HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Pin Observation Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Phoenix Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Feb 11, 2013, 5:19 PM

Wow! Very cool! I can't wait to give a try. I am looking forward to it. We didn't realize know that. This is first Observation deck in Arizona.

When they will start construction the observation deck and when they will be completely?

Old Posted Feb 11, 2013, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktrojan3921 View Post
I think they should make it taller, like around 200 or so metres. At that height it would be easy to build a skyscraper that would block the view of the Observation Tower.
I agree but in Phoenix there isn't that good of a chance of that happening anytime soon. There was supposed to be a 44 story 525 ft tall building built close to where this (if it does happen) is supposedly to be built but it is now going up as a 25 story building because of the economy as it is now.

Old Posted Feb 12, 2013, 6:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede View Post
I agree. Making an obs tower that barely taller than the tallest existing buildings and quite close to them is a set-up for getting overtaken and surrounded in a couple of decades.
Ideally observation towers this close to other buildings should be higher, but, in this case downtown Phoenix is right on top of a major airport. I expect that FAA has imposed some type of height limitation in that area. I would think a location between downtown and the midtown area would allow it to be taller, but, most of the current activities that draw crowds are in the proposed area.

Old Posted Feb 16, 2013, 10:54 PM

LOL! Don't do it Phoenix! That's just silly.

Old Posted Feb 17, 2013, 3:29 AM
Chillin' in The Burgh

It's def ugly but would probably be a cool city attraction.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2014, 5:00 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktrojan3921 View Post
I think they should make it taller, like around 200 or so metres. At that height it would be easy to build a skyscraper that would block the view of the Observation Tower.

Yes I agree but due to FAA regulations skyscrapers in Phoenix cannot pass 520+ feet because planes landing at KPHX would be in danger of clipping their landing gear on the rooftops of the buildings. I live in Phoenix, and trust me. Whenever I am in a plane landing on the two left runways buildings like Chase Tower and the US Bank Center see to pop up at me. Even looking from the ground as planes land they look very close. This is why Phoenix doesn't have tall skyscrapers (which it deserves, seriously) but other than that I love this project!

Old Posted Jun 11, 2014, 6:00 AM

Any updates on this? I've been really pulling for this to get built. This is a great design.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive