HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe

Old Posted May 12, 2007, 4:10 PM

CrazySerb goes to BUDAPEST - Part I

Ok, enough of boring Paris, London, Barcelona

Photos are from my tour of Western (parts of) Eastern Europe last month (April 2007).

I'm embarassed to say, as someone coming from Belgrade/Serbia, this was my first ever visit to Hungary's capital. There are many cities today that are pretending to the title of "New Prague", including my own, but only Budapest so far seems to be having any success at pulling it off. I'd even be tempted to say that I liked Budapest more than Prague and its other big neighbour Vienna, both of which I visited.

What astonished me the most about Budapest, was the river activity. Hard for me to admit, but it was slightly more active than even Belgrade's. In Prague it was pretty subdued, while in another big city from which I had great expectations, Warsaw, it was dead.

Here are the pics:

Old Posted May 13, 2007, 1:07 AM
fried white rice

It's nice to see that river being used by boats, it makes a city feel more lively. The Parliament building is gorgeous and so are some of the bridges. Overall a very nice city.

Old Posted May 13, 2007, 8:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrbijaCG View Post
Ok, enough of boring Paris, London, Barcelona

Photos are from my tour of Western (parts of) Eastern Europe last month (April 2007).

I'm embarassed to say, as someone coming from Belgrade/Serbia, this was my first ever visit to Hungary's capital. There are many cities today that are pretending to the title of "New Prague", including my own, but only Budapest so far seems to be having any success at pulling it off. I'd even be tempted to say that I liked Budapest more than Prague and its other big neighbour Vienna, both of which I visited.

What astonished me the most about Budapest, was the river activity. Hard for me to admit, but it was slightly more active than even Belgrade's. In Prague it was pretty subdued, while in another big city from which I had great expectations, Warsaw, it was dead.
I've been to Budapest a few times (also many times in Prague and once in Vienna) and I agree with You - in my opinion Budapest is better then Vienna (as for Prague I can not decide - I love both - Prague and Budapest).

Warsaw has no chances in beauty contest with Budapest or Prague, but in my opinion it's nothing to be ashamed of because these two cities are one of the most beautiful cities in the world (if not the most beautiful).

And Yes - You are right - in Warsaw Vistula is "dead" - although there are some ship cruises, specialy during the summer seasone. There are many reasons why is that - anyway - let's hope it will change in the future.

And thanx for the photos - I am waiting for more

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Europe