HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Victoria Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Stockholm Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Dec 7, 2007, 5:40 PM
Redhawkfan

I think this one has a pretty good chance to get built, Kista is our hope for a Swedish version of La Defence. The design is pretty good aswell, simple but clean. I like it!

Old Posted Dec 7, 2007, 9:38 PM

Nice project,Stockholm need a modern district,where taller more profitable buildings can be built.Too bad it's so far from city centre.

Old Posted Dec 7, 2007, 10:52 PM
Chaos Machine

So, they took off those cantilevers? They value engineered it into a box? Yawn. The version with the large cantilevering sections had some good potential for further development, but looked highly undeveloped in those renderings. Some exposed crossbraced links to structure them would have helped take away from the design's monotony.

I'm not against boxes.. but to be teased with a potentially more creative design first is kind of a letdown.

Old Posted Dec 8, 2007, 9:02 AM
YIMBY co-founder

^That's the feeling of Stockholmforumers on SSC too. Quoting myself:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede
You can even submit your views on-line by using a form that is linked from the above page. I did, and said the only critique I had was no more wings and that it wasn't taller.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

Old Posted Jul 2, 2008, 12:57 PM

the design of this skyscraper is Simple but it looks cool at night.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2009, 12:04 AM

Its not going to get built. Because of the anti-skyscraperism in Stockholm. And even if it was to get built. It would take decades to be completed. Damnation is covering the surface of stockholm.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2009, 8:43 AM
YIMBY co-founder

Not true at all.
The project is on-hold due to financial troubles (surprise, surprise). It is not yet dead and the City and the ExpoCenter (with which the tower will be integrated) are both saying it'll go ahead when there's money. In the normal crappy Stockholm manor this means no news whatsoever anywhere about the tower until such time as it gets funding or another proposal for the site comes along

Also, afaik there was no real anti-skyscraper movement against this one. Apparently the anti-skyscraper crowd think they're horrible buildings that oppress and depress people - but that's ok out here in the concrete suburbs.

Once funding come along it's expected to take 3 months to start construction (what both the City and ExpoCenter told me) and construction taking maybe 2-3 years.
Huopa, Nightsky, Jo, wolkenkrabber, ThisSideofSteinway, jacksom, New Jack City, LeCom, Ellatur, Jan, Dennis, Ace, Bardamu, AtlanticaC5, Ringil, Dysfunctional, stacey, karakhal, ch1le, Hviid, staff, kjetilab, Þróndeimr, queetz, FREKI, sander, Blue Viking, nomels, Mantas, ristov, Rafal_T, khaan, Chilenofuturista, Jonte Myra, safta20, AW, Pas, Jarmo K, IceCheese, Sideshow_Bob, sk, Ingenioren, Ayreonaut, Silver Creations, Hasse78, Svartmetall

Old Posted Mar 29, 2009, 8:08 PM
YIMBY co-founder

Bump for great justice!

The great justice in this case being a newer version proposed and apparently funded! About 25m shorter but built to be able to be extended be 54m at a later date. At 174m it would top the next tallest in Stockholm by about 55m - but since it's about 20m uphill from that tower the effect will be even greater.

Updated info in the first post, including a good render.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2009, 9:39 PM
YIMBY co-founder

A new quote from the investor:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finansavisen
Hotellinvestoren legger vekt på at det er billig å bygge nå.
- Hvis jeg hadde kontrahert dette for ett år siden, hadde ikke regnestykket gått i hop. Ikke bare har byggekostnadene falt, men de svenske rentene er historisk lave, sier han til Finansavisen.
Summary in English:
"If I had signed the contracts a year ago, the figures wouldn't have added up. Not just have the construction costs fallen, but the Swedish interest rates are at a historical low"
i.e.: If you got the money, now is the time to get great value for that money

Old Posted Nov 7, 2009, 8:47 PM

The construction work has begun, the official start was this week. Article here (in swedish, but with som nice renderings including interior ones):http://www.byggvarlden.se/nyheter/by...icle100186.ece

Old Posted Nov 12, 2009, 1:08 AM
YIMBY co-founder

It is U/C, I've seen it meself

pics from 10 days ago:

Old Posted Nov 12, 2009, 8:08 PM
Meh

Cool looking tower. I actually like the interior more than the exterior though. I like how bright it is inside.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2010, 5:25 PM
YIMBY co-founder

This thread is in dire need of an update!

So here's a few shots from today:

So; at least one core has completed its ground floor, and the crane that's up is probably not the real tower-crane since it does not seem to have the section used for extending cranes (or am I wrong?).

Another observation: my gloves aren't warm enough. it's nice that I can operate the camera with them on, but when it's -10 they're just not warm enough.

Old Posted Jan 6, 2010, 5:43 PM
if I sang out of tune

can't wait for this to go up, go Stockers...

Old Posted Jan 6, 2010, 6:54 PM

so whats the final design?

Old Posted Jan 6, 2010, 6:58 PM
YIMBY co-founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chex View Post
so whats the final design?
The one that's at the top of the first post:

source=http://www.stockholm.se/-/Nyheter/By...rande-byggnad/

Old Posted Jan 6, 2010, 7:24 PM

oh thanx! i read the first page, but couldnt guess wich one! it's the best design of the shown before, imo. nice render as well!!
cheers for stockholm, i've been there, it needs some nice towers, but not on the dowtown, as far as i can tell, it's not very close to downtown, wich i guess is very well guarded from this kind of towers, isn't it?

Old Posted Jan 6, 2010, 7:27 PM
Show me the blueprints

Kaleidoscopic!

Very nice.

There is no goodness in him, and his power to convince people otherwise is beyond understanding

Old Posted Jan 7, 2010, 8:48 AM
YIMBY co-founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by chex View Post
cheers for stockholm, i've been there, it needs some nice towers, but not on the dowtown, as far as i can tell, it's not very close to downtown, wich i guess is very well guarded from this kind of towers, isn't it?
Weeell that depends on what you mean by downtown. The core of downtown has highrises already (2 from the 20s and 6 from the 50s) and we in YIMBY Stockholm are working for allowing new taller highrises right by the central station (and slightly "normal" roofline on the proposed overdecking of the rail tracks).

But most of the Inner City have no plans for highrises what so ever and the Old Town does have very, very strong protection.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2010, 1:56 PM
let's work together

Red face

I really tried not to write any comment on this tower...
BUT SORRY, I CAN'T! I have to do it!

- Oh my f* god, what an eyesore - It really hurts looking at it -
U G L EEEEE Y!!!

Again, I'm sorry! But I feel much better now.
(Sorry!)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive