HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Business, Politics & the Economy

Old Posted Jul 19, 2018, 3:57 PM

It is pretty hard to beat an incumbent in the city. I kind of wish that there was provincial legislation so that whoever placed second automatically becomes councillor if the first one resigns even it was within the first month, so that there would be at least some incentive for running against an incumbent.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2018, 4:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpgq View Post
It is pretty hard to beat an incumbent in the city. I kind of wish that there was provincial legislation so that whoever placed second automatically becomes councillor if the first one resigns even it was within the first month, so that there would be at least some incentive for running against an incumbent.
I hope there are more changes to the election act to make it easier to challenge an incumbent. I think recent changes help a bit. I am curious what the recent changes will yield.

Interest in the future of Hamilton and the GTHA. Living in Burlington, hoping to move to the Hammer sooner rather than later. I understand the basic building blocks of a successful city. Hamilton is getting close.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Business, Politics & the Economy