HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Telus Garden Residential Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Vancouver Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Mar 13, 2012, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
BlackBerry pics by me today:

By officedweller at 2012-03-13

By officedweller at 2012-03-13

There goes most of the views for the west facing units in the Hermitage.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2012, 3:34 AM

Don't recall seeing this posted:

Quote:
Bull Housser moving to TELUS Garden

VANCOUVER, March 2, 2012 /CNW/ - Law firm Bull Housser has signed on as TELUS Garden's first commercial tenant. Once the one-million square foot development is complete in 2014, the 120-year-old firm will move 250 personnel to occupy approximately 67,000 square feet of space on three full high-rise floors of the office tower being built as part of the overall development.

http://www.newswire.ca/fr/story/9314...o-telus-garden

That news release also calls its a 53 storey condo tower...

Old Posted Mar 15, 2012, 7:19 AM
Blazed Member - Citygater

check out the news story on this preject and noise >> http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/Canad.../ID=2209805710

some fool complaining to the news ... says he has lived in Le Hermitage for 2.5 years .... and never heard about the project till demo started. LOL I guess the signs for rezoning around the site were too obvious?

also he turned to CBC news for help ..... maybe if he actually watched CBC news or read the website he would have seen news about the project .... it was FRONT PAGE news when it first broke ... big news .... yet this guy never noticed? cry me a river .....

"orange vested guy" - towerguy3

Last edited by hollywoodnorth; Mar 15, 2012 at 7:39 AM.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2012, 8:36 AM

Meh, entitled NIMBYs. A growing city, especially in downtown, is going to have constructions. The world isn't going to stop moving just because you live there, and I doubt the noise from this construction site is any louder than any other large construction sites which other people also have to suffer through.

The fact that he can move at will and that he has a second housing option in the Sunshine Coast means little sympathy from other people.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2012, 7:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodnorth View Post
check out the news story on this preject and noise >> http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/Canad.../ID=2209805710

some fool complaining to the news ... says he has lived in Le Hermitage for 2.5 years .... and never heard about the project till demo started. LOL I guess the signs for rezoning around the site were too obvious?

also he turned to CBC news for help ..... maybe if he actually watched CBC news or read the website he would have seen news about the project .... it was FRONT PAGE news when it first broke ... big news .... yet this guy never noticed? cry me a river .....
You'll always have people complaining about something in the city. This isn't surprising at all. well, this person can either deal with it, or move somewhere else where it's quieter. out in the suburbs perhaps.

if you live in downtown - residents should expect a certain level of noise. i do wonder sometimes the number of complaints about living in downtown, and how it's noisy and what not. c'mon. this is common place in asia, places like hk, or korea, japan, etc. i think complaining may be a past time for some people in this city. good grief. stop complaining already. vancouver's a growing city, and it will continue to grow, that means, more construction, and more people coming here to live, which means, it gets more dense with...yep. people.

there's lots of stuff going on in richmond. i don't really hear people complaining here about construction, well, at least not among friends.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2012, 7:22 PM

This guy sounds like a crackpot, but I don't think it's fair to dismiss all complaints as NIMBY.

One of the things that bothered me living in another building with other construction ongoing for 3 years was the noise first thing Saturday morning. Most construction crews run 6 days a week, and start at the same time (before 8am I think) every day. I'd like to see that limit changed to about 10am on a Saturday... oh well.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2012, 7:39 PM

Quote:
check out the news story on this preject and noise >>

No way I used to work with that guy! I recall him telling me that he lived in L'Hermitage, I guess we never got around to discussing the developments around him haha. I would have thought he was more informed (in general) to understand that any construction project is loud

Old Posted Mar 15, 2012, 8:43 PM

What about all the noise neighbors had to endure when the building he is now living in, the L'Hermitage, was being built a few years ago? I wonder if he considered that, hmm.

Old Posted Mar 15, 2012, 9:48 PM

Quote:

Gotta love these people. Buildings are the area have received notices from city of vancouver in the mail that there is a proposed development taking place many months ago! Don't tell me he doesn't check his mail? He must be hiding underneath a rock all these years.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2012, 8:07 AM

The work they've been doing on the Seymour side is the entrance to the presentation centre. It's just a reception area before taking you up to the centre in the atrium.

pix by Built Form

Old Posted Mar 16, 2012, 2:10 PM

They have a realtor event there on Wednesday. Also in my invite from telus they refer to the building as 53 floors

Old Posted Mar 16, 2012, 3:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by osirisboy View Post
They have a realtor event there on Wednesday. Also in my invite from telus they refer to the building as 53 floors
If they're suggesting 53 floors, I'm guessing they've deleted floors ending in 4, but not starting with 4 (like they did for Metroplace in Burnaby).

This would seem to indicate that Westbank will not be marketing exclusively to Chinese before opening to the general public? (like they did for Granville/70th)

Old Posted Mar 16, 2012, 4:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenC12 View Post
Most construction crews run 6 days a week, and start at the same time (before 8am I think) every day.
City bylaws allow construction to start at 7 am, which I agree is too early, especially on weekends.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2012, 5:08 PM
ON3P Skis

Major construction can't start until 10am on weekends. At least that is the way it was when I was working construction.

edit: And how is that CBC clip even qualify as news? This just in, construction causes noise, also, water is wet and fire is hot!

Old Posted Mar 16, 2012, 5:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreambrother808 View Post
City bylaws allow construction to start at 7 am, which I agree is too early, especially on weekends.
It is not that early at all, unless you want to drag on projects forever, do remember that during winter it gets too dark to work for many between 4 and 5 pm.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2012, 5:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post
It is not that early at all, unless you want to drag on projects forever, do remember that during winter it gets too dark to work for many between 4 and 5 pm.
What's your address again? I need to calibrate my jackhammer.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2012, 7:45 PM

Dude, i spent 3 years living next to a construction zone, starting at 7, with active blasting, and i honestly did not care / bitch about it.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2012, 8:09 PM

7am to 3:30pm, M-F are standard construction hours, not just for this city but others as well.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2012, 9:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phesto View Post
If they're suggesting 53 floors, I'm guessing they've deleted floors ending in 4, but not starting with 4 (like they did for Metroplace in Burnaby).

This would seem to indicate that Westbank will not be marketing exclusively to Chinese before opening to the general public? (like they did for Granville/70th)
What's with all this marketing to the Chinese first? I realize they are the ones with all the money right now, but it seems kind of discriminatory. Can someone help me understand this?

Old Posted Mar 16, 2012, 10:01 PM

Discriminatory? A company can sell their product to whomever they want.

As of right now it is cheaper and faster to market directly to China first then try and sell the remainder, if there is any, back in the local market.

A big marketing campaign you traditionally see for a condo in vancouver can get very expensive, hosting a few dozen investors at a lavish event in China is much cheaper and is currently yeilding much more sales.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver