners of the Harriott Marquess are tying to have it removed since its directly pointed at the Hotel's main atrium, bringing back memories of 9/11.

Yet others are tyring to save the plane, since it has become a ionic part of the square.

Anyways

Here is a shot of the other side of Staunton Square.

As you can see the Square has been "thrown back in time", due to its smaller presentce of Large Glass Modern Skyscrapers. But as the Savings and Loan Crisis hit in 2001, the Square hasnt seen much development.

The Eastern side of Staunton Square has,
- A Statue of Charles Staunton, founder of the city
- An Army Recruitment Center
- The Tikets Booth
- JC Summit HQ and N Hotel
- Hotel Jersey

Bonus Pic yo,
(Staunton Square isnt in yet, it would go on the far right)

Old Posted Jun 17, 2007, 4:31 PM
nuttin

Gorgeous
if it were female it would be Lily Allen !

Old Posted Jun 17, 2007, 5:29 PM

Looks great!

Old Posted Jun 17, 2007, 6:26 PM
Posting Quick Reply

Join the army
It's cool

Girls will love it

Old Posted Jun 18, 2007, 8:52 AM
nuttin

i didn't see that one

Old Posted Jun 18, 2007, 12:33 PM
Information Age

Nice new buildings man! I specially likes Hotel Jersey.

Old Posted Jun 18, 2007, 1:41 PM
Registered Lurker

i also like the Hotel Jersey. it's classy fabulous work done on the billboards as well!

Old Posted Jun 19, 2007, 9:17 AM
Desert Dweller

Thankszz!

Well Staunton Square is done, I'm looking to redo the Cannery Park, which was done quickly just to fill in space, I'll add new detailed buildings, after Cannery Park, some inprovements downtown, then you'll see Jefferson, and a new stadium!

The UniteEarth Fair is planned sometime in August. Hopefully it turns out well, if you know what I mean.

If Staunton where real
Turn it on to WNN to see whats goin on!

Good Morning Staunton, Jacob and Jill here, its Tuesday, June 19th, 2007, it is a beautiful day outside, go and take a look yourself!! Today's weather report, Partly Cloudy, with a chance of showers later tonight. Anyways we have the usual Traffic on the Callahan Expressway, I suggest you avoid it, haha of course, thats new. We have the usual construction work on the Callahan Bridge, we have backups all the way to Galcorp Plaza so watch out. In other news we have protests forming outside NexxonOil Plaza, due to gas prices rising especially high in the state of New Jersey. We have reports of police activity down there, and we'll get back on that soon. Now heres Jacob with Sports, thanks Jill, well the Staunton Scorpions lost again....

Hello this is a WNN special report, we are getting reports of a riot in Downtown Staunton. The details are flakey but we do belive these riots started from the NexxonOil this morning outside the companies Headquarters. Can we get a live shot here? ... Ok we are going to Bob in Skychopper 9 over Downtown Staunton, Bob do you see anything? ....

Hello welcome back with or Special WWN Report, Downtown Staunton is now under control after today's riots. There have been several fires started but we now know they are under control, partially due to the coming rain storm. Now we do know that today's riots where not as damaging as Staunton's past 3 major riots. We now go to Ryan outside NexxonOil Plaza, Ryan? Thanks Tiff, as you see behind me NexxonOil Plaza has been destroyed due to today's riots, luckily no one was seriously injured. I'm here with....

Whew, today in Staunton wasnt just anyday. Maybe i'll post some pictures of the riots? I cant promise anything, but I'll give it a shot.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2007, 7:27 PM
Registered Lurker

what a day for Staunton! these latest pics are outstanding. the GalCorp building stands out nicely in the first pic. looking down into the city in the 2nd pic is stunning! i love it. the news was very touching also.and i would love to see pics of the riot!

Old Posted Jun 19, 2007, 7:29 PM

hahaah Staunton is full of action nice pics...!

Old Posted Jun 19, 2007, 11:39 PM
Desert Dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

6:00am

Good Morning Staunton, Jacob and Jill here, its Tuesday, June 19th, 2007, it is a beautiful day outside, go and take a look yourself!! Today's weather report, Partly Cloudy, with a chance of showers later tonight. Anyways we have the usual Traffic on the Callahan Expressway, I suggest you avoid it, haha of course, thats new. We have the usual construction work on the Callahan Bridge, we have backups all the way to Galcorp Plaza so watch out. In other news we have protests forming outside NexxonOil Plaza, due to gas prices rising especially high in the state of New Jersey. We have reports of police activity down there, and we'll get back on that soon. Now heres Jacob with Sports, thanks Jill, well the Staunton Scorpions lost again....

9:39am

Hello this is a WNN special report, we are getting reports of a riot in Downtown Staunton. The details are flakey but we do belive these riots started from the NexxonOil this morning outside the companies Headquarters. Can we get a live shot here? ... Ok we are going to Bob in Skychopper 9 over Downtown Staunton, Bob do you see anything? ....
1:17pm

Hello this is continueing Coverage of today's riots in Downtown Staunton. We now know that the riots started after today's protests outside NexxonOil Plaza earlier this morning. Apparantly a shot was fired and panic then hit the street. We have looting in Staunton Square and Callahan Village. We have Cody Swanson outside the rioting zone in Staunton, Cody? Yes Martha, well as you can see we are standing on the roof of a nearby building, just to be safe. We see dozens of people injured and NexxonOil plaza, the Red Building to the right, has several fires around the plaza. Earlier a small helecopter crashed into the street earlier, we did see the pilots runnings out, WOAH, did we catch that! There is a huge car crash outside the zone, it looks quite disastorus, here we now go live to Bob in Skyschopper 9, Bob?

1:24pm

Thanks Cody, as you can see we have an aerial look over Staunton, fires have been Started in Downtown and Staunton Square. As you can see we have anpproching storm heading from Otahita and Charlotte, hopefully the rain will put the fires out, we have reports of the city's SWAT team and Police force stuck on the Callahan Bridge, One Police Plaza is also under attack by the riots,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post

3:36pm

Hello welcome back with or Special WWN Report, Downtown Staunton is now under control after today's riots. There have been several fires started but we now know they are under control, partially due to the coming rain storm. Now we do know that today's riots where not as damaging as Staunton's past 3 major riots. We now go to Ryan outside NexxonOil Plaza, Ryan? Thanks Tiff, as you see behind me NexxonOil Plaza has been destroyed due to today's riots, luckily no one was seriously injured. I'm here with....

Last edited by Patrick; Jun 20, 2007 at 1:14 AM.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2007, 12:14 AM
nuttin

OMG ,, THAT JUST TOTALLY KICKS ASS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well done !! some pics look real and not doctorshopped ,are they ?

Old Posted Jun 20, 2007, 12:18 AM
nuttin

particularly the 9:39am report!

Old Posted Jun 20, 2007, 1:39 AM
Registered Lurker

AMAZING! The riot scene is a masterpiece! and the smoke is the coolest effect ever! by far the most REALISTIC pics of Staunton yet! nice job

and yes the tropical depression started moving north from Otahita today and is headed for Staunton!! get ready. . So far, no damage has been reported down here in the south. the power was out for about 3 minutes in Downtown though!

Looks like Staunton has got a lot of damage from the riot! Best of luck rebuilding what's been damaged!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Urban Art > Google Sketchup