HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > General Discussion

Old Posted Jul 18, 2023, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
Le Parc is hard to define as it's got a huge grade change down to St Laurent. The original higher measurement may have had something to do with that.

Regarding the short floor heights - older apartment buildings, particularly those built before the 1990's, often had very short ceiling heights. A 20 storey building built today will generally be significantly taller than a 20 storey building built in 1980.
To get to 104m you need to find a base at 59 metres, which doesn't exist anywhere in the vicinity.

edit : I should note that the elevation data on Google is only considered accurate to within approx 30m in most cases, but this has zero effect on building measurement height from base to tip using the tool.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2023, 8:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley613 View Post
Even if you measure way down on the middle of St. Laurent, you are still only at 93m.
Well then I have no idea how anyone got to 104m

Thanks for all your work getting some more accurate heights. Must have taken you a while to do that and update the Wikipedia.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2023, 8:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.OT13 View Post
Well then I have no idea how anyone got to 104m
Probably random number from Emporis or some other source that stuck over the years. I drive that building every afternoon and I have been absolutely CERTAIN it's not over 100m, so I'm really excited about our new tool!

Edit: and you are welcome. I am excited to go out and get new shots for the wiki for the new arrivals.

Last edited by Harley613; Jul 18, 2023 at 8:42 PM.

Old Posted Jul 18, 2023, 10:28 PM

I remeasured and adjusted (on the wiki) Place du Portage 1. It seemed a little high. I would guess 106m to be very accurate. Hard to figure out the exact base.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Ottawa-Gatineau > General Discussion