HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Holland Parkside I in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Surrey Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Apr 30, 2008, 5:28 AM

hmm, well it only came in about a month ago, hard to say that it is complete jhauser. Im not quite satisified with that road layout through the site, looks a little substandard. a connection to the days inn site needs to be provided...

Old Posted Apr 30, 2008, 4:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lead View Post

WOW

I can't wait to see your 3D model of the central city area. I remember awhile ago someone did a similar SketchUp model of the same area but this was before the Gateway Office park and these Holland Pointe towers. GJ
Looks nice. I hope in the final design that they have some retail presence on King George since it is a major street

Old Posted May 1, 2008, 8:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc85 View Post
hmm, well it only came in about a month ago, hard to say that it is complete jhauser. Im not quite satisified with that road layout through the site, looks a little substandard. a connection to the days inn site needs to be provided...
Absolutely. Thus why I said at the start that this is just the first cut that I saw. I know with personal experience how sometimes plans go through quick, sometimes plans take years to flesh out and can change vastly.

Not to mention this year is an election year so some of the projects getting closer to November may change or vanish come a change in council leadership. I have a hard time believing that the Surrey political scene is going to change much this election, but you never know.

The original design though which I snapshotted (from within Sketchpad) was actually made available January 2008 which from what I gather was before it was submitted. Like I said, could change who knows.

:-)

I'm not sure what you mean regarding a link to the Day's Inn though? Do you mean pedestrian wise? Or road wise?

Old Posted May 1, 2008, 10:26 PM
A.H.-Ha!

The full potential of Downtown Surrey is finally exposed

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 2:19 AM

A picture of the site I took the other day during the Holland Park grand opening.

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 3:45 AM

^Usually I'm not a big fan of tree clearing but in this case I can't wait to see that site leveled. It looks like it is covered in half dead trees and vagrant remnants.

Old Posted May 26, 2008, 10:21 PM

yah its a pretty dead site - been so for as long as i can remember

Old Posted Oct 1, 2008, 12:16 PM

[Surrey] | 41, 36 & 30 floors | approved

[Source: Surrey North Delta Leader]

Surrey North Delta Leader
41-storey tower coming

By Kevin Diakiw - Surrey North Delta Leader

Published: September 30, 2008 11:00 AM
Updated: September 30, 2008 3:36 PM

Whalley will soon be home to this city’s tallest towers, with one reaching more than 40 storeys.

Surrey council gave early approval to three highrise residential apartment buildings, which will be located at 13583 98A Ave.

The tallest will be 41 storeys, and the other two, which will be built close by, will be 36 and 30 storeys.

They will be the tallest buildings in Surrey by a large stretch.

Council was extremely enthused with the stylish tower designs presented to them by Patrick Cotter, the architect for the project.

“I hope you build something as nice as the pictures you’ve given to us,” said Coun. Marvin Hunt.

Coun. Bob Bose called it a “very exciting project,” and he was pleased to see an office component to it.

He said he’s like to see more projects like it, and noted other architects and developers should follow suit.

Coun. Linda Hepner thanked Cotter, saying it’s just the kind of development Surrey needs.

“It’s about time somebody did share our vision.”

Cotter told The Leader after the meeting the project could break ground as soon as next May.

kdiakiw@surreyleader.com

I, for one, like the initial rendering - How long, I wonder, before projects like this and the Gateway "office park" development break ground?

Sorry, I'm not sure what the title of this project is. . .

Old Posted Oct 1, 2008, 3:13 PM
Traveller Extraodinaire

Isn't this Holland Pointe? The address seems to fit it, as well as their being three towers of varying heights...

Old Posted Oct 1, 2008, 3:13 PM

^ wow, the one in front looks amazing.....sortof like a wider but shorter version of the Shangri-la, only in shape of course.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2008, 3:27 PM

great news thanks!

Old Posted Oct 1, 2008, 3:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff's two cents View Post

I, for one, like the initial rendering - How long, I wonder, before projects like this and the Gateway "office park" development break ground?

Sorry, I'm not sure what the title of this project is. . .
Unfortunately, both this project and the new Gateway park are phased.

For this project - the 41-storey tower is part of phase 3, so likely a few years before construction starts. On the plus side, it is 138 metres tall.

For Gateway - here is an excerpt from the rezoning:

The applicant proposes to develop the project in phases, with timing based on the ability to secure tenants for the proposed office space.

Had they proposed this two years ago, I might expect it to go ahead. As it stands, they've been looking for tenants for over 6 months now and no luck. One can only hope they get lucky.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2008, 4:06 PM

Well at least there is quite a bit of enthuasiam on this project. The project is in a holding pattern right now, but as soon as that tenant is found the developer, contractor and city are all ready to jump into action right away. To be honest I'm surprised there isnt much interest in the lower sf office rates being offered in Surrey, as there is seemingly enough demand in Vancouver for sub $30 psf rates.

Also Hollande point will in fact be phased as Phesto noted, however the phases are set to have slight overlap so construction at this point is set to be continuious through the three tower phases. This being said the plans are still quite preliminary so it could easily change for the better or worse. As it stands right now look for a mid 2009 construction start.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2008, 5:57 PM

Looks good, thanks.
In the rendering (looking south down King George) that would be Infinity (1) on the left and you can see the blue peaked roof of the Best Buy on the right (and the Skytrain guideway crossing King George).

Old Posted Oct 1, 2008, 5:59 PM

I wish surrey had this great plan in place 10 years ago, then i would not be so worried about the outcome of all these great proposals.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2008, 7:26 PM

Huh... I actually liked the design of the renderings we were seeing before. It was very eclectic, curvy and modern. That big tower in the foreground is supposed to be a signature building... looks to me just like a Shangri-la copy. And frankly, the Shangri-la is anything but "signature".

Old Posted Oct 1, 2008, 7:49 PM

I really like the one in front, I agree it does look like the Shangri-la. Keep in mind though that if this one is considered a "signature" tower, is is just one of MANY to come. There are some in the works and planning stages that will knock the socks off this one. But I think this is great news for Surrey, and cant wait to see them break ground!

Old Posted Oct 1, 2008, 9:12 PM

sweet

its right beside the park in what has sat empty for years

will really help that area not feel so diconnected as it does now

Old Posted Oct 1, 2008, 9:31 PM

No way these towers start construction in this decade, I think it will be a while still. The market is not working in their favor.

As far as Gateway goes, originally in the early 90's they had 5 office towers and atleast 7 residential towers planned, almost 20 years later we still have one office tower and threee residential towers and a couple low rises buildings that were originally suposed to be towers. Personally im not expecting anything big anytime soon with the office towers, though im sure one day they will be built...who know when though, it could easily be another decade(though I doubt it)

Old Posted Oct 1, 2008, 9:35 PM

I really hope Metro vancouver really sells itself hard to the international business community during the olympics. there is no reason for us to have so few head offices as of now. You would think being such a major port and pacific gateway we would at least have major shipping/trading company head offices. hopefully we continue to gather more strength from the technology sector.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley