HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

Comcast Innovation & Technology Center in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Philadelphia Skyscraper Diagram
Philadelphia Projects & Construction Forum

View Full Map

Old Posted Today, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesrmj View Post
This building will be a great symbol for the city! While I would've preferred the American Commerce Center, this building turned out a lot better than I thought. My only complaint is that it's roof height is shorter and is only the tallest because of the lantern/spire (But then again, we haven't seen any skyscraper development at all where I'm from). I'm excited for when the Transit Terminal Tower will get built!
I totally know what you are saying but if you are being objective, the height of the roof of the enclosure that contains the cooling tower is taller at CTC than CC. Further, the highest habitable floor of CITC is also higher than CCC. So it’s really only an illusion or false assumption that the “crown” of CC contains habitable floors as opposed to being a hollow structure that contains mechanical equipment.

Old Posted Today, 7:33 PM
Mr. Technology

At least the new Comcast Technology Center looks taller then Liberty Place.

Old Posted Today, 7:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHL10 View Post
I totally know what you are saying but if you are being objective, the height of the roof of the enclosure that contains the cooling tower is taller at CTC than CC. Further, the highest habitable floor of CITC is also higher than CCC. So it’s really only an illusion or false assumption that the “crown” of CC contains habitable floors as opposed to being a hollow structure that contains mechanical equipment.

Yup. One of the biggest complaints I've read over and over again about CTC is its north/south face width which of course adds greatly to that illusion because it has the effect of making its cooling tower that much less significant; this is most pronounced the closer you are and in the light of day. It does however change depending on perspective. Although not a side-by-side comparison the east/west views diminish those concerns. From a great distance (Media PA) CTC actually 'appears' taller by day because that width is diminished & its mass blends in better with the cooling tower & lantern. Darkness will greatly favor CTC as well, once it's complete & the lantern is lit it will hands down dominate by night.

Old Posted Today, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechTalkGuy View Post
As for the Transit Terminal Tower, I hope groundbreaking to commence sometime this year.
You're only 25 years or so too early

Old Posted Today, 8:04 PM

Quote:
Hopefully, the exterior should be complete by Spring.

As for the Transit Terminal Tower, I hope groundbreaking to commence sometime this year.
Hope is a beautiful thing.

Old Posted Today, 9:13 PM
Mr. Technology

Financing is always the excuse.
Perhaps if the G.O.P. Tax plan actually works as described, we should expect groundbreaking this year.

Old Posted Today, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Financing is always the excuse.
Perhaps if the G.O.P. Tax plan actually works as described, we should expect groundbreaking this year.
I don't believe in god, but I'm praying for that

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction