HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Telus Garden Residential Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Vancouver Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Mar 23, 2012, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrenegade View Post
Looks like no one has to worry about getting a unit without parking anymore I guess. lol
Hence the strategy to sell all of the 1-bedrooms to employees...they don't need their cars!!

Old Posted Mar 23, 2012, 9:06 PM

Pretty soon they'll start manufacturing iPads in there...

Old Posted Mar 23, 2012, 9:09 PM

^^ and Mike Daisy can write a play lying about it!

Old Posted Mar 24, 2012, 2:23 AM

Welp, so much for my interest in buying into this project.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2012, 10:05 PM

I find it funny that the cost per square foot of a parking stall is close to that of a fully finished condo in the same building.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2012, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Infiltrator View Post
I find it funny that the cost per square foot of a parking stall is close to that of a fully finished condo in the same building.
I bet the rental rate is in the $3/sf range for both so there you go.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2012, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Infiltrator View Post
For clarity, I think it would be safe to say similar price psf, not cost.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2012, 11:47 PM

Was at the open house today and they expect it to be 90% pre-sold at days end. Quite a few people where complaining openly about all the one bedrooms being sold to employees. The lowest price available when I got there was $900,000. Will post pictures next entry.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2012, 4:39 AM

Probably the only time I'll get to see the atrium so I took a few pix with the model.
Aside from White Spot and the main Telus store there will be another CAYA and a Yyoga.

The large screen at the corner of Robson and Seymour. I don't imagine the residents across the street will be happy.

For an extra charge residents can join Yyoga.

Finishes. There was no showsuite.

All pix by Built Form

Old Posted Mar 26, 2012, 4:55 AM

Awesome update!

Cant wait to see this project completed.

But, what happened to the screen facing Georgia? I see it in some renderings, but this model shows a tree box.

Unless it is some sort of super fancy technology where the image is projected on the box at night?

The submitted for three screens, which were approved, but this model only shows the Robson corner ones.

I hope the Sears building takes note on those corner screens...

Old Posted Mar 26, 2012, 4:55 AM
be nice to the crackheads

Man, the scale of this project is immense. A total game changer for that part of town.

Thanks a lot for the pictures, Built Form.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2012, 5:06 AM

Quote:
There's something about this that I'm not too fond of. I can't pinpoint what. But I guess there's too much blank wall or maybe it's how the upper floors are drastically recessed from the floors below (similar to Capital's large boxy floorplate abruptly ends and becomes one one that is smaller and circular).

Old Posted Mar 26, 2012, 5:23 AM

^^ It's that alien curved element which exists nowhere else in the project, and the 45-degree chamfered corner, which hasn't been used in any design after 1995. The size of those trees are really misleading considering there is next to zero soil depth for that to be possible.

On another note, that first pic of the model with the life-size trees in the background really makes for a great-selling composition. If only Vancouver didn't chop down all the old-growth trees back in the day... we'd be living on the 20th floor now and still be below the tree canopy. That would be some awesome Avatar-style setting.

Last edited by dleung; Mar 26, 2012 at 5:34 AM.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2012, 5:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Built Form View Post

All pix by Built Form
I'm curious to see what will go in this underground dealy. Either way I like spiral staircase and the way its all lit up. Should bring a lot of atmosphere to the block.

Edit: Looks like it says 'Lounge'?

Old Posted Mar 26, 2012, 5:32 AM
Reason and Freedom

Thank you for the photos. Very comprehensive.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2012, 6:26 AM
Blazed Member - Citygater

wow wow wee waa .... thanks for the pics!

"orange vested guy" - towerguy3

Old Posted Mar 26, 2012, 7:27 AM
Reason and Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post

They submitted for three screens, which were approved, but this model only shows the Robson corner ones.
Are you sure they were approved? I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2012, 7:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro-One View Post

But, what happened to the screen facing Georgia? I see it in some renderings, but this model shows a tree box.

Unless it is some sort of super fancy technology where the image is projected on the box at night?

Your right, the Georgia lightbox will have a projected screen at night.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2012, 7:36 AM

Sweet, thanks! And yes, they were approved. Given that this is a huge development being done on the edge of our CBD by a large telecommunications company, and that it will act as the HQ, i think such screens / lighting features are very well justified and to be expected.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2012, 7:44 AM

This is an excerpt taken from the policy report on Sept 13, 2011. It shows the city is supportive of the screens subject to a sign by-law amendment along with a public hearing. I don't think this has happened. Maybe jLo knows?

The projection screen between the 14th and 17th floors is located on the west façade of the office building. The display would be predominantly visible from the North side of Georgia Street when approaching the building from the west, and based on this technology only available from dusk until dawn. It is anticipated the screen would be retractable, and might only used in the evening and nighttime hours with a shut-off time to be determined after further evaluation. It has been suggested that the screen could be for events or used at strategic dates, rather than on a seven-day-a-week basis. The screen would provide interest and animation to the building façade, and allows for a unique place-making opportunity for Telus in this location. While this screen would require an amendment to the Sign By-law (subject to public hearing), staff are prepared to support the screen in principle at the zoning stage based on the integration of the concept into the building architecture in this proposed location. Further analysis is required to ensure minimal impact on adjacent residential properties, and regulate the time and amount of use, as well as content.
The LED screens located on the Robson and Seymour facades are designed to provide a combination of civic and artistic content, as well as showcase emerging technologies representing first party advertising for Telus. While staff are willing to explore LED signage in this location in principle, further detailed analysis would be required to determine appropriate size, ratios of content, impact on neighbouring properties, and other factors. Specific details would be confirmed prior to Council consideration of a Sign By-law amendment (subject to public hearing).
Recommendation B in the report directs staff to prepare an amendment for the Sign By-law as part of a public hearing. This is a standard procedure for all CD-1 (Comprehensive Development) Districts as the Sign By-law regulates all signage for development (including fascia signs, etc). The LED signage referred to above is outside the scope of this Sign By-law amendment and will be dealt with at a later date.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver