HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 12, 2013, 4:17 PM
National Capital Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawan View Post
Don't get me wrong - I'm happy about this development - but talk about hypocritical of Bellas after what they put their neighbours through during construction of The Wellington.
Why hypocritical? Did the builders of The Wellington consult early? Or did they just ram through as is the Ottawa developer norm?

And what exactly is it that Bellas put their neighbours through? Would that be refusing to let their land be used to construct The Wellington? What is it with developers in Ottawa that they seem to think they have the right to use neighbouring properties as construction access? That same bunch also closed the sidewalk for months on end.

I've also noticed that residential infill developers seem to have a fondness for digging right to the property line and then the sides of the excavation slump into it, taking with it trees and fence posts and the like.

Ottawa developers seem to be very keen to exercise all their perceived development rights of their own properties, but much less interested in respecting the rights of adjacent property owners.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa