HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Mar 27, 2012, 11:47 AM

Sounds like Home Hardware is cutting back on their Home Furniture stores. Freddy's HF store shut down last year or so.

CBC did do an article on the electric car potential so them not posting anything on the weekend was probably as others suspect; due to the fact that their weekend crew is one guy playing WOW and occasionally forwarding articles from the mother site.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2012, 2:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
their weekend crew is one guy playing WOW and occasionally forwarding articles from the mother site.
That sounds like my kind of job! Wonder if they're hiring?

Old Posted Mar 27, 2012, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Sounds like Home Hardware is cutting back on their Home Furniture stores. Freddy's HF store shut down last year or so.
I bought a kitchen table from them 2 years ago, great quality great service...however their prices are quite high. At that time, I had been in a few weeks earlier, noted the price on their sofa and this table I was interested in...came back for their "liquidation" sale at this time...and noticed that everything was marked up by 200.00 and the sale price was actually more than what I had seen two weeks earlier.

I'm sure they were being killed nationally via big boxed stores and while they have great quality products, only a niche market is willing to pay the price for it.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2012, 10:41 PM
Our Tide is Rising

Quote:
was the Freddy store standalone? I cant remember

Old Posted Mar 27, 2012, 11:50 PM

Yes, the Freddy store was standalone, out on Bishop drive near Hanwell. Seemed a bit out of the way, but no worst than the rest of Freddy's furniture stores. It's now government offices I think.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 9:15 PM
ハルウララ

Land is being cleared on Millidge Avenue in Millidgeville across from the Irving convenience station, next to Hill Heights Road. If they're going to be building another strip mall I hope it doesn't have the same wavy parking lot like Millidge Plaza does across the street. It's nothing but swamp there.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 9:24 PM
Our Tide is Rising

The old section of Leon's was demolished yesterday to make way for phase II of the new store

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 11:44 PM

Retirement Home

Drove by two men hoisting a sign on Loch Lomand Rd. across the street from the Tim Hortons/Grape Di'Vine intersection. Looks like a fairly large Retirment complex will be breaking ground there this spring.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2012, 11:57 PM

Does anyone know if the "major anouncement" Mayor Court mentioned a while back has happened? Is it the potential fertilizer plant? I'm kind of hoping not... Thanks

Old Posted Mar 30, 2012, 11:52 PM

Looks like Second Cup is opening this year. (I'm thinking between the new BMO and St Hubert)

Thank you for your enquiry. Please understand that we cannot share the exact location of our new development yet.
Once approved, we will be happy to do so.
But yes, our plan is for this year.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Gina Hartly
Franchise Development Associate – Recruitment
The Second Cup Ltd

Old Posted Mar 31, 2012, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownJeff View Post
Has anyone heard anything about the revival of the plan to build a road across Maine? Apparently this was going forward prior to the economic downturn but I hear bits and pieces lately that the US Senate has just approved it? I understand that it would cut the time to Montreal to about 4 hours? This could be huge for Saint John - trucking goods from Central Canada to the port and vice versa - especially now with MSC docking here.

Also, with regards to the car plant - why has CBC not reported on this? It was a tiny blurb on a local radio station....for something that could be this big there seems to be very little interest??
There was an Article at the beginning of the Business Section of the Telegraph Journal today. To sum it up there was some form of meeting held in St Stephen recently about it, and construction could commence in 3 years time. It was also mentioned that if this highway goes ahead it could also become a route for an oil pipeline from the Montreal Area to St Stephen

Old Posted Mar 31, 2012, 6:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoyleRulez View Post
Drove by two men hoisting a sign on Loch Lomand Rd. across the street from the Tim Hortons/Grape Di'Vine intersection. Looks like a fairly large Retirment complex will be breaking ground there this spring.
It does look like a sizeable project. I live in Forest Hills and was not aware of such a development. I'm sure there is a great need for such a facility.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2012, 11:02 PM

Toll Road Across Maine

Here's a link to the Bangor paper - looks like this may actually happen. The possibility of having goods to the markets in Central Canada hours sooner could drive alot of traffic. Also, if there is a chance of also having an oil pipeline follow the route maybe the 2nd Irving refinery may also still be in the cards at some point?

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/03/2...o-opportunity/

Old Posted Apr 1, 2012, 1:35 PM

Does anybody know something about Woodhollow park?
How are the apartments there? How does it looks like,I mean the area?
I saw only one picture of this project here on this forum

I am asking because gonna rent a two bedroom apartment,that facing to Ellerdale st.

Need all information you have,appreciate that.

Last edited by andreybaron; Apr 1, 2012 at 4:58 PM.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2012, 8:50 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by UptownJeff View Post
Here's a link to the Bangor paper - looks like this may actually happen. The possibility of having goods to the markets in Central Canada hours sooner could drive alot of traffic. Also, if there is a chance of also having an oil pipeline follow the route maybe the 2nd Irving refinery may also still be in the cards at some point?

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/03/2...o-opportunity/
The Atlantic Canada Regional Thread deals with the trans-Maine highway.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregHickman View Post
The Atlantic Canada Regional Thread deals with the trans-Maine highway.
thanks greg. appreciate the direction

Old Posted Apr 2, 2012, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreybaron View Post
Does anybody know something about Woodhollow park?
How are the apartments there? How does it looks like,I mean the area?
I saw only one picture of this project here on this forum

I am asking because gonna rent a two bedroom apartment,that facing to Ellerdale st.

Need all information you have,appreciate that.
A friend of mine has an apartment there. The area is okay, though Ellerdale is not very well maintained (even by Saint John standards). The apartments are quite nice. Not particularly large, but nice all the same.

Old Posted Apr 2, 2012, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ire Narissis View Post
A friend of mine has an apartment there. The area is okay, though Ellerdale is not very well maintained (even by Saint John standards). The apartments are quite nice. Not particularly large, but nice all the same.
Thanks a lot
Seems you right,everybody says apartments are good there

Old Posted Apr 2, 2012, 5:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoyleRulez View Post
Likewise, I went by and noticed it is being built by the Knights of Columbus. It is named the Father Angus O'Leary Center and is three-floors and about 25 to 30 plus units.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2012, 10:48 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Hickman
Land is being cleared on Millidge Avenue in Millidgeville across from the Irving convenience station, next to Hill Heights Road.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces