HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jun 25, 2017, 4:59 PM

Broadstone? Westside and Icon

Broadstone Westside (I forget if there was a name change...)

Icon:

Old Posted Jun 25, 2017, 6:02 PM

The fence was taken down (potentially temporarily?) at Hanover West Peachtree along 10th. Looks like the retail portions are going to be monstrous. Will be great additions to the area. I'm excited for the dominos across the street to eventually meet its maker

Old Posted Jun 25, 2017, 8:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaguy View Post

How about you drop this shit? If you can't deal with 'the South,' stay put in L.A.
I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. But there's no need to use profane language just because you disagree on a topic. And honestly, I'm happy with my surroundings while I'm in Atlanta. There are definitely a lot of close minded individuals here, but for the most part, especially with people that make the decisions...they are extremely progressive and that's one of the main reasons Atlanta has grown. So at the end of the day, people like you maybe should just stay in Alabama. And let the urban fabric of Atlanta continue to grow and be prosperous, as well as the suburbs that continue to feed money into the city daily.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2017, 2:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scania View Post
I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. But there's no need to use profane language just because you disagree on a topic. And honestly, I'm happy with my surroundings while I'm in Atlanta. There are definitely a lot of close minded individuals here, but for the most part, especially with people that make the decisions...they are extremely progressive and that's one of the main reasons Atlanta has grown. So at the end of the day, people like you maybe should just stay in Alabama. And let the urban fabric of Atlanta continue to grow and be prosperous, as well as the suburbs that continue to feed money into the city daily.
Scania, this may be a topic you want to leave alone.

If you did not grow up in Atlanta with the Braves as your #1 team it might be hard to understand why this move is such a big deal. There is a lot of history behind this with things like Atlanta always leading the way in Civil Rights and Cobb County regularly taking anti-Civil Rights stances even to the point of getting themselves internationally boycotted during the '96 Olympics in the process. Or Cobb's obstruction of MARTA, expanding Atlanta city limits, and other regional efforts.

That the Braves and so many of their fans used this relocation to fuel their feud with the city and trash talk Atlanta, my neighborhood, and how we were not true fans is a key source of the tension.

Plus this forum is not the place for this subject. Keep it development related.

Last edited by jsvh; Jun 26, 2017 at 2:46 AM.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2017, 3:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffschade3 View Post
Piedmont Healthcare is taking over some of the space formerly occupied by CB2.

https://whatnowatlanta.com/piedmont-...e-cb2-midtown/
Thank you!

Old Posted Jun 26, 2017, 4:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvh View Post
Scania, this may be a topic you want to leave alone.

If you did not grow up in Atlanta with the Braves as your #1 team it might be hard to understand why this move is such a big deal. There is a lot of history behind this with things like Atlanta always leading the way in Civil Rights and Cobb County regularly taking anti-Civil Rights stances even to the point of getting themselves internationally boycotted during the '96 Olympics in the process. Or Cobb's obstruction of MARTA, expanding Atlanta city limits, and other regional efforts.

That the Braves and so many of their fans used this relocation to fuel their feud with the city and trash talk Atlanta, my neighborhood, and how we were not true fans is a key source of the tension.

Plus this forum is not the place for this subject. Keep it development related.
Born at Crawford Long Hospital. Lived half of my life in Atlanta. Graduated high school and college in Atlanta. Worked for NBC during the Olympics. As far as civil rights. My cousin is the former pastor and successor of MLK Sr. of Ebenezer Baptist Church. Things have changed in Atlanta and Cobb, as well as the entire state. Cascade Rd. used to have a wall that did not allow blacks in the area. You don't see black people saying don't live there. Please, if you feel you need to PM me, you can. But trust I know this topic VERY WELL!

Old Posted Jun 26, 2017, 5:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwfan9898 View Post
Thank you!
Piedmont healthcare is only taking the second floor of the space. Don't know what the first floor is going to be.. I heard somewhere it might be a chipotle.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2017, 9:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One ATLien View Post
Piedmont healthcare is only taking the second floor of the space. Don't know what the first floor is going to be.. I heard somewhere it might be a chipotle.
That would be incredible!! I have wondered why chipotle dosnt have a store in midtown. I hope this turns out to be true

Old Posted Jun 26, 2017, 2:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Broadstone Westside (I forget if there was a name change...)
One of the architects (formerly at Lord Aeck Sargent) has it as Broadstone Yards on his website now.https://www.brockhudgins.com/#/buildings/

Quote:
Broadstone Yards is a 275-unit apartment community located in West Midtown adjacent to Westside Provisions, the center of gravity for the vibrant Westside neighborhoods and a destination of design-focused galleries, showrooms, restaurants, and shops. In spite of this central location, the site is challenged by having no street frontage and limited visibility, the only access is from a private drive into the back of the property. Brock Hudgins Architects solved this design challenge by using simple building forms, details and materials except in three specific locations, where the use of over-sized trusses, catwalks, columns, and beams bring the project into focus and render it memorable while paying homage to the site's industrial past.

Other features include multiple courtyards and terraces, a pool, fitness center and clubroom. Secured parking is provided in a 400-car pre-cast parking deck.

In collaboration with Lord Aeck Sargent.

Last edited by arctk2014; Jun 26, 2017 at 2:18 PM.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2017, 3:08 PM

The May 18, 2017, meeting of the Development Authority of Fulton County discussed the following proposed project at 980 Howell Mill Rd.:

Link: http://www.developfultoncounty.com/d...ar_Meeting.pdf

Quote:
NEW BUSINESS:
Letter of Inducement for Toll Brothers, Inc. (“Toll Brothers”):

Mr. Ryan Pratt of King & Spalding LLP and Mr. Steven Bates and Mr. Nicholas Immerman of Toll Brothers appeared in connection with the request for a letter of inducement for the issuance of $80,000,000 in revenue bonds for the development of a mixed-use project to be located at 980 Howell Mill Road in West Midtown. Mr. Bates stated that the project will be comprised of approximately 318 apartments units with 16,000 square feet of street front retail space. Mr. Bates informed the Authority that the land is currently vacant, underutilized and mostly unimproved. Currently, the vacant site makes for an unsightly block in the middle of a developing neighborhood. There are no sidewalks or sufficient street lighting currently on the site, which makes it a non-walkable and non-pedestrian friendly area. Mr. Bates explained that the project plans provide public improvements such as a new vibrant streetscape, thorough street lighting, sidewalks and extensive landscaping, bicycle parking racks, and additional street facing retail that will help further the urbanism of the Westside Corridor. Mr. Bates also informed the Authority that currently there is no storm water structure on site for drainage purposes. Mr. Bates explained that Toll Brothers, at its own cost, will install new infrastructure on the site in order to address drainage and flooding issues on the city streets. Overall, approximately 400 to 500 construction jobs, 8 permanent property management jobs, and 50 jobs retail jobs will be created as a result of the project. Mr. Bates confirmed that Toll Brothers has carefully evaluated Atlanta City Code Section 54-1(c) and will agree to reserve 10% of the total units available for rent to households having an income that does not exceed 60% of the area median income.

Upon questions from the Authority, Mr. Bates confirmed that approximately $3,000,000 in system and public improvements will be made. Mr. Bates also confirmed that Toll Brothers has reviewed the Authority’s MFBE policy and will work with their general contractor to make sure the participation requirements are satisfied. Mr. Nash recommended approval of the project subject to Toll Brothers’ commitment that the project will satisfy the requirements of the City of Atlanta with regard to set asides for workforce housing and the requirement of a land use restriction agreement with the City of Atlanta as set forth in the Atlanta City Code Section 54-1(c). Upon a
motion made by Mr. Hodge, which was seconded by Ms. Page, the Authority unanimously approved the letter of inducement for Toll Brothers.
Are there any renderings for this project? At first I thought it was the Star Metals project, but I think that one is located up the road at 1050 Howell Mill.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2017, 3:24 PM

I've been thinking for years that something needs to happen there. As far as I know this would be Toll Brothers first time venture into Georgia.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2017, 5:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
I've been thinking for years that something needs to happen there. As far as I know this would be Toll Brothers first time venture into Georgia.
Oh hoh hoh man this would be awesome, especially if both of the Star Metals projects also get off the ground. Sure would be nice to get Waterworks park and more transit to this corridor long before 2030...

Old Posted Jun 26, 2017, 5:59 PM

The humane society is selling their property right there as well?

10th and Howell Mill could become the great intersection it should be in a few years.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2017, 6:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertjhajek View Post
The humane society is selling their property right there as well?

10th and Howell Mill could become the great intersection it should be in a few years.
Humane society land sale, 14th & Howell Mill, star metals office, star metals apartments, and now the 980 Howell Mill apartments is 5 potential developments not yet off the ground along 4 blocks on Howell Mill. Add in Broadstone Yards and Stockyards... this neighborhood is really growing into its own destination. Really wish we saw this level of density for living and retail space in one place along the BeltLine. Inman Park is the only place close to it and that stretch is pretty limited. Cannot wait for it to be fully developed between Marietta/Northside up to 14th Street one day

Old Posted Jun 26, 2017, 8:12 PM

If these projects ever break ground. Star Metals still hasn't really done much...kind of worried for it. We don't really want it to go the Eviva way.

Old Posted Jun 26, 2017, 10:35 PM

West Midtown needs an urban grocery store right there so badly.

No one's going to walk down a dirt sidewalk through a water treatment plant to go to the Kroger on Northside

Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 12:40 PM

German firm Newport has big plans to revitalize downtown Atlanta

Link: http://www.myajc.com/news/local/germ...QJWlRRElR239L/

Quote:
A German development firm has acquired more than two dozen historic downtown buildings, with plans to buy about a dozen more, in a $200 million plan to bring the largely vacant and boarded up structures south of the Five Points MARTA station back to their former glory.
The article goes into even greater detail about Newport's mixed-use development plans in the area between the Gulch and Underground. They plan to restore, not tear down, the buildings they are purchasing. They have also scooped up many of the vacant parking lots in the area for new development to increase the urban density of the area. Notably, they have no plans to add any new parking but will piggy back on the existing mass transit infrastructure. They say this will significantly reduce the development cost. They also intend to work closely with the community in developing a master plan and intend to include affordable housing.

Along with redevelopment of Underground and the Gulch, there could be $1.5 to $2 billion in investment in this area. It's hard not to be excited about all this.

Last edited by jwbab; Jun 27, 2017 at 12:51 PM.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 1:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
German firm Newport has big plans to revitalize downtown Atlanta

Link: http://www.myajc.com/news/local/germ...QJWlRRElR239L/

The article goes into even greater detail about Newport's mixed-use development plans in the area between the Gulch and Underground. They plan to restore, not tear down, the buildings they are purchasing. They have also scooped up many of the vacant parking lots in the area for new development to increase the urban density of the area. Notably, they have no plans to add any new parking but will piggy back on the existing mass transit infrastructure. They say this will significantly reduce the development cost. They also intend to work closely with the community in developing a master plan and intend to include affordable housing.

Along with redevelopment of Underground and the Gulch, there could be $1.5 to $2 billion in investment in this area. It's hard not to be excited about all this.
Positively fantastic news

Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 2:30 PM

May not be a sexy super tall sky scrapper, but think the Newport project is the one I am most excited about and think will have the biggest positive impact.

Last edited by jsvh; Jun 27, 2017 at 4:53 PM.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2017, 2:54 PM

Great news in regards to the new downtown projects.

Maybe it'll give enough momentum to get 50 Allen off the ground?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations