HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Nov 8, 2013, 12:19 AM
BANNED

Build that building, screw the FAA.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2013, 4:44 AM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiSpartan View Post
Wow….I hope the FAA doesn't chop too much off of this proposal! I love how this one balances out the area with the Four Seasons to the south and Wachovia to the north…..!
I think Swire has a good case for going taller in that location because it's almost directly between runaway approaches. Why should they be held to the same restrictions as the fringes of the 1,010 feet height zone when they are right smack in the middle of it. They have the money and the clout to challenge the FAA on this with their own lawyers and their own aviation experts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraperfan23 View Post
Build that building, screw the FAA.
Please learn a different tune already!
[B][I]"I'm going to bet you that [U]when we're done [/U]-- [U]I don't know when that will be [/U]-- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner 05/22/05[/I][/B]

Old Posted Nov 8, 2013, 2:59 PM

One Brickell City Centre photo shop pic

This was done by Funkyskunk2 @ http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...1661105&page=6
that was superimposed over a pic taken by QuantumX

Old Posted Nov 8, 2013, 4:21 PM

a little exaggerated height. Plaza on Brickell to the left of 1BCC is 610 feet. They made 1BCC look more than twice as tall.

Old Posted Nov 8, 2013, 6:11 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave8721 View Post
a little exaggerated height. Plaza on Brickell to the left of 1BCC is 610 feet. They made 1BCC look more than twice as tall.
I'm not so sure about that, Dave! You can't really see the base of Plaza at Brickell on Brickell Bay Drive in that photo. I think if you could, it would look taller and the rendering would make more sense to you.
[B][I]"I'm going to bet you that [U]when we're done [/U]-- [U]I don't know when that will be [/U]-- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner 05/22/05[/I][/B]

Old Posted Nov 12, 2013, 8:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyscraperfan23 View Post
I Can't wait to be in miami very soon.
Yeah, I am really Miss South Florida lots. I miss all of my friends, and especially for my old friends who work at FLL as well. Why I left Florida? We lived in Arizona for almost 10 years.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2013, 2:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Yeah, I am really Miss South Florida lots. I miss all of my friends, and especially for my old friends who work at FLL as well. Why I left Florida? We lived in Arizona for almost 10 years.
There's something for everyone. I currently live in Miami and when I go back home to Chicago, not an ounce of me misses Miami.

After visiting Miami for over over 15 years and permanently living here for seven years... there's something about South Florida that I just can't get accustomed to.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2013, 4:06 AM

Ah…..been in Miami for 22 years….While I miss Chicago, nights like tonight that are so GORGEOUS makes me love living down here…..!

Old Posted Nov 15, 2013, 2:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiSpartan View Post
Ah…..been in Miami for 22 years….While I miss Chicago, nights like tonight that are so GORGEOUS makes me love living down here…..!
Actually, we just moved from Skokie, IL back in 1979. We usually live in Hollywood for 24 years and then, we're moving to Arizona back on November 15, 2003. Tomorrow, this will be 10 years anniversary where we live in Arizona. I miss Florida lots. No Florida trip at this time. That's why I couldn't get a ticket to FLL to see my friends. Oh well!

Old Posted Nov 15, 2013, 3:05 PM

Cookie-cutter Coral Gables 16-story mixed use building coming at 2020 Salzedo St in Coral Gables:
http://ccresfl.com/projects

Old Posted Nov 15, 2013, 7:10 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO_0121 View Post
There's something for everyone. I currently live in Miami and when I go back home to Chicago, not an ounce of me misses Miami.

After visiting Miami for over over 15 years and permanently living here for seven years... there's something about South Florida that I just can't get accustomed to.
Must be the heat. I love Chicago, but a Chicago winter would kill me. That's why I'm glad Miami is looking more like Chicago every day.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2013, 9:06 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
That's why I'm glad Miami is looking more like Chicago every day.
Oh yeah, just like Chicago...

Old Posted Nov 16, 2013, 2:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumX View Post
Must be the heat. I love Chicago, but a Chicago winter would kill me. That's why I'm glad Miami is looking more like Chicago every day.
I actually detest the heat, yes. But aside from that, its the more important things that make me feel such way. Miami is just lacking in many things.

I always tell people to vacation here, this is a great place to do so, but living here is

Old Posted Nov 17, 2013, 6:42 PM
Honored Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Dick View Post
Oh yeah, just like Chicago...
It could never look just like Chicago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMO_0121 View Post
I actually detest the heat, yes. But aside from that, its the more important things that make me feel such way. Miami is just lacking in many things.

I always tell people to vacation here, this is a great place to do so, but living here is
Yeah, I feel that way about a lot of places. To each his own.

IMG_0637 by mikediamond424, on Flickr

Old Posted Nov 18, 2013, 7:01 PM

The Armani House coming to Sunny Isles will be 2 55-story towers with 500 units.

http://www.bizjournals.com/southflor...ani-house.html
Quote:
The Armani House by Cesar Pelli project is planned in the area of 190th Street and Collins Ave.
This reporter obtained an email from a broker sent out Friday with more details including that pricing would range from $800 to $1,400 per foot. According to the email, the project will be developed on 4.9 acres and feature two, 55-story towers with about 250 units in each tower. Units will range in size from 1,500 to 3,200 square feet. The pricing for the two-, three- and four-bedroom units will range from $1.2 million to $4.5 million.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2013, 9:32 PM

Old Posted Nov 20, 2013, 12:44 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickell View Post
This is gonna be nice.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2013, 2:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickell View Post
1 in 10,000? Looks like a $500 mill to $1 billion structure that would generate very little revenue. I can see banks jumping over eachother to finance that one...

Old Posted Nov 20, 2013, 7:00 PM

http://www.miamitodaynews.com/2013/1...-condo-towers/

Quote:
Resident influx feeds rising condo towers
Written by Samantha Joseph on November 20, 2013

It’s going to take a lot of housing to match South Florida’s population increase, especially with Miami-Dade’s increasing popularity among both domestic and international homebuyers.

With 175 new residents coming to the area daily and an average household size of 2.5 people, it’ll take 70 new units per day to cover demand from new residents, said Patrick O’Connell, senior vice president of new business development for Esslinger Wooten Maxwell Realtors, extrapolating from the state’s data on population increase.

The good news is there are enough projects in the works, with 41 new towers and 12,000 units planned for downtown Miami between the Julia Tuttle and Rickenbacker causeways, and 23,000 units under way in Miami-Dade, Mr. O’Connell said at the Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce’s 2013 Real Estate Outlook luncheon last week.

The bad news: They aren’t always accessible to local buyers.

“A lot of the new units that we’re seeing aren’t necessarily the ones that are affordable for the residents moving here,” he later told Miami Today. “Those are being acquired more by investors and people who are just looking to place their money here. They may ultimately be rented to people who are moving here, which I think is a more realistic scenario.”

The issue of affordability was among several that panelists Howard Levine, Natascha Tello, Erica Phillips Kutner and Mr. O’Connell discussed at the Nov. 14 luncheon, led by moderator Michael Lewis, Miami Today’s publisher. These industry leaders offered insight on subjects ranging through upcoming legislative changes, title insurance, rental trends, lending patterns, price appreciation, distressed sales, condo reserves and forecasts.

Miami-Dade has always been a relocation destination for Americans from the northeastern states, thanks to its favorable tax structures and tropical climate, said Ms. Tello, operating partner at Keller Williams Realty Partners SW. The area also offers competitive prices when compared to major cities, which explains why New Yorkers are among the biggest spenders for Miami-Dade real estate.

“There’s still value in our market when you look at it on a national level,” she said.

But in a changing market, realistic expectations are important when considering deal timelines, cautioned said Ms. Phillips Kutner, director of business development at Entitle Direct Group. It could take up to six months, for instance, to complete a short sale, 30 to 45 days to close on a condo and two months for a single-family home.

On the lending side, one challenge facing the industry nationwide is the Federal Housing Finance Agency’s possible lowering of convention loan ceilings from $417,000, noted Mr. Levine, senior vice president of consumer and residential lending at Sabadell United Bank.

For some buyers, the change would limit finance opportunities and force them to seek “jumbo mortgages” that require stronger credit, higher deposits and other credentials that would prevent many from qualifying.

Add to that Miami-Dade’s success at attracting cash-rich international buyers who see the area as a safe place for their investment capital, and all signs hint at an industry-wide need for focused development.

The local strategy for long-term stability should include a focus on developing high-end employment and business ownership opportunities for both current and incoming residents, Mr. Lewis has suggested.

“Our market is at the mercy of the rest of the world,” he said during the Real Estate Outlook luncheon. “I’d like to have the local buyer have a fair shot.”

Old Posted Nov 20, 2013, 7:06 PM

can someone add one brickell city centre to the diagram? please!!??

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations