HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's

Old Posted Mar 19, 2013, 2:03 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Old Posted Mar 19, 2013, 4:24 PM

Now I may not be a police officer, or an investigator, nor do I watch CSI Miami....but I'm going to take a guess here and say the person charged is the homeowner

EDIT: I was wrong. CBC states that the man arrested was from Mount Pearl. The homeowner must have some faith in his clientele, allowing people to come and go from his home while he's not there.

Last edited by Marty_Mcfly; Mar 19, 2013 at 7:14 PM.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2013, 9:23 PM
Millennial Ascendancy

Was the homeowner not the guy who was murdered?

Old Posted Mar 19, 2013, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copes View Post
Was the homeowner not the guy who was murdered?
No, one of the older CBC articles said that the homeowner knocked on neighbors doors asking for them to call 911 because there was a bloody guy in his house.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2013, 9:30 PM

Yeah, I thought it was the home-owner who was killed.

On a slightly related note, I always thought the word homicide sounded like some kind of pesticide for homosexual people (no offence intended whatsoever, just the image that pops into my head when I hear the word )

Old Posted Mar 19, 2013, 9:51 PM

Quote:
Neighbour Margie Hutchings said the man who lives in the house showed up on her doorstep around 10:30 on Wednesday morning.

"He asked me to call the ambulance," said Hutchings. "I said what's wrong. I thought he was sick. He said, 'no, I just [came] home, open my door and there was a man by my stairs covered in blood.' That's all he told me."
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfou...4.html?cmp=rss

Also, Poor homicide, I'll always remember it as that now

Old Posted Mar 26, 2013, 9:19 PM

Quote:
Another Armed Robbery in St. John's

Police are looking for a man who held up Needs Convenience on Merrymeeting Road in St. John's in broad daylight. RNC say the suspect entered the shop at 4:30 yesterday afternoon demanding cash and cigarettes. The RNC didn't reveal what type of weapon was used by the robber. The suspect is between 5'4" to 5'6" tall and about 150 pounds and was wearing a white hoodie and jeans.

Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call the RNC or Crime Stoppers.
http://vocm.com/newsarticle.asp?mn=2&id=32414&latest=1

Quote:
Armed Robbery at Convenience Store in St. John's

Another armed robbery in the capital city. A lone man held up a convenience store on Empire Avenue about 10:00 last night, getting away with some cash. No injuries and no arrests yet. The police investigation is ongoing.
http://www.vocm.com/newsarticle.asp?...32359&latest=1

Old Posted Mar 27, 2013, 8:47 PM

Quote:
Bar held up at knifepoint

A bar in St. John's was held up late on Tuesday evening.

A man armed with a knife robbed The Kooler Lounge on Ropewalk Lane shortly before midnight.

Police used a dog to search the area, but didn't find the suspect.

No one was injured in the incident.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfou...bbery-327.html

Old Posted Apr 1, 2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Stabbing in Topsail leads to charges

A 46-year-old woman faces charges related to a stabbing in Conception Bay South on Sunday afternoon.

The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary said the incident happened at a home in the Topsail area of the town.

A man was taken to hospital, but police on Monday morning did not have an update on his condition.

The RNC say the suspect and the victim knew each other.

The woman is scheduled to appear in provincial court on Monday on charges of assault with a weapon, assault causing bodily harm and several breaches of court orders.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfou...arges-401.html

Old Posted Apr 1, 2013, 12:03 PM

B'ys oh B'ys .. some load of skeets on da go wha!

Old Posted Apr 1, 2013, 12:08 PM
Millennial Ascendancy

I don't have an article... I can't even confirm if this is indeed a true story... but my buddy said on Saturday that he heard on the radio some dude was pulled over on Prince Phillip Friday night for drunk driving? They charged him, went through the motions, took his car and took him home.

At 3:00am a second car was pulled over for drunk driving. Same dude, different car.

Again... can't say if this is true or not, but it sounds about right. And I don't know why my buddy would make that up.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2013, 12:52 AM

^No, I read that on CBC a few days ago. It's insane. The law is too relaxed about DWI. I personally know a few people who have been caught several times and have never been charged. C'mon police.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2013, 7:51 PM

The Tessier Place murder has taken a macabre twist...

Quote:

Grave of murder victim disturbed in St. John's
Those involved face charges of indignity to a human body

Constabulary in St. John's is searching for who's responsible for disturbing a grave.

Police responded to a report that the grave site of murder victim Joey Whalen in Holy Sepulchre Cemetery on Topsail Road had been disturbed on Tuesday night.

Whalen died on St. Patrick's Day of injuries sustained during a violent altercation at a Tessier Place house four days earlier.

Kenny Green, 34, is charged with second-degree murder in connection with the beating.

The Constabulary add that the persons or persons involved face charges of indignity to a human body.

The RNC is appealing to anyone who may have witnessed the incident or were in the immediate area to contact them — or anonymously to the Crime Stoppers service, 1-800-222-8477.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfou...013-04-03.html

Old Posted Apr 3, 2013, 8:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllBlack View Post
The Tessier Place murder has taken a macabre twist...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfou...013-04-03.html
Does anybody else get the feeling that this whole thing is starting to sound like a script from Republic of Doyle?

Old Posted Apr 3, 2013, 9:41 PM
♒︎ Empirically Canadian

It must be inspired by Republic of Doyle.
I wonder how many of these people graduated from high school?

Old Posted Apr 4, 2013, 3:12 AM
I ♣ Baby Seals

This is getting ridiculous. What stupid thing could they have been doing?

Old Posted Apr 4, 2013, 2:29 PM

This story keeps getting stranger and stranger..... and very disturbing.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2013, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Man Arrested for Mall Parkade Attack

A 39-year-old man is facing several charges after committing vandalism in an underground parking lot in St. John's. RNC say a man reported the accused allegedly hit his parked vehicle with his own vehicle in the Parkade at the mall on Saturday. Constable Suzanne FitzGerald says when the victim approached the man about the damage, he pulled a knife on him.

FitzGerald says the accused then caused damage to the victim's car with the knife. He is charged with assault with a weapon, possession of a weapon dangerous to the public that being the knife, property damage to the victim's vehicle, and resisting arrest. There were no injuries during the incident. The man was scheduled to appear in court.
http://vocm.com/newsarticle.asp?mn=2&id=32843&latest=1

lulz. hurr durr, I'm going to damage your car and threaten you with a knife and walk away all in the while my car is right there for you to see my license plate.

C'MON PEOPLE. STOP BEING DUMB.

Old Posted Apr 17, 2013, 8:22 PM

Quote:
Four thieves stage early-morning home invasion

The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary is looking for four young men who broke into a St. John's home early Wednesday, demanding cash from the couple living there.

Police said the men invaded a house on Colville Street after 2 a.m.

The four demanded cash, although police did not reveal what was stolen during the crime.

The residents were not injured, although there was some property damage to their home.

Police said the four suspects appeared to be in their 20s, although their faces were concealed during the crime.

The RNC called in a dog unit in an effort to find the suspects, and has enlisted its Criminal Investigation Division.

Help from public

Police are now looking for the public's help to identify the suspects involved in the violent break and enter.

Two of the male suspects are described as 5'7" tall with a medium build. One was wearing a black hoodie and a baseball cap, while the other had a white hoodie with a turquoise and blue pattern.

The third suspect is around 5'7", 170 pounds, with a blue hoodie, blue bandana, and black gloves.

The final man is 5'11" with a heavy build, and was wearing all black.

Following the incident, police say the suspects fled the area towards a path located at the end of the cul de sac.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfou...-street-4.html

Just realized that it's been a pretty quiet month in the city.

Old Posted Apr 19, 2013, 6:59 PM

Quote:
Armed Robbery at Pharmacy in CBS

Police are looking for two male suspects who held up Villa Nova Pharmacy in CBS with what are believed to be firearms. The men entered the store armed with guns around 8:40 last night and demanded drugs. RNC say several hundred prescription narcotics were stolen. They are concerned about the quantity and types of prescription drugs stolen and consider their potential availability on the street to be a public safety concern. The types of drugs stolen were not disclosed by police. No one was injured during the robbery.

One man is described as about 5'11" and 170 pounds. He was wearing black jogging pants, and a black hoodie with the word "ECKO" written in white on the hood. Police say he was also wearing beige gloves and black sneakers. The second man is about 5'8" and 170 pounds. He was wearing dark clothes and yellow gloves. Both men had their faces covered by something as they fled towards the rear of the building.

Anyone with information on the armed robbery is asked to call the RNC or Crime Stoppers.
http://vocm.com/newsarticle.asp?mn=2&id=33305&latest=1

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's