HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Jan 25, 2013, 6:52 PM

Awesome tour of Kiev. Those old soviet trains have character.

Old Posted Jan 27, 2013, 4:15 PM
Kiev > Toronto > Montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie View Post
Interesting mix, of an unknown place and its people. What got me was the cars and the adverage pay of $200 a month. We in the US are blessed, and to think of all the money spent here on vice and bottled water..
It's easy to feel blessed as you say but on the other hand these people don't know what America is all about. They just see stuff on TV. And considering the financial crisis and the state of US economy public opinion is not what it was in the 90's.

Don't get me wrong, about half the (young) people would jump at the chance of moving to US but a lot have this opinion "why do I need this America for? / why would America want me?"

There are a LOT of wealthy people. Millionaires (in US$). But they all steal money, from the state budget, from their fellow people if they have the right connections, bribery is rampant. There is no way you can make this money legally. 90% though, live poorly. Here are some of the cars these "Kiev millionaires" drive.

There is probably a 50% split between ultra luxury cars on the road and regular hondas and toyotas - which are also not cheap by any means..

I believe a new escalade costs something from $100-$150k. Not to mention gas is $1.30/L

Most people, just ride these lovely things:

The ones that have cars like these above, probably took out a huge loan and had to pay it off in 5+ years. After all, a big van can carry your family, carry products to the weekly market which allow you to feed your family. The same goes for taxi drivers. Most take loans on cars like daewoo or some Chinese car, and drive on propane. Only after 5 years they can pay their car off.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos