HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Jun 29, 2012, 9:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
I think Flutie was the best Moon had such incredible talent around him on the eskies dynasty that it was hard to lose when you have Dr.Death Dave Fennel,mad dog Dan Kepley, Brian Kelley, Jim Germany,Larry Highbaugh ect.. on your team. I would rank the top 5 all time qb's 1)Flutie 2)Moon 3)AC 4) Lancaster 5) Dunnigan
You're missing something...

Old Posted Jun 29, 2012, 9:47 AM

No I am missing nothing Damon played a long time but he never had great seasons compared to those of Flutie, Moon, or AC.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2012, 2:52 PM

Lulay had a great year, but he has to continue what he did last year for a few more seasons before he can be mentioned in the same sentence as Calvillo or Ray.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2012, 3:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
I think Flutie was the best Moon had such incredible talent around him
That's an unfair way to take credit away from Moon - those Stampeders and Argonauts teams that Flutie played for were full of all-stars and hall-of-famers, too.

I can just as easily say that Flutie looked better than he did because he was surrounded by guys like Allen Pitts, Terry Vaughn, Kelvin Anderson, Alondra Johnson, & Stu Laird in Calgary; and guys like Derrel Mitchell, Pinball Clemons, and Mike O'Shea in Toronto.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2012, 3:17 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

When it comes to CFL star quarterbacks, Warren Moon also had one of the better post-CFL careers in that "other" league... You know which one I am talking about.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2012, 4:32 PM

Warren Moon would have held every CFL passing record known out there if he had stayed in the CFL. He was just that good.

Not to take anything away from the other greats but Moon was on another planet when he played up here. Too good to keep down.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2012, 4:46 PM

"We didn't have an opportunity to go 18-0 Last Year, this year we do." - BC Lions receiver Arland Bruce.

Pretty tall order, and he's pumping up every team that plays us.

Tonight Geroy Simon has a good chance to beat Milt Stegall's all time receiving yards record in the Lions season opener at BC Place.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2012, 4:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
Lulay had a great year, but he has to continue what he did last year for a few more seasons before he can be mentioned in the same sentence as Calvillo or Ray.
exactly

+1

Old Posted Jun 29, 2012, 5:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
"We didn't have an opportunity to go 18-0 Last Year, this year we do." - BC Lions receiver Arland Bruce.

Pretty tall order, and he's pumping up every team that plays us.

Tonight Geroy Simon has a good chance to beat Milt Stegall's all time receiving yards record in the Lions season opener at BC Place.
I'm not 100% convinced on the Lions like everyone else is, not just yet anyways. First off, they lost some serious leadership with Buono (even though I think Benevides is a great coach...Buono is on another level) and there were some key departures with Hunt and Elimimian, plus they had some key retirements in Brent Johnson, Sanchez and Robertson. Granted, they picked two of Toronto's best D players up in Parker and Shell (two of the only highlights in the Argo's woeful season last year) but I want to see the team in a few games before I declare them in the same vein as last year's juggernaut. I was rooting for them in the west last year, even when they started rough, and I will again this year.

There has just been so many changes offseason we don't really know what is in store yet. I will reserve my judgement until the first several weeks have passed. Don't forget, by labour day everyone had written the Lions off last year, whereas the Bombers started strong but really slowed down the second half. So much can change for any team in a season. Burris fell from grace after a strong showing. The Riders came off a Grey Cup appearance and were a disaster last year. Esks - who many were discounting - had a fairly strong showing imo last year.

There was a lot of parity last year, and this year there are a lot of new changes and faces that we really don't know what will happen.

That said, I think Simon will break the record tonight.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2012, 5:11 PM

I fully expect the Lions to finish first place in the West this year, but they will be a lot of close games. There is a lot of parity in the CFL, and in football any team can get some lucky breaks and win on any given day.

Mouthing off about how awesome your team is that they will go 18-0 before a single game has been played is just stupid.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2012, 2:31 AM

Sask looked pretty good tonight. Not bad. Happy they beat down the overhyped Hamilton team. No D there.

Bombers are letting the Lions walk into the endzone lol. D is sloppy, just got a sack though so I might be jumping the gun, but looks nothing like last year right now. And, a horrible O Line, looks exactly like I feared..

Old Posted Jun 30, 2012, 3:21 AM

Watching Buck Pierce play must be like watching Sami Salo play. You just cringe every time there's contact.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2012, 3:26 AM
EVDS MPlan Grad

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
Watching Buck Pierce play must be like watching Sami Salo play. You just cringe every time there's contact.
Pretty much. It's too bad, too (in both cases), because they're really solid players in their respective sports.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2012, 3:35 AM

yeah, its this bomber Oline that is absolutely green and giving the Lions D some Lion food in Buck Pierce

they're almost like pylons out there...never mind two of our starters aren't there, its also real weak without Labbatte who's looking good with Sask

The Lions D is also pretty damn good on top of that, which isn't helping the bombers

Looks like Bombers D is starting to click, but they will get tired soon with all these 2 and outs

btw EIGHTEEN PASSING YARDS in the first half for the Bombers....(vs 134 for the Lions)

At least Special teams doesnt suck for blue&gold this year, which is a nice surprise.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2012, 8:10 AM

Ricky Ray's homecoming! Excited for the first game of the year.. Though generally the first game can't tell whether you'll have a good season or last season, as we won the first game last year anyway.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2012, 3:24 PM

Yeah it should be a good game with the Esks and Argos. Sad to see Ray leave Edmonton, personally. But Argo's need a much needed jolt in the market and maybe a CFL star like Ray will be the jolt. It might also reinvigorate his game.

That said, I hope Edmonton wins. (Argos are in Bomber's division after all)

Old Posted Jun 30, 2012, 6:35 PM

Congratulations Geroy Simon! The most yards by a receiver in 100 years!
BC 1-0.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2012, 8:39 PM
GQMF

Geroy Simon is going to make the record completely untouchable by the time he retires.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2012, 9:41 PM
Go Chiefs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberguy View Post
Geroy Simon is going to make the record completely untouchable by the time he retires.
Jamel Richardson (if he doesn't go in the NFL) has a good chance of breaking Simon's records.

Richardson: 6,861 yds (505 catches)
Simon: 15,192 yds (940 catches)

J-Rich would only need 1,389 yds and 73 catches per season in order to get the same numbers as Simon.

Considering he's bigger, stronger than Simon and at the peak of his career, it's certainly a possibility.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2012, 11:17 PM
EVDS MPlan Grad

I didn't realize Dales was an Eskimo now. One of the best punters in the game today.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada