January 2014 - Strandherd Armstrong Bridge Update
I would like to provide residents with an update on the construction of the Strandherd-Armstrong Bridge. Over the course of the winter months residents can expect to see the following work take place:
· Utility installation (i.e. Hydro, Bell, Rogers, traffic, lighting) on the approaches;
· Removal of the formwork for the deck;
· Formwork, rebar and concrete pour of the barrier walls as weather permits;
· Electrical wiring and lighting work, ducts, wires, installation of fixtures;
· Continued removal of temporary structures from the River.
City engineers continue to work very closely with the contractor to ensure all opportunities to accelerate the work continue to be explored.
I am pleased that progress continues to be made over the winter months, in sometimes difficult weather conditions. I look forward to the completion of the Strandherd-Armstrong Bridge project.
The planned completion date for the bridge remains September 2014.