HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum
     

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Reply

 
Thread Tools Display Modes
     
     
  #101  
Old Posted Aug 31, 2016, 4:36 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is online now
Think about Winnipeg.
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,830
^ Paying for actual costs! What a concept.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #102  
Old Posted Sep 2, 2016, 1:12 AM
bogdog's Avatar
bogdog bogdog is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 30
Infrastructure Costs in Pointe Hébert

I would be pleasantly surprised if that part of St B had separated sewers.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #103  
Old Posted Sep 2, 2016, 5:59 PM
buzzg buzzg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,827
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdog View Post
I would be pleasantly surprised if that part of St B had separated sewers.
It doesn't. I remember this coming up somewhere because people were saying they should've upgraded them before they started all this redevelopment. But alas, no dice.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #104  
Old Posted Sep 2, 2016, 7:18 PM
Urban recluse Urban recluse is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,724
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #105  
Old Posted Sep 2, 2016, 8:15 PM
buzzg buzzg is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,827
The big corner building across the street just finished being completely redone too and looks great. No 2016 Streetview on Marion yet lol.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #106  
Old Posted Sep 2, 2016, 10:11 PM
Jeff's Avatar
Jeff Jeff is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Winnipeg|MB
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
The big corner building across the street just finished being completely redone too and looks great. No 2016 Streetview on Marion yet lol.
and the CRU's are actually filling up pretty quickly! must be good rent deals as some storefronts further south on tache are taking forever to fill up. on a side note, I hope the success of the redevelopment of that two-storey, riverfront building the exchange group moved into sparks some more reno's around there. its pretty dumpy when you get up close and personal to most of those buildings.
__________________
instagram: @jeff_vernaus
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #107  
Old Posted Sep 2, 2016, 10:31 PM
Urban recluse Urban recluse is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzg View Post
The big corner building across the street just finished being completely redone too and looks great. No 2016 Streetview on Marion yet lol.
That building has always been a favorite of mine; glad to hear.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #108  
Old Posted Sep 3, 2016, 2:04 AM
Urban recluse Urban recluse is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,724
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #109  
Old Posted Sep 6, 2016, 12:27 PM
wags_in_the_peg wags_in_the_peg is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,921
they've been trying to get tenants for 1+ years, no luck at all.
__________________
just an ordinary Prairie Boy who loves to be in the loop on what is going on
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #110  
Old Posted Sep 6, 2016, 2:36 PM
Urban recluse Urban recluse is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 4,724
That is most unfortunate.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #111  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 5:40 PM
wags_in_the_peg wags_in_the_peg is online now
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 1,921
the first home in this area has come up for re-sale. was built for a local chef, so the kitchen is awesome. neat place, love the upstairs patio with fireplace, but $988k is crazy.

https://www.realtor.ca/Residential/S...A1-St-Boniface



__________________
just an ordinary Prairie Boy who loves to be in the loop on what is going on
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #112  
Old Posted Sep 14, 2016, 6:03 PM
esquire's Avatar
esquire esquire is online now
Think about Winnipeg.
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 20,830
^ Beautiful home, but yow, a million bucks?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #113  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 1:15 PM
TimeFadesAway TimeFadesAway is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by wags_in_the_peg View Post
the first home in this area has come up for re-sale. was built for a local chef, so the kitchen is awesome. neat place, love the upstairs patio with fireplace, but $988k is crazy.
I don't know many chefs who could afford a place like this without engaging in some kind of (ahem) side business. Can you say CRA audit?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #114  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 1:39 PM
Riverman's Avatar
Riverman Riverman is offline
Fossil fuel & rubber
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cobourg, ON/Mesa, AZ
Posts: 3,554
There is no reason to resent someone because they are successful. Harbouring petty jealosies is not a good trait.
__________________
Get off my lawn.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #115  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 1:42 PM
Ando Ando is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,079
Beautiful big new home, up and coming neighbourhood, across from a park, close to downtown, these kind of amenities are attractive and contribute to potential sale price.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #116  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 1:45 PM
Riverman's Avatar
Riverman Riverman is offline
Fossil fuel & rubber
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cobourg, ON/Mesa, AZ
Posts: 3,554
The price IMO is high but very reasonable given that this will likely become one of Winnipeg's most sought after neighbourhoods.
__________________
Get off my lawn.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #117  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 1:47 PM
TimeFadesAway TimeFadesAway is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
There is no reason to resent someone because they are successful. Harbouring petty jealosies is not a good trait.
Know a lot of chefs who can afford million dollar houses, do you?
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #118  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 1:51 PM
Riverman's Avatar
Riverman Riverman is offline
Fossil fuel & rubber
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cobourg, ON/Mesa, AZ
Posts: 3,554
Have you not heard the term "old money"? Maybe the person became a chef because they are wealthy enough to not need to care about income.
__________________
Get off my lawn.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #119  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 1:52 PM
Ando Ando is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,079
Exactly. Just because someone is a chef doesn't mean they don't have other sources of income. And there are some chefs who are wealthy and run several restaurants.
Reply With Quote
     
     
  #120  
Old Posted Sep 15, 2016, 2:22 PM
rrskylar's Avatar
rrskylar rrskylar is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: WINNIPEG
Posts: 5,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
^ Beautiful home, but yow, a million bucks?
$500+/per square doesn't make sense for that home
__________________
I'm sober enough to know what I'm doing, and drunk enough to really enjoy it.
Reply With Quote
     
     
This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts
 
 
Reply

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan
Forum Jump


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 6:45 PM.

     

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.