HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Engineering

Old Posted Jun 9, 2010, 12:42 PM

High-Rise Contractors? (Mods. Please delete thread)

Hello-

I am new to this forum and this is my first post, so I hope this is the proper introduction and area to pose some questions.

I am looking to work in the field of high-rise construction and wondering if there are any resources or list available of firms that specialize in this type of work?

Would anyone have any advice as to how to obtain a job on a high-rise project or with a firm that specializes in high-rise construction? (city/companies/strategy/position/etc.)

Background: I can relocate anywhere. I am looking to eventually work in the pre construction and/or project management areas. I hold a Bachelors in Business Administration and a Masters in Building Construction from the University of Florida. I am currently employed as an estimator and project manager for a "theming" company. I am willing to begin as a project engineer/assistant in the field or office.

I apologize if this is not the correct venue or approach. I looked for an introduction section and did not see it or I would have started there.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited by bluewaters2545; Jun 19, 2010 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Please delete.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2010, 12:27 AM

Could someone tell me how to delete a thread?

Or moderators will you please delete my thread.

Thanks.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2010, 1:22 AM

Hey man i work for a general contractor myself, jst what ive learned, there really are not general contractors who just do high rises, they do a variety, if u live in the states, try contacting PCL construction, Tishman, Ellis Don, look them up on the internet, If you ever wanted to move to Canada, try Elite Formwork, PCL, ELLIS DON, LEDCOR, GRAHAM, WRIGHT, DOMINION, PAGNOTA, AECON, CANA, try those ones, look em up on the internet man.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Engineering