HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation

Old Posted Nov 12, 2019, 8:09 PM

Wow, I can't believe it's taken years to extend the people mover a third of a mile. This is madness, what have they been doing all this time? When are they ever going to finish it?

Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 6:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronvonellis View Post
Wow, I can't believe it's taken years to extend the people mover a third of a mile. This is madness, what have they been doing all this time? When are they ever going to finish it?
Patience! They still have to be done soon. Right now, they haven't find a specific date yet. So please be patients. Give it a time! Give it chance!

Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 6:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N830MH View Post
Patience! They still have to be done soon. Right now, they haven't find a specific date yet. So please be patients. Give it a time! Give it chance!
Do you work for the contractor doing the work? This project is an embarrassment to the city and airport. For the time and what they actually are doing it's insane. I rode on the bus system a week ago connecting from T5 to T3; what an awful experience, especially for any foreigners, elderly and children. This is probably the reason the new T2 won't initially have the underground train connecting the two new satellites to the main terminal. The project manager already said completing it by 2028 isn't possible.

On a serious note, can you imagine connecting from a flight at the end of the 2nd new satellite terminal and having to connect to B17? Not having a train will be a mistake.

Old Posted Nov 13, 2019, 7:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbud View Post
Do you work for the contractor doing the work? This project is an embarrassment to the city and airport. For the time and what they actually are doing it's insane. I rode on the bus system a week ago connecting from T5 to T3; what an awful experience, especially for any foreigners, elderly and children. This is probably the reason the new T2 won't initially have the underground train connecting the two new satellites to the main terminal. The project manager already said completing it by 2028 isn't possible.

On a serious note, can you imagine connecting from a flight at the end of the 2nd new satellite terminal and having to connect to B17? Not having a train will be a mistake.
That's just as bad as gate B12 at MSP connecting to a G-gate!

Any news on construction? They "broke ground" on terminal 5 changes in March, I assumed they were waiting till the end of the summer season to take the end gate jet bridge (M21 I think) down.

I did see them digging up the tarmac at that end of the terminal to make more space, but so far, I haven't been able to see any work on the building itself.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 6:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbud View Post

No, sir! I don't work for contractor. Sorry!

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 3:33 PM

B17 - could the footprint work for the A380

I know the A380 production is ending soon. But with Lufthansa having them in their fleet was there ever discussion or a plan to modify United T1 gate B17 to be A380 compatible? I know B16 is also a wide body gate, but the terminal 5 1-gate a380 gate space was creatively angled for the A380 to not jeopardize the use of the gates next to it. Maybe there just isn’t the footprint available. I was thinking of this as I read that Lufthansa flies the whale to BOS. I know it probably won’t happen now with the future of the A380.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Transportation