HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Feb 6, 2023, 2:46 PM
Community Guy

Talks resume today with Rick McIver charged with helping push it over the goal line.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Mar 2, 2023, 6:58 AM
Community Guy

BURNCO Rock Products Ltd
6,916 followers
2w •

Once upon a SKYLINE!

Today we’re throwing it back to 1983, when we had the pleasure of supply ready mix for Calgary’s iconic Scotiabank Saddledome.

The Sadeldome officially opened to a sold out Reba McEntire concert on October 15th, 1983.

https://www.linkedin.com/company/bur...5HP47ZIA%3D%3D

Old Posted Apr 25, 2023, 10:02 PM
Community Guy

The City of Calgary has signed a deal paving the way for construction of a new arena.

The City of Calgary has reached agreements, in principle, with the province, Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation (CSEC) and Calgary Stampede to proceed forward with the creation of the Culture + Entertainment District in downtown Calgary, including a new and publicly-owned event centre.

The deal is valued at $1.2 billion

The City of Calgary is contributing 44 per cent, or $537.3 million, and 56 per cent is being contributed by both the province ($330 million) and Calgary Sports and Entertainment Corporation ($356 million).

https://www.alberta.ca/release.cfm?x...55B2BDD3518B60

Old Posted Jul 26, 2023, 7:22 PM
Community Guy

In cooperation with the Minister of Transportation and Economic Corridors, who is the lead, and the Minister of Municipal Affairs, contributing up to $330 million towards road and bridge construction, LRT connection, site utilities, site reclamation and other supportive infrastructure to support the Calgary arena and entertainment district project. This funding includes up to $30 million for a new 1,000-seat community arena neighbouring the main arena that will serve youth and amateur hockey.

https://open.alberta.ca/dataset/bf7f...cture-2023.pdf

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Projects & Construction Updates