HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 26, 2007, 3:23 AM
Posh

^
We need to see some more renderings first. This is the only one we have.

Frankly I don't think you'd see much of this particular tower from Alki, anyway. It buried in back of too many other towers.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2007, 3:24 AM

From the south this tower will definitely show.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2007, 3:26 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Well you have to wait until more renderings come out. Maybe the city doesn't want that part of the city over crowded with car's, people, and buildings that's why there is a height limit.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2007, 4:04 AM

Question

thank you james bond agent 007 for updating the 1st page but i have a question what is 114 pike? i havent heard of 114 pike yet and wht about all those other towers towards the bottom that we have not heard news about in a while?

Old Posted Aug 26, 2007, 6:07 AM
Never Dell

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattle lover View Post
i just think that its stupid that the height limit is 400 feet according to mhays since its right across the street from the columbia center and its over 900 feet! and ya i hope it gets built to, there arent any glass buildings this color of the proposed tower in the city this large, could someone add this tower from a view from alki and lets see what this would look like
There's no height limit on that site, just an FAR limit.

The 400' limit applies to a different project to the south.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2007, 6:51 AM

I like 5th and Columbia a lot as well, from what we can see it least. I hope the angled faceting really stands out - it looks great. Per the design review notes from Thursday, it was listed at 41-stories.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2007, 8:56 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Finally, I've been asking for some one to please update the list and list floor count/height for a long time now!! Thanks James Bond Agent 007. Did you take that first picture of Seattle from Issaqua is it?

Old Posted Aug 26, 2007, 3:30 PM

I love the 5th and marion building!

-unknown

Old Posted Aug 26, 2007, 4:06 PM

^ That's a no go. They changed it to commercial. So the design is probably going to be different.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2007, 4:42 PM

oh...well hopefully for the better.

-unknown

Old Posted Aug 26, 2007, 5:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by destroybananas View Post
I love the 5th and marion building!
DRB meeting for this project is scheduled for 9/11 at 5:30 pm. Check out how the office version suits you if you can.
http://web1.seattle.gov/dpd/luib/Notice.aspx?id=6229

Old Posted Aug 26, 2007, 6:31 PM

^ Ahhh..... So they are taking half the block.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2007, 6:42 PM

Question

not to change the subject of 5th & Marion but which corner street and which street is skygarden, the boylsten, and skyline at first hill located?

Old Posted Aug 27, 2007, 1:26 AM
legal in all 50 states

Quote:
Yea, I would like to see you design something like that. It looks great, it adds density, and improves the skyline. Aren't those positive effects of skyscrapers and aren't we on skyscraperpage.com
Sure, let me grab a 4x4 and some tin foil. It's a cheap building. They're opting to construct an easy to build, cost effective, space maximizing building---> A BIG FLAT RECTANGLE. By covering the building in two-way mirrors they believe they can get away with this, and walk away with maximum profit. If your so happy about a shiny rectangle then I guess I'm happy for you, being so easy to please will guarentee you a full happy life. I'm merely implying that the design doesn't merit the kind of "OMG! It looks beautiful" enthusiasim WESTSEATTLEGUY(who is doing a fantastic job on the west seattle thread) has for it.

5th and Columbia is one of the few prime lots left in the central financial core, and should a building rise from it in this golden age of construction in seattle, I'd expect it to comprise both height and exceptional design. I fear the reflective facade will only serve for me too gaze upon some of the surrounding buildings, and dwell on what could have been.

-John Stuart Mill

Old Posted Aug 27, 2007, 1:39 AM
legal in all 50 states

Quote:
I work at First & Spring. Welcome to the neighborhood!
We know where you work now mhays, now give us the goods on the starbucks building, we don't wanna have to do this the hard way

-John Stuart Mill

Old Posted Aug 27, 2007, 2:55 AM
cookies, skittles & milk

Actually it doesn't seem like it will be a "square" and if you look at the top the roof looks slanted a little bit, or it could be the angle. I disagree with you Urban Steroid, it's a nice building and there are many box like structures around the world that look good. For some reason it reminds me of the new BOAT in New York.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2007, 4:42 AM
Posh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleks0o01 View Post
Finally, I've been asking for some one to please update the list and list floor count/height for a long time now!! Thanks James Bond Agent 007. Did you take that first picture of Seattle from Issaqua is it?
No, I think that was taken by Rainier Meadows. And I think he took it from the Newcastle golf course, or nearby.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2007, 4:46 AM
Posh

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanSteroid View Post
Sure, let me grab a 4x4 and some tin foil. It's a cheap building. They're opting to construct an easy to build, cost effective, space maximizing building---> A BIG FLAT RECTANGLE. By covering the building in two-way mirrors they believe they can get away with this, and walk away with maximum profit. If your so happy about a shiny rectangle then I guess I'm happy for you, being so easy to please will guarentee you a full happy life. I'm merely implying that the design doesn't merit the kind of "OMG! It looks beautiful" enthusiasim WESTSEATTLEGUY(who is doing a fantastic job on the west seattle thread) has for it.

5th and Columbia is one of the few prime lots left in the central financial core, and should a building rise from it in this golden age of construction in seattle, I'd expect it to comprise both height and exceptional design. I fear the reflective facade will only serve for me too gaze upon some of the surrounding buildings, and dwell on what could have been.
WTF??

This is the only rendering we've seen of it. How can you possibly make such a judgment based upon this one rendering (from a less-than-illustrative angle)?

Old Posted Aug 27, 2007, 4:55 AM

@ UrbanSteroid - Thanks for commenting me outside the West Seattle thread, but don't you think the rudeness is a little uncalled for. I think you are making biased judgments without seeing the final project first.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2007, 5:19 AM
legal in all 50 states

Quote:
WTF??

This is the only rendering we've seen of it. How can you possibly make such a judgment based upon this one rendering (from a less-than-illustrative angle)?
Do you think there's gonna be a masterpiece on the other side of this building, or all of these crazy angles hidden by this view. If there were something more interesting to this building I'm pretty sure they would try to show it in the rendering. It's not good advertising to show the building in its most boring light. And my judgement is no more extreme than saying this is a beautiful building according to your reasoning. I will call it as I see it, and right now I see a shiny rectangle(sorry aleks, not seein the angles, but I would like to see this BOAT it reminds you of).

-John Stuart Mill

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations