HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West

Old Posted Nov 1, 2016, 3:36 PM

Heres a rendering for the downstream reach. This was snagged off of the cities's whitewater park page. It'll be interesting to see how much it has or will change.

(Sorry for the size, my aim was to get it large enough for everyone to be able to read the callouts)

Old Posted Nov 2, 2016, 2:26 PM
not a cynic

Thanks for posting Phase II of the Boise River Park. However, there's an updated version. So far, the only difference I see is the updated version has eliminated the connection from the river to Veterans Pond. Edit: Structures 1, 2 & 3 have been slightly changed. Updated version shows a side channel and island on the GC side downstream of structure 1.

Updated Boise River Park Phase II concept: http://parks.cityofboise.org/media/1...-Park-Plan.pdf
Parent page is http://parks.cityofboise.org/parks-l...itewater-park/

Reposting the 2003 concept by REP for Americana:

Last edited by boisecynic; Nov 2, 2016 at 2:41 PM.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 4:59 PM
not a cynic

March 2018: updating neglected thread

Jefferson Project

Lot 4 is a 4-plex, the other 5 are single family. Also of note, 8' setbacks instead of the normal 15'. Lot 1 and lot 8 appear to be common for parking.

site plan

lot 2

lot 3

lot 4

lot 5

lot 6

lot 7

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 5:01 PM
not a cynic

Update on Adare Manor:

The 134 unit affordable housing apartment complex on south side of Fairview at 24th/25th.

I'm not sure if this has been posted, sorry if repost. BW did a very nice write up back on Jan 31st.

https://www.boiseweekly.com/boise/sh...nt?oid=9009683

Quote:
Things got a lot more challenging in December 2017, when a GOP-led Congress passed a massive federal tax overhaul which was signed into law by President Donald Trump.
Urban Ascent may be involved in this very complex deal. it appears City Council is terminating the lease with Urban Ascent for parking for the Adare Manor project. But from the BW article Adare is mired in finance issues.

Source of following pic: http://nwintegrityhousing.com

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 5:35 PM
not a cynic

Boise River Park phase II permit

http://pdsonline.cityofboise.org/pds...id=CFH17-00058

Preliminary work is underway, major construction begins August 2018 to last thru May 2019. Greenbelt closure, again, the whole period.

Note the difference in this latest rendering with the side channel to the west of the back parking lot, compared to above rendering.

Last edited by boisecynic; Mar 7, 2018 at 6:39 PM.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 6:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisecynic View Post
I moved the elevations to the West Downtown thread.

It's a tough lot to develop with 19st street cutting through at an angle. From what I've heard neighbors were supportive at the developer's info meeting but no drawings were produced at that meeting. I've also heard the 300' impact zone neighbors didn't want an attached home project. But attached town homes make the most sense to me because of the constraints of the lot. Normal setbacks could probably kept with that approach. Now we're looking at a strange shoe horned kludge, imo.
Moving west to east, you could fit four traditional lots and use the over sized 'diagonal' parcel on the far east side for townhome/walk up attached units. All lots could have alley-loaded parking as well. Maybe when this is developed a bit more it'll feel more appropriate for the neighborhood and its proximity to downtown.

Old Posted Mar 7, 2018, 7:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 208_Dev View Post
Moving west to east, you could fit four traditional lots and use the over sized 'diagonal' parcel on the far east side for townhome/walk up attached units. All lots could have alley-loaded parking as well. Maybe when this is developed a bit more it'll feel more appropriate for the neighborhood and its proximity to downtown.
Not in love with the architecture. I was hoping for 4 or 5 traditional bungalows along Jefferson to replace the ones that were there originally and a multistory structure on the Bannock side where the Salvation Army office building had sat. Maintain through-block alley access. But if this is what fills in the blanks, it beats weeds!

Old Posted Mar 10, 2018, 4:05 AM

I'm digging the Jefferson Project. While yes, it could have been done differently, it could have also just been 5 generic homes like there are in every other direction in that neighborhood. This blends in nicely while offering a little more. The project does a good job of incorporating a few more units in the middle, while also having all car access through the alley. I'm absolutely in love with rooftop decks, which this project seems to take full advantage of. Very nice.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2018, 3:07 PM
not a cynic

It looks to me like those renderings are preliminary at most, some maybe even recycled from some other project. Look at lot 3, is that a slab on grade with grade beams? I can't recall seeing that method around here.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2018, 3:15 PM
not a cynic

Jefferson project deferred at April 2nd hearing to May 14th:

Quote:
The Boise City Planning and Zoning Commission, at their hearing of April 2, 2018, deferred your application to a certain date of May 14, 2018. As part of the deferral, you are encouraged to reexamine the following aspects of the project:

• Provide more detailed elevations and renderings of the project from each street frontage.

• Provide additional information regarding the hardship or exceptional circumstance justifying the requested variances.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Mountain West