HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Sep 6, 2009, 8:23 PM

Stalking Rooftops and Parking Garages (West Campus, Austin, Texas)

Taken on a very overcast, and humid Friday (09/04) morning. I was bored, so I decided (as the thread title suggests) to stalk rooftops and parking garages for views of my neighborhood and beyond. I also posted this in the City Photos section.

Additionally, I have a photo thread showing this area from street level.

West Campus is a neighborhood directly adjacent to the University of Texas at Austin along the western border and is less than a mile from the CBD. In no particular order, welcome to West Campus from 6-10 stories up.

And a few panos

Hope you enjoyed.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2009, 9:51 PM

Good job! Those are some very interesting views. That first picture hardly even looks like Austin. I wonder how much the population of West Campus has increased since the University Neighborhood Overlay was passed? Has it drawn students back to campus from Far West and Riverside?

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 12:45 AM
Meh

Very cool. Those are interesting. We don't see West Campus like that too often. What buildings/garages were those taken from?

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 3:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SALaw1 View Post
Good job! Those are some very interesting views. That first picture hardly even looks like Austin. I wonder how much the population of West Campus has increased since the University Neighborhood Overlay was passed? Has it drawn students back to campus from Far West and Riverside?
As far as new development drawing students back to the West Campus area, I think the jury is out. I've heard anecdotal evidence that some of the highrises are considered to be overpriced and are not fully rented. There are some students that just plain can't afford living there. That's why the university is making an effort to build more housing as well. It really wants to have students closer in. As I said, though, that's all anecdotal so who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinFromTexas View Post
Very cool. Those are interesting. We don't see West Campus like that too often. What buildings/garages were those taken from?
The last few (before the panos) are definitely from the University Co-Op garage. There are some great views from there.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 5:59 AM

nice pics Will!

Old Posted Sep 7, 2009, 8:22 AM

I love stalking parking garages! I've never been to any of the ones in this thread, thugh. Thanks!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin