HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa

Gotham Ottawa in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Ottawa Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Nov 2, 2011, 2:10 PM

Hahah Jamaican-Phoenix, that's pretty strange. I've used this username elsewhere for many years heh. JC are my initials. I swear I'm not your doppelganger :p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Town Hockey View Post
Photos??
I got some photos that night but there were so many people crammed into the model suite it was hard to get a good photo of anything. I'm going to go back in the next few days (possibly today) and try and take some better photos if they're open.

They showed off the 685 square foot model. I've never seen any other model suites before so I don't know how precise they usually are but this felt colder because the ceilings were white and way higher (11 feet) here than they will be in the final versions of the condos, which will be 9 feet high and exposed concrete.

My feelings on the model suite: I liked the layout but I didn't like the overall look they picked to showcase it. They went for a heavy black-and-white-and-grey scheme that looked a little sterile with these silvery/grey wood floors, completely black and white cabinets, white/black/grey furniture, a concrete wall (well, painted to look like one right now anyway) on the right of the main living area and this tacky black cross-hatch material that I hated on the left wall. Apparently, I was told some people actually loved that material(!) and asked if they could get it for their final suites. Thankfully, that cross-hatch material is for the model suite only and the final versions of the suites will have white or painted walls there. But along with the extra-high ceilings for the model and the cold white lighting they used, the suite felt somewhat uninviting. I'm curious to see how it looks during the day as I think the lighting they used and the fact that it was already completely dark outside, made the suite look a lot colder.

I do like the matte finishes for the bathroom tiles and the silvery/grey floor worked well in the den area. The frosted glass doors look nice as well. The balcony area which is a little bigger than mine is spacious.

Basically, all the fundamental elements look very good and I'm still quite happy with my purchase. The issues I had all lay in the uninviting (lack of) colors they chose which is simply a matter of picking the right finishes, furniture, and lighting. In terms of the standard options for floors, there's a dark brown wood one that I quite like. Also, I didn't mind the silvery/grey floors, it was just combining it with the black and white look of everything else that I didn't like.

My walls will be white on both sides of the main living space so I think if I just paint one of the walls a highlight color, and keep my cabinets and counter less harsh (like the white combined with the grey) or upgrade them to some kind of wood finish, combined with some warm lighting, the place will be exactly what I was hoping for. Ideally, I'm looking to make my place feel inviting in a similar way to the London model suite for Central1 (http://www.centralcondominiums.com/flash.php).

Last edited by jcphoenix; Nov 2, 2011 at 5:09 PM.

Old Posted Nov 2, 2011, 5:36 PM

Okay I take back what I said . It looks much better in daylight and without people crowding around. It also looks like they dimmed the lighting a bit more. Still hate the temp cross-hatch wall though and I do still think for the model, they could use some more color. But it actually looks pretty good, especially without all the people crowding around.

Oh and I just found out the floor I'm on will have an added bonus of 10 foot exposed concrete ceilings rather than 9 feet!

Also, they are approximately 50% sold out and the lady said everything is in place for construction to begin at any time, they just need to hit 70% sold out to start. She said construction is currently slated to start in May/June 2012.

Finishes

Main area

Bathroom

Den

Bedroom

Balcony

Old Posted Nov 3, 2011, 4:50 PM

That looks pretty decent, and I can see that it's got a lot of design characteristics that are part of the Lambcorp brand. What's funny though, is if you browse the pics quickly, you'd swear you were looking at photos of IKEA showcases...lol

Old Posted Nov 8, 2011, 2:40 AM
Elle est déjà vide!

I actually don't mind the cross-hatch at all...

Old Posted Nov 13, 2011, 2:42 AM

Haha well to each their own :p.

Just adding a link to an article in the Ottawa Citizen about the Gotham launch - they got the part about the ceilings wrong probably cause they just assumed since the model suite had 11 foot ceilings, all the suites would have 11 foot ceilings. It will be 9 foot ceilings on all floors except the top few and the 5th floor where it will be 10 foot ceilings:

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/story_p...61702&sponsor=

Old Posted Nov 13, 2011, 6:46 AM

This is great stuff

Old Posted Nov 17, 2011, 8:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikegypsy View Post
This is great stuff
I noticed Brad Lamb in the City Hall cafeteria yesterday morning with his team of consultants etc.....maybe he is filming another episode of his care in the community series

Old Posted Jan 22, 2012, 5:09 AM
National Capital Region

http://www.juteaujohnsoncomba.com/ms_september2011.htm
The largest transaction was the sale of a 15,329 square foot parcel of residential land with frontage on Gloucester and Lyon Streets. The property was purchased by Bel-Ottawa Inc. from Byron Rental Properties for $3,150,000 or $205/sf. The property is currently improved but was purchased for land value only. The purchaser intends to redevelop the property with a 17-storey, 240 unit condominium building

Old Posted Feb 7, 2012, 2:50 PM

Does anyone know how sales are & is there a set date when construction will start?

Old Posted Mar 7, 2012, 2:26 AM

Got an email yesterday with a new promotion stating that they are closing the Sales Centre.
I called the Sales Centre and was told that they have reached their sales target of 60% sold. They plan on breaking ground in May, and expect to have the first level completed in Nov. 2013.

Peter

Old Posted Mar 7, 2012, 3:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redback View Post
Got an email yesterday with a new promotion stating that they are closing the Sales Centre.
I called the Sales Centre and was told that they have reached their sales target of 60% sold. They plan on breaking ground in May, and expect to have the first level completed in Nov. 2013.

Peter
May 2012 to Nov 13 (year and a half) for the construction to reah ground floor? Or for the building to be completed?

Old Posted Mar 7, 2012, 9:19 PM

First level expectted to be completed by Nov. 2013.

Peter

Old Posted Mar 16, 2012, 6:20 PM

From DCN:

Quote:
CONDOMINIUMS

Proj: 9139064-4

Ottawa, Ottawa-Carleton Reg ON

NEGOTIATED/WORKING DRAWINGS

Gotham Ottawa, Gloucester St W & Lyon St N, K1R

$42,180,000 est

Start: May, 2012 Complete: January, 2014

Note: Owner has received zoning amendment approval from the municipality. Sub trades can be followed under report number 9152872. Excavation is anticipated to begin in May 2012. Further update at that time.

Project: proposed construction of a 17-storey condominium that will contain 251 units.

Scope: 285,000 square feet; 18 storeys; 5 storeys below grade; 240 units; parking for 90 cars

Development: New

Category: Apartment bldgs
source

Old Posted May 27, 2012, 11:25 AM

Does anyone know have they started on this one yet?

Old Posted Jun 28, 2012, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydog0212 View Post
Does anyone know have they started on this one yet?
GLOUCESTER STREET HOUSE DECONSTRUCTED

Old Posted Jun 28, 2012, 5:49 PM

why on earth would they dismantle them piece by piece like that? They're not fancy places, making it hard to imagine any of the materials are worth reclaiming...?

Old Posted Jun 28, 2012, 5:53 PM

LEED certification?

Old Posted Jun 28, 2012, 5:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
LEED certification?
yeah... that's my thought too

Old Posted Jun 28, 2012, 6:01 PM

good point; I always forget how important dealing with the demo waste is in the scoring for the higher levels of certification (also noteworthy is how ignored this is by most self-described "green" buildings where LEED / BOMA BESt / etc. designations are conspicuously absent; e.g., any "green" house by Hidden City).

Old Posted Jun 29, 2012, 10:57 AM

I am happy they have started on this project it should add to the skyline.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > Downtown & City of Ottawa